**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

What do you think is the Worst Game Mode in MCoC?

PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,995 ★★★★★
edited February 23 in General Discussion
I normally dont vote on my own polls , but this one is just a braindead one imo. If RNG puts one bad mystic defender with stacked anti buff nodes (I’ve noticed the game has a ton of them once youre past z20) and there goes your z25 run

Also keep in mind that the revives in Incursions are paywall gated behind units , so if you die not only do you have to spend a ton for revives, but potions too since the revives are so mediocre.

Just blows my mind how Kabam hasn’t revamped it yet given how its so RNG based. You also kind of have no choice but to do it now if youre going for 7* masa/sparky and don’t have Mojo as a 7*

What do you think is the Worst Game Mode in MCoC? 95 votes

Incursions
45%
SligKeltanTortoigAzKicker316Foxhero007SamdroxtaarBulmktLiquidkoldLittle_Crocodili29djr17OpandemonioJustcause102Calwooddaddycaptain_rogersPowerofpain1001Ewell65SSS69Heroesforhire18_PolygonErcarretCarracho01 43 votes
Arena
54%
DrZolaBendyWorld EaterVegeta9001WardenclockSupermanojLegendboy2411SavageBreaker69Sagacious0wlKnordyKC4lifeMilan1405ItsClobberinTimeCdjcdkjIronman3000xLunatiXxGogiBeastDadCharlie21540Ferahgo 52 votes

Comments

• Options
    TheShinyDomeTheShinyDome Posts: 185 ★★
    Arena
    Incursions often suck. But if you get the right hacks and have a fully ramped herald herc with a power boost it's a ton of fun nuking down fights in 30s. Even using champs who aren't herc with some luck you can create some insane gameplay that is a ton of fun.

I've never had fun in arena.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,995 ★★★★★
    Incursions

Incursions often suck. But if you get the right hacks and have a fully ramped herald herc with a power boost it's a ton of fun nuking down fights in 30s. Even using champs who aren't herc with some luck you can create some insane gameplay that is a ton of fun.

But at least Arena can't dissapoint you like this lol.

The Fintech Carina Challenge being *for the most part* gated behind a 7* mojo also makes it hard not to pick it over Arena, as essentially you have no choice but to keep grinding Incursions, whereas Arena you can just simply skip it without missing out
  • Options
    GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Posts: 662 ★★★
    Batleground 👻
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,597 ★★★★
    Incursions
    Incursions is too long - level 6 is 25 rooms - who has all day for that?
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,760 ★★★★★
    edited February 23
    Arena
    I loved arena once. For nearly two years, I don’t think I missed a single 4* basic and used it to grow my roster so that arena became an easy source for units and champs.

Arena now feels like Sisyphus rolling his rock but with even less reward. The top rarity in game is unobtainable via arena, and the second highest iteration of a new champ can be purchased in many cases as soon as it is released. Even the top shard rarity is unavailable in arena—milestones award GMC shards and finishing outside the top 400 yields just 30% of a 6* crystal (plus a 5*!).

Add things like outdated catalyst arenas and you have a mode that’s mainly good for gold, BCs and units—and thumb arthritis.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,405 ★★★★★
    Bulmkt said:

Incursions is too long - level 6 is 25 rooms - who has all day for that?

u dont need to do it all day u can sperd it over 4 days do belive max 5 days
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,529 ★★★★★
    Both those game modes are great. Arena you can play casually at your own pace for virtually unlimited units, limited only by the number of hours in a day and extremely easy access to every brand new 6* in the game for free.

Incursion is also great. Not true endgame materials as there is no t4 alpha. But a monthly repeatable quest that gives great rewards for 2 to 2 and a half hours depending on hacks rng and at most a few hundred units but usually zero, and a 7* every two months is really good.
  • Options
    TheShinyDomeTheShinyDome Posts: 185 ★★
    Arena
    Polygon said:

But at least Arena can't dissapoint you like this lol.

The Fintech Carina Challenge being *for the most part* gated behind a 7* mojo also makes it hard not to pick it over Arena, as essentially you have no choice but to keep grinding Incursions, whereas Arena you can just simply skip it without missing out
    I'm skipping the rest of Carinas after completing Lags challenges. I'm fine with that.

You miss out on a lot of units by not doing any arena. I'd much rather get them free in arena than pay for them.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,809 ★★★★★
    Incursions
    Incursions just take forever, especially if you're doing Sector 6 and you go for a full 25-room run.

Meanwhile, I find Arena a lot more chill. I guess it changes if you actively try to go for the champs on offer, but I just play it occasionally for units. It's braindead so I can play it while doing other stuff. I can't do that with Incursions since it's actually hard.
  • Options
    N8buckeye08N8buckeye08 Posts: 97
    Arena
    I think incursions is a lot of fun, but I don’t have the right champs (only have Herc as 5 star) to go too deep in Sector 5 or 6. I like this special event where I can rack up incursion artifacts in Sectors 1-3. I just hate Sand with a vengeance… add her to the mystic champs and it can ruin a fun run quickly.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,646 ★★★★★
    Battlegrounds is noticeably absent from this poll. It has usurped both of these in terms of being bad over the past couple months. It desperately needs an update
  • Options
    Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★
    Arena
    I'd rather play battlegrounds than arena.
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 1,393 ★★★★
    Incursions
    It’s hella rng, it’s boring, it’s slow.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,646 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Battlegrounds is noticeably absent from this poll. It has usurped both of these in terms of being bad over the past couple months. It desperately needs an update

It used to be my favorite mode, but I too have found a monthly incursions run or a casual arena grind for milestones more enjoyable than the last 3 or 4 seasons of battlegrounds.
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,581 ★★★★★
    Arena
    All of the above
  • Options
    Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 544 ★★★
    Polygon said:

I normally dont vote on my own polls , but this one is just a braindead one imo. If RNG puts one bad mystic defender with stacked anti buff nodes (I’ve noticed the game has a ton of them once youre past z20) and there goes your z25 run

Also keep in mind that the revives in Incursions are paywall gated behind units , so if you die not only do you have to spend a ton for revives, but potions too since the revives are so mediocre.

Just blows my mind how Kabam hasn’t revamped it yet given how its so RNG based. You also kind of have no choice but to do it now if youre going for 7* masa/sparky and don’t have Mojo as a 7*

Neither of them just the vibranium 3-2 it's horrible to get into the circuit
  • Options
    ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    The one where you fight another champion. I like the menus though.
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    None of those lol, I would say probably AQ is the less enjoyable one
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    edited February 23
    I‘ve heard some bad stuff about raids… 😅

But honestly, I have just recently found some joy in Incursions… I don‘t ever spend units on incursion pots and revives, so my sector 6 runs don‘t go as far (never got beyond Zone 15)

But as others have said: It‘s just fun with the right champs. My Team is Herc, Aegon and Hulk… Aegon doing most of the fights, Herc as a backup and Hulk where stun-chain is the best option (works great against Dust).

Sometimes I go the extra mile with some pre-fights from Galan and Odin, often I don‘t bother…

My favorite Hack Combo:
    - Basic attacks grant armor up
    - While armor up, attacks grant stun
    - Medium combo enders inflict incinerate

Opponents are melting in seconds! 😅

(With the current 5-minute cooldown I restart my runs until the first Boss Hack gives one of the above…)

Also, there is a hack that grants 25% of a bar of power every time a fury is activated. Should be amazing with Aegon above 300 combo (provided opponent doesn‘t mess with the SP3 stun), but I never got to test that out…
  • Options
    Incursions
    Incursions for me arena is great but incursions i could never beat to the last level either the nodes get me or the revives cost too much units
  • Options
    Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,792 ★★★★★
    Arena…? Really…? The most FTP-friendly mode in the game and the most reliable source of units, which is the only thing that never depreciates, candidate for worst game mode?

Jealous much of those who have the time to invest in there?
  • Options
    It's definitely Battleground.Unfairness exists everywhere.The match system seems like a joke.
  • Options
    FinalfurykFinalfuryk Posts: 215 ★★
    Practice. Terrible.

Seriously though, I wish you could enable a few common nodes (safeguard, biohazard, etc) in practice. It would actually make it a useful training tool.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,644 ★★★★★
    Incursions

Practice. Terrible.

Seriously though, I wish you could enable a few common nodes (safeguard, biohazard, etc) in practice. It would actually make it a useful training tool.

Yeah finally someone said it.

We need practice modes for intercept, heavy and light intercept, Baiting specials and Most importantly

Let us pick a champ and allow us to practice their specials, in a conditioned enviornment where Enemy always have 1 or 2 bars of power and launches special non stop which deals no damage so you can practice dodging specials as long as you want.