Options

Winter of Woe Community Chat [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,746 ★★★★★

Can we open gifting just for @GroundedWisdom ?

I know I sound a bit dramatic over one Fight, but it hasn't been an experience I want to repeat anytime soon. :/
    Justice for GW's units and revive stash!

On a serious note you're not alone, I absolutely hated that fight so much. I boosted up, went in with Sandman, soloed and left just as fast, I really don't want to do that and I've no idea how they plan on addressing that regen. Even if they somehow do address it properly, what about the rest of the bs nodes? The unstoppable brute force combination is possibly the worst node combination in the entire game and nobody can change my mind (I think lol).
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,119 ★★★★★

I know I sound a bit dramatic over one Fight, but it hasn't been an experience I want to repeat anytime soon. :/
    I know I'm used to giving you ****; but I feel legit empathy for you. My runs weren't great used more revives than I wanted too; but thats not even the point. The ammount of energy refills you must have gone thru trying is just not right...
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,563 ★★★★
    @ItsClobberinTime Why are you jailed?
  • Options
    EdisonLaw said:

@ItsClobberinTime Why are you jailed?

Because I said some unsavory things about a certain character that's always trying to get me banned on the forums... This time however I deserve it lol.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,496 ★★★★★

• Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 861 ★★★★
    I just brute forced it with a 6* r4 hulk.
    Took about 8 revives and I force quit if he threw an sp1 or sp2 before I could stun lock him.

Not even going to try sinister 6 (no ranked up
    Sandman) or robot. Too much going on in game to spend time and resources on something that simply isn’t enjoyable.

Thinking back to previous iterations of this type of event. There were some great fights, for example Rogue, Emma Frost. They were challenging and rewarding when you eventually perfected them.

Agree with most of the complaints in this thread.
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 870 ★★★★★
    @GroundedWisdom - I am like you… spent numerous energy refills, boosts, revives, etc…. Trying various champs. All for nothing.

And like you… it’s basically zapped all desire for me to play the game. You can’t sell it as “optional” content when you
    1) lock the reward needed for a year long event(that you have already completed partially) behind these smallest window possible for paragon. I also already have deathless guilly. Got all the 7* pieces through content.
    2) That KG piece is arguably the most valuable thing in any of the objectives for paragon. Remove that piece and the reward vs cost just disappears with limited milestones attainable.

So it’s optional in that you aren’t banned from the game I guess… but just take a couple months off until 8.4 is the message I am getting…. Because until then, no new content is for us to play per Kabam. And all because they rolled out a ridiculously overturned fight that they even admit they will have to tone down later. It’s garbage.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,330 ★★★★★
    Thank God it's Wednesday. That horrible Fight will be gone and I don't have to see it anymore.
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    I did it with She Hulk finally with 2 revives, got so unlucky with the AI suddenly and got him from 30% to 50% again, so a couple revives after I managed to defeat him, but yeah, this was absurdly hard to be honest, the only fight I remember this annoying was The Champion the first time and only time I fought him.
  • Options
    FinalfurykFinalfuryk Posts: 212 ★★
    Managed to bang out the robot objective on both my primary and secondary account. I'm hoping it'll be worth it to not have to do the gauntlet at the end an extra time.
  • Options
    gage201205gage201205 Posts: 576 ★★★

Thank God it's Wednesday. That horrible Fight will be gone and I don't have to see it anymore.

Lol we all know we will it see it again unfortunately. Hopefully it will be nerfed slightly
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,129 ★★★
    edited February 21
    With 3 hrs left, still couldn't get a good She Hulk rotation going and wanted to save energy refills for the coming weeks, so just decided to 6r3 Hulk it. Wasn’t pretty, but 9 revives got it done. 4/4 points going into the Nebula fight now 🤙🏻

On a side note, this daily opening made up for a crappy fight, (first time awakening on what’s arguably my best next r3 option):

• Options
    EgyptOverseerEgyptOverseer Posts: 252
    edited February 21
    Grub88 said:

Assuming the next fight is Nebula what nodes could make her worse than abs man fight?

• Immune to stun (so her healing can't be stopped)
    • Increase healing effects by 1000%
    • Healing can't be reversed
    Oh, and she continuously gains charges per hit received and places passive shocks for every charge gained. Anyone immune to shock receives equivalent direct damage. She also becomes unblockable above 5 charges and only loses charges if she uses an SP3.

What is crazy is that the current design of WoW makes the above plausible. After all, Kabam doesn't consider the time we spend in game valuable or a resource in itself...
  • Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 805 ★★★
    I'm ngl. I will dump revives into almost anything. But the robot challenge was so dumb I'm actually gunna take the hit right upfront. His constant regen just negated the little damage I was doing. Unless you have constant heal block I just can't see doing this with a r1 7* robot. And I'm not using rank up material for one lopsided fight
  • Options
    edited February 21
    Okay so Nebula doesn't actually look too bad, fight looks easily soloable with Hulkling or Vox.

Edit: objectives don't look too bad either, Valk for the #God and #Metal one, Shocker for the #Size:M and #Offensive:Burst one though I'll probably use Silver Surfer for that one.
  • Options
    edited February 21

Okay so Nebula doesn't actually look too bad, fight looks easily soloable with Hulkling or Vox.

Edit: objectives don't look too bad either, Valk for the #God and #Metal one, Shocker for the #Size:M and #Offensive:Burst one though I'll probably use Silver Surfer for that one.

I dont think Valk play style is really great for Nebula though.. you really wanna be hitting into her block while she charges shocks? 1 slip and its byebye lol
  • Options

I dont think Valk play style is really great for Nebula though.. you really wanna be hitting into her block while she charges shocks? 1 slip and its byebye lol
    Just don't hit on her block during shock phase lol I don't think it's a big deal.
    I just did the first objective with no boosts:

I'll try Valk right now.
  • Options

Just don't hit on her block during shock phase lol I don't think it's a big deal.

I'll try Valk right now.
    Is it still 10 energy? Can't check myself atm lol
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,330 ★★★★★

I'll try Valk right now.
    Yep.
  • Options

I'll try Valk right now.
    Yep.
    🙄 Thanks
  • Options
    Pure35Pure35 Posts: 67
    Did anyone get the bonus point they said we would get after part 1 is over?
  • Options
    Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 835 ★★★★

Odin covers 2 objectives
    #god and #metal
    #Size: M and #Offensive: Burst
    Odin also has 90% shock reduction and his sp1 can bypass autoblock

Lot of shock immune options for
    High Sig Crossbones for
    #carinas challengers
  • Options
    Nope did not receive the extra point yet either.
  • Options
    Silhouette1742Silhouette1742 Posts: 19
    I just finished doing the robot objective and I only got one point for some reason. Why is this?
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,862 ★★★★★

Odin covers 2 objectives
    #god and #metal

High Sig Crossbones for
    #carinas challengers
    This gonna be an easy week for me if that's the case... gonna go in with my R3 Odin and clean up.
  • Options
    Silhouette1742Silhouette1742 Posts: 19
    Up until the update today. Both the abs man quest and objectives were showing that they would expire tomorrow.
  • Options
    Pure35 said:

Did anyone get the bonus point they said we would get after part 1 is over?

I just finished doing the robot objective and I only got one point for some reason. Why is this?

• Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,129 ★★★

Odin covers 2 objectives
    #god and #metal

High Sig Crossbones for
    #carinas challengers
    This gonna be an easy week for me if that's the case... gonna go in with my R3 Odin and clean up.
    Odin is Large not Medium, so you'll still need to do all 3 objectives.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,953 ★★★★★
    Guys hear me out, Gambit works insanely good for offensive burst + size : m mission.
    He gets a lot of prowess buffs, and flat jacket lets you block a lot.

Just play defensively and go for sp3, Sp3 gives no power to nebula and reverse her regen, and you get free 5 seconds stun.

Got it done in 4 revives, I got clipped by nebula while she's unblockable and I am rooted, that's how I died all 4 times, If you can manage that, Gambit can easily solo her.

Pair with a 5*/6* Gambit relic for increased damage. I used a 7* r1 Gambit with 6* unduped gambit relic.

Honestly I'm happy that this one is actually fun and lets us use underrated champs ❤️