Finally got it done before Week 2 of Winter of Woe

ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,896 ★★★★★
With so much happening in the game, I've been stressing about getting Necropolis done so that my resources don't have to be split between different challenges. Now I finally got it done. 100% explored, baby!

The first half was rough, not gonna lie, but the second half of the path went amazing. My best run by far. I was surprised by how well it went vs Elsa. It took a few revives but it still felt really good. The feeling persisted against Purgatory, but it was when I reached Quicksilver and Sandman that things really got crazy. Both went down with the help of a single revive, which surprised me to no end since Aegon is normally a massive revive drain. I also normally hate fighting Quicksilver and I've had trouble with that Sandman in the past, but both played ball with me as if that was their very meaning in life.

Spidey Supreme was more annoying because I got one of those minor champions that give you a buff if you defeat them right before him. That doesn't sound like a bad thing but the buff would have been wasted on Spidey so I saved my Aegon for Shocker. This meant that I mostly fought Spidey with my support champions, most of whom were neither ranked nor expected to take on fights. Luckily I had an r3 Wiccan. I was a little worried that he wouldn't work since neutralize has a tendency to screw you over when you need buffs to trigger on you, but it worked out relatively well.

After that fight, though, things quickly turned around for the better. I would have defeated Knull in a single revive with Wiccan if Knull's Vengeance charges hadn't ticked over into that annoying root mode when he was at 5% health. He rooted me and threw an SP2 that I only partially managed to dex before i accidentally blocked a couple of hits and got KO'd, resulting in me having to use a second revive for those last pesky 5%. But after that, my decision to save Aegon for Shocker paid off. Two revives used there as well.

It took a few revives against the Grandmaster as well, but Aegon flew through the initial phases like there was no tomorrow. The Grandmaster was also kind enough to let me wail at him in the corner when he at one time reached an SP3. Luckily he didn't throw it, instead being very patient with me spamming heavy attacks in the corner. With a fully ramped Aegon with recoil masteries and a full set of boosts, that took off maybe 20% of the GM's health before he wised up and eventually fired his SP3. Still, not bad.

And eventually...that was it. A shiny new portrait, some rank-up resources, and two 7* Hulks. One Maestro and one OG Hulk from the selector.

Oh, and one new Titan crystal. Will this be the one that breaks my streak of pulling old champions? Will I finally get a new one that I can play with?

Turns out, no. This was very disappointing. If it had been a first-time pull of Jabari I would at least have been happy because of the Carina's Challenge, but a dupe? Literally one of my least-wanted pulls from an amazing crystal.

Oh well.

At least it's done. I'm happy with that.

Now I just need to decide who to r3.

Comments

• pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,947 Guardian
    Congrats!!! Who are you ranking for valiant?
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,328 ★★★★★
    Awesome work! I love that Elsa fight, I think it might be one of my favorites in the whole game. Would love to see Kabam do more with that kind of mechanic.
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,896 ★★★★★

Congrats!!! Who are you ranking for valiant?

I've already been Valiant for a while now. I have Vox and Wiccan at r3. As for who I'll rank up next, I'm not sure. I had hoped to get someone good from the Titan crystal, but that clearly didn't happen. :neutral: I'm not so staunchly against Jabari as some other players are, but I'm not r3'ing her.

Chavez is an option but that would leave me with two mystic r3s and I'd rather spread it out. Maybe Shuri, maybe OG Hulk. Or maybe just some super annoying defender. R3 Sam Wilson, haha? Who knows.
    Wicket329 said:

Awesome work! I love that Elsa fight, I think it might be one of my favorites in the whole game. Would love to see Kabam do more with that kind of mechanic.

I...just brute forced my way through it. No finesse whatsoever, I'm afraid. I tried once but I was on such an Aegon roll by then that it didn't seem worthwhile when I could just bullrush her while unblockable. *blushes*
  • Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Member Posts: 1,709 ★★★★
    Congrats on 100% completion. The titan pull wasn't necessary the best pull. from what I hear you won't be using her for the Carina's challenge, she's only there for her synergy with Tigra. Without it you can't do damage to Warlock.

• Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Member Posts: 1,709 ★★★★
    There you go, She is useful so rank her up.
    Yeah, I know. I reckon she's also the better champion to defeat Dormammu with, and possibly Modok. I'd been wondering if I should r2 her. I do see a certain value in her, I just find her a bit clunky to play.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,864 ★★★★★
    Ercarret said:

Yeah, I know. I reckon she's also the better champion to defeat Dormammu with, and possibly Modok. I'd been wondering if I should r2 her. I do see a certain value in her, I just find her a bit clunky to play.

Definitely better for Modok:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/360748/super-helpful-tip-for-tigra-carinas-modok
    Yeah, I figured as much. Thanks for the link.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,117 ★★★★★
    Congrats. Finally you got it done.

Wait until the calendar ends, to see if you pull a black cat from the 7* romance crystal. Ik she's your fav champ and She is amazing at r3. If not, then go with hulk as you picked him.

I pulled jabari from titan as well, highly disappointed. She has her uses, but not worthy to pull from a titan crystal.
    Yeah, I'm in no immediate hurry to rank 3 anyone yet. Most of my foreseeable rank-ups are going to be focused on the new Carina's anyway.

I've got both the crystal you mentioned and I'm also close to a new Loyalty crystal, so I've got two chances at Black Cat relatively soon. Fingers crossed!
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Member Posts: 2,147 ★★★★
    Well done. I'm completely with you on that aegon "fun" train. Once he's at 999, the number of times you can just keep hitting, even while getting hit and chip off 2m in health on one 20% revive, is funny.

Had your sp3 scenario on the GM on all 4 of my end runs. So deliciously, cheesily satisfying when it happens.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,079 ★★★★★
    Bahh gawd, he pulled another Jabari 💀