**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Another fail from Kabam

Comments

• Options
    Rohith21Rohith21 Posts: 168 ★★

Rohith21 said:

Rohith21 said:

Rohith21 said:

If you have a right to complain, we have a right to comment about that complaint and offer our opinion as well. Not a single person has said "stop complaining now". Why is that if anyone has a different opinion than yours, then they are Kabam employees? Like seriously, find a better insult.

Idk man, I guess the "no one forced you to do this" narrative doesn't work anymore either.
    Find something better than this when people (that too on majority) express their distaste on something.

The narrative of absolutely everything being terrible doesn't work either.. it was terrible before, I saw a screenshot of a guy with 48M shards of solo crystals. It was terrible yesterday, its still terrible now. People act as if people were forced to do something in trade of this terrible crystals that you acquire with a currency that was also terrible in the first place.
    Like I said, people are just calling the sh1t value in this trade. There's a reason why they didn't even make a post about this or mention it anywhere. The guy who made this post clearly said, that there are things that kabam is getting wrong consistently only in recent times (on which he isn't wrong).
    Do me a favor, read back OPs post and check what exactly he was asking for instead. He is not really asking for 5 bricks of T5 Iso or 1 of T6, check exactly what he thought they should have given us.
    After you check that have in mind that I told you some people have this shards in the number of MILLIONS.
    After you do that tell me if his complaint, request, wish or whatever you want to call it seems reasonable at all. Tell me that what OP wanted is not game breaking.
    I have no intention to upset you or anyone. I do see what you're trying to say and it's a valid concern, that it could be groundbreaking for players who have hoarded the shards since a very long time. But there also happen to be a good section of summoners who don't hoard these sharda and just use them for the temporary boosts. The current output from these crystals isn't worth the price tag. That's the bottomline I see for this situation. I see that you're right but this could have easily been avoided, if Kabam actually just did an optional trade-in for these shards in exchange of other useful goods to reduce the hoarding (before releasing these crystals). Thank you for correcting me.
    Your points are valid, now understand my position.
    **** crystal turned into a less **** crystal.
    OP was asking for 6* AGs!!!...
    I agree, the ammount of ISO is really low, but some ISO is better than NO ISO.
    Had OP said come on a T6 ISO brick at least...I wouldn't have said anything.. Of course a "deal" is gonna be bad if the expectations are unreal. A chance of a 6* AG for 20k solo shards? Even if they are giving 1 every month after doing content and objectives... 20k solo shards for 1 6* AG? That's unreal.
    Nah that's valid tho, you make sense. 6* AGs, idc where you are in the game progression, would be insane if it was easily available. That's kinda unreal to expect that. On majority end, it's just more gold and iso we are asking for.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★

• Options
    Milan1405 said:

Rohith21 said:

Rohith21 said:

Rohith21 said:

If you have a right to complain, we have a right to comment about that complaint and offer our opinion as well. Not a single person has said "stop complaining now". Why is that if anyone has a different opinion than yours, then they are Kabam employees? Like seriously, find a better insult.

Idk man, I guess the "no one forced you to do this" narrative doesn't work anymore either.
    Find something better than this when people (that too on majority) express their distaste on something.

The narrative of absolutely everything being terrible doesn't work either.. it was terrible before, I saw a screenshot of a guy with 48M shards of solo crystals. It was terrible yesterday, its still terrible now. People act as if people were forced to do something in trade of this terrible crystals that you acquire with a currency that was also terrible in the first place.
    Like I said, people are just calling the sh1t value in this trade. There's a reason why they didn't even make a post about this or mention it anywhere. The guy who made this post clearly said, that there are things that kabam is getting wrong consistently only in recent times (on which he isn't wrong).
    Do me a favor, read back OPs post and check what exactly he was asking for instead. He is not really asking for 5 bricks of T5 Iso or 1 of T6, check exactly what he thought they should have given us.
    After you check that have in mind that I told you some people have this shards in the number of MILLIONS.
    After you do that tell me if his complaint, request, wish or whatever you want to call it seems reasonable at all. Tell me that what OP wanted is not game breaking.
    I have no intention to upset you or anyone. I do see what you're trying to say and it's a valid concern, that it could be groundbreaking for players who have hoarded the shards since a very long time. But there also happen to be a good section of summoners who don't hoard these sharda and just use them for the temporary boosts. The current output from these crystals isn't worth the price tag. That's the bottomline I see for this situation. I see that you're right but this could have easily been avoided, if Kabam actually just did an optional trade-in for these shards in exchange of other useful goods to reduce the hoarding (before releasing these crystals). Thank you for correcting me.
    Had OP said come on a T6 ISO brick at least...I wouldn't have said anything.. Of course a "deal" is gonna be bad if the expectations are unreal. A chance of a 6* AG for 20k solo shards? Even if they are giving 1 every month after doing content and objectives... 20k solo shards for 1 6* AG? That's unreal.
    You are clearly not an endgame player at all if you think a chance at 6 star awakening gem is gamebreaking. For reference the current supreme solo crystal offers a 0.5% chance at a 4 star AG. If this was a 6 star AG it would make no difference at all to pretty much any valiant.
    Did you see the other crytals? The regular solo, the greater... They are the same exact shards, to you it won't make a difference, nor to me... Now new TBs and players that acquire them it will make a huge different. The game is not designed around you.
  • Options
    Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★

Milan1405 said:

Rohith21 said:

Rohith21 said:

Rohith21 said:

You are clearly not an endgame player at all if you think a chance at 6 star awakening gem is gamebreaking. For reference the current supreme solo crystal offers a 0.5% chance at a 4 star AG. If this was a 6 star AG it would make no difference at all to pretty much any valiant.
    Did you see the other crytals? The regular solo, the greater... They are the same exact shards, to you it won't make a difference, nor to me... Now new TBs and players that acquire them it will make a huge different. The game is not designed around you.
    It would be a 0.5% chance at a 6star AG, that's one in every 200 crystals or so, or every 4 million shards. That's not gamebreaking as there is no way newer, less developed accounts will have enough for it to be game breaking as they won't have the shards built up over the years. And you can pretty much get a gem or 2 every side event anyway, they are not a scare resource at all.
  • Options
    Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Rohith21 said:

Rohith21 said:

Rohith21 said:

It would be a 0.5% chance at a 6star AG, that's one in every 200 crystals or so, or every 4 million shards. That's not gamebreaking as there is no way newer, less developed accounts will have enough for it to be game breaking as they won't have the shards built up over the years. And you can pretty much get a gem or 2 every side event anyway, they are not a scare resource at all.
    RNG doesnt work that way, you should know that by now..
    You can get 1 or 2 for every side event for Paragon-Valiant...
    Just because your account doesn't benefit in a game breaking manner doesn't mean it doesnt break it for others.
    I don't get why you are so upset, an item that was bad yesterday is still bad today with a different packaging...
  • Options

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Rohith21 said:

Rohith21 said:

Rohith21 said:

Just because your account doesn't benefit in a game breaking manner doesn't mean it doesnt break it for others.
    I don't get why you are so upset, an item that was bad yesterday is still bad today with a different packaging...
    I am upset because this crystal should have been updated to reflect the current state of the game. Watch KT1's video where he explains the general thoughts in more detail. Not just that but it comes off the back of Kabam releasing the Carina challenges (half of which are a fail), then WoW complaints from much of the community and now the new raid bugs. It frustrates me personally, because I know Kabam can do better.
  • Options
    Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Rohith21 said:

Rohith21 said:

Rohith21 said:

I am upset because this crystal should have been updated to reflect the current state of the game. Watch KT1's video where he explains the general thoughts in more detail. Not just that but it comes off the back of Kabam releasing the Carina challenges (half of which are a fail), then WoW complaints from much of the community and now the new raid bugs. It frustrates me personally, because I know Kabam can do better.
    This is probably the most miniscule issue to be upset about.
  • Options
    I never said it was the most important thing ever, but I can be upset about it. Many endgame players agree with my sentiment, including top of the game youtubers, and giving feedback to Kabam is important as I said earlier.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,949 ★★★★
    Maybe what they should have done is to put in 6 star awakening gems and stones as well, that would at least make them better.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    edited February 20
    Rohith21 said:

I think you're under the assumption that the forums has every summoner here ..
  • Options
    EdisonLaw said:

Small amounts of iso and gold isn’t usually enough and players are already struggling to get ISO, this is a joke

Is it the only place to attain those resources?
  • Options

Rohith21 said:

Rohith21 said:

Rohith21 said:

Technically they're giving out 2 every month. A class and generic.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,690 Guardian
    Milan1405 said:

Rohith21 said:

Rohith21 said:

Rohith21 said:

1. The crystal does not appear to be progression-locked (nor is there any good reason for it to be) so the rewards in it have to be compared to any player that might get them. A 6* AG would be a significant reward to the vast majority of the playerbase. So would 6* shards.

2. Calling something game breaking or not game breaking is a meaningless qualification. The fact that it is not game breaking doesn't make it acceptable. It just means it isn't so epically horrible that it would damage the game immediately and obviously. Most wrong things don't do that. After all, the current ISO and Gold crystal is not game breaking. That doesn't mean it is necessarily designed to the right exchange target.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,949 ★★★★

EdisonLaw said:

Small amounts of iso and gold isn’t usually enough and players are already struggling to get ISO, this is a joke

Is it the only place to attain those resources?
    No but I'm saying it should be better
  • Options
    RoggamRoggam Posts: 57
    If we could spend gold on say… raid tix or convert it to another resource then it would be great
    It’s better than nothing though which is what it’s been for the last 5+ years
  • Options
    DeathsworkerDeathsworker Posts: 144 ★★
    Another fail is when I click a light attack and it causes me to dex back, thought maybe it was my fault for the mis-input. Wipe screen clean and retry, basic attack causes a dex back again. Restart the app and basic attack causes me to dex back for a 3rd time. 10/10 programming in AW.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,035 ★★★★★
    Two things can be true. It can be true that having this crystal is better than not having this crystal at all and also that this crystal is a very bad use of shards.

I opened five of these just to see what the drop rates were like, was disappointed, and will never open them again unless they are updated. But their existence in the game means that now there is something to update, which is a step in a positive direction.
  • Options
    SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 389 ★★
    Seems like all people do is complain. I think it’s cool to have another option. Gold and iso. I need it at times. This game is awesome. Been playing over 8 years and it’s still fun. Some stuff hard as hell. A little bad here and there vs lots of good free fun for lots of years.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

Listen I'm absolutely not asking of them to put like 6* awakening gems in this thing but the iso exchange rate ABSOLUTELY NEEDS TO BE BUFFED. A single brick of iso for 20k of those shards is absolutely terrible value, I'd much rather enjoy watching that big number go even bigger rather than buy this

These ISO brick drops are so low that they really feel like they are bugged 😂
    How much game breaking would be, if they were 10 t5 class or 3 t6 class ISO instead?
    Completely irrelevant quantity for 6*/7* champs.
    Mark missed, and it missed by a mile ☠️
  • Options
    Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Two things can be true. It can be true that having this crystal is better than not having this crystal at all and also that this crystal is a very bad use of shards.

I opened five of these just to see what the drop rates were like, was disappointed, and will never open them again unless they are updated. But their existence in the game means that now there is something to update, which is a step in a positive direction.

I don't have much hope/faith in them doing something considerably better for us with this considering how long it took them to come up with this trash solution to not having something worthwhile to use our shards on or the fact that they still haven't bothered to increase our iso from 5*, 6*, and 7* dupes (it should start with increasing the iso dupe with 5* because it increases with each of the rarities before that point, they shouldn't just ignore 5/6* and just maybe eventually increase if for 7* dupes or something).
  • Options
    FlipBoyFlipBoy Posts: 72
    Kabam couldn't think of anything better to include in those crystals. The game is full of bugs, glitches, horrible AI behaviors and this pathetic crystal is what they can come up with. I find it funny that the only thing that is always flawless and glitch free are those deals that require real money. How convenient that anything which lines kabam's pockets with money runs smoothly. They really make sure that they can take players money without any trouble but gives players back with a pathetic and trashy iso crystal.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    FlipBoy said:

Kabam couldn't think of anything better to include in those crystals. The game is full of bugs, glitches, horrible AI behaviors and this pathetic crystal is what they can come up with. I find it funny that the only thing that is always flawless and glitch free are those deals that require real money. How convenient that anything which lines kabam's pockets with money runs smoothly. They really make sure that they can take players money without any trouble but gives players back with a pathetic and trashy iso crystal.

So with people sitting on literal millions of Shards, would you prefer they add items that will break the game more because there are issues? That doesn't seem to make sense at all.
    They're never going to pop out hoards of high-value Items. The changes give people something they can use. The Shards come everyday. They're limited for a reason.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Rohith21 said:

Rohith21 said:

Rohith21 said:

You lost me with the second line.
  • Options
    @GroundedWisdom
    Yeah how about 7* awakening gems, 7* Sig stones, 6* Sig stones, more units, revives, stuff that players will love and maybe the game will be appealing again.
  • Options
    Kabam always neglects the players. They don't give what players want. I mean release 6* Quake and Magik already for God's sake.
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,250 ★★★★
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,457 ★★★★
    The way Kabam constantly fumbles in a consistent manner needs to be studied