**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Winter of Woe Community Chat [MERGED THREADS]

1171819202123»

Comments

• Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,297 ★★★★★

Okay so Nebula doesn't actually look too bad, fight looks easily soloable with Hulkling or Vox.

Edit: objectives don't look too bad either, Valk for the #God and #Metal one, Shocker for the #Size:M and #Offensive:Burst one though I'll probably use Silver Surfer for that one.

I dont think Valk play style is really great for Nebula though.. you really wanna be hitting into her block while she charges shocks? 1 slip and its byebye lol
    She can 100% solo

You just have to unlearn Valk basically lol cause yeah hitting on block is not possible 50% of the time but once you get the right strategy and your momentum going it's 100% soloable, I used one revive cause of a stupid mistake and I got rooted while she was unblockable.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,397 ★★★★

Okay so Nebula doesn't actually look too bad, fight looks easily soloable with Hulkling or Vox.

Edit: objectives don't look too bad either, Valk for the #God and #Metal one, Shocker for the #Size:M and #Offensive:Burst one though I'll probably use Silver Surfer for that one.

Odin covers 2 objectives
    #god and #metal
    #Size: M and #Offensive: Burst
    Odin also has 90% shock reduction and his sp1 can bypass autoblock

Lot of shock immune options for
    #Size: M and #Offensive: Burst
    High Sig Crossbones for
    #carinas challengers
    This gonna be an easy week for me if that's the case... gonna go in with my R3 Odin and clean up.
    Odin is Large not Medium, so you'll still need to do all 3 objectives.
    Yeah I realized he doesn't actually cover 2 once I went to check it out.

He does cover god and metal, but not the medium offensive burst.
  • Options
    Kappa2gKappa2g Posts: 267 ★★★
    Ok. Nebula is actually fun. Plenty of options and actually quite well designed.
    You basically want to find a way past the autoblock or be shock immune
  • Options
    MidnightKingMidnightKing Posts: 2
    Shep said:

Did Winter of Woe reset?

I don't know if this has been resolved, but I completed the fight with hulk and claimed my first tier rewards the first day. Now I checked back and it says I have 0 points? As far as I know I should have 3 including the robot challenge free point.
  • Options
    Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 743 ★★★

double objective
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

Even with the much easier fight, 10 energy is just garbage.

I have completed all three objectives and spent 40 energy and 5 expiring revives (only restarted God/Metal objective).
    It would be nice if the energy cost was lower, to make some additional fun runs.
    10 energy per try prevents that, preventing me also from spending more time engaging with this content and ultimately with the game.
    At least for me, the 10 energy requirement doesn’t work in any positive way.
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,052 ★★★★
    I had to waste a whole full 70 energy before I got the rhythm of the Nebula fight down with Angela, but then once I did, I one shot-ed her, R3 6* sig 101.

Scorpion was much harder for me as I'm just not an amazing player and the patterns and rhythm of that fight were way harder for me to manage. Probably used 4 or 5 revives but I'm 100% okay with that.

Got my first three points. Hoping for more fights like this.
  • Options
    WayntosWayntos Posts: 593 ★★
    WoW suggestion everyone keeps asking about the extra point one. How about as a gesture of understanding just give everyone one point, This won’t break the economy of the game. That way they can just send it out to everyone instead of go through hours/ weeks of data. Why! because first off Kabam admits week one was a little off and if it were toned down the regen a bit a few more people would have gotten the point. Second, energy issue of WoW as Kabam Crashed posted in a thread “So we settled on adding a substantial energy cost to the quests. It had to be something meaningful enough that getting knocked out would have consequences, but not so costly that players couldn’t retry the quest many times should they so choose to use their energy in that way.” Which is understandable it must have some cost but with a cost, something else must suffer. Normally I go through UC, Cav & TB event quest and of course there is the side quest which cost energy and I then work on progression of the story but with all the energy cost they suffer as I try to “practice” getting to understand the dynamics of the WoW fight which has a time limit and the nerf/lack of revives. Then do the additional challenges for the other points. I am trying for valiant but can’t do story (8.3) because all my energy and time is investing in get these points which I like. I understand this is end game content but with the slightest mistake “dropped input” you die “working as intended” lol. The game is losing it’s enjoyment factors with the overwhelming amount of things to do if you’re in a alliance. AW, AQ, Raids, Event, Side Quest & progression. It’s like a full-time job. Kabam, I think your headed in the right direction, on the right track but on the wrong train sometimes. Whales will whale, Community will complain & I just want to have fun. It’s game after all.

Grind on!
  • Options
    Silentkiller59Silentkiller59 Posts: 22
    Am I the only
    One using wong for burst objective?
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,250 ★★★★
    edited February 24

I'm disgusted. Every Energy Refill I had has been spent trying this Fight. The AI is absolutely ridiculous in this Fight. You get hit once and you're dead. You can't even use Revives with the majority of Champs because he heals. I've never gotten him past 80%. I'm seriously considering uninstalling the game after 9 years. It's just not right. I'm disappointed that this was left as it is, and people are running themselves into the ground trying. I've always done my best to see all sides of issues, but I can't find a singe redeeming quality about this. It's wrong on all levels.

Forget about the extra objective point and do what works for you. I used Void. He has class advantage so the degen won't be as strong, inflicts passive debuffs, Petrify stops the regen, and he's incinerate immune. I used a few revives, but he got it done.

• Options

I'm disgusted. Every Energy Refill I had has been spent trying this Fight. The AI is absolutely ridiculous in this Fight. You get hit once and you're dead. You can't even use Revives with the majority of Champs because he heals. I've never gotten him past 80%. I'm seriously considering uninstalling the game after 9 years. It's just not right. I'm disappointed that this was left as it is, and people are running themselves into the ground trying. I've always done my best to see all sides of issues, but I can't find a singe redeeming quality about this. It's wrong on all levels.

Forget about the extra objective point and do what works for you. I used Void. He has class advantage so the degen won't be as strong, inflicts passive debuffs, Petrify stops the regen, and he's incinerate immune. I used a few revives, but he got it done.

Uhhh the fight is gone lol
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★

At this point I think you're just trying to humble brag. Lol.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,537 ★★★★★
    please don't bring up that awful fight again
  • Options
    Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 929 ★★★★

please don't bring up that awful fight again

Unfortunately it'll be back at some point
  • Options
    I just cannot get this Silver Surfer going. He loses buffs too easy. It's possible I'm trying to get shock "buffs" too much.
  • Options

I just cannot get this Silver Surfer going. He loses buffs too easy. It's possible I'm trying to get shock "buffs" too much.

You can keep them up 100% of the time if you just wait for the power rate buff to expire and then throw heavy. Also, might wanna go for sp3 if you don't have a relic that can give you extra buffs like Thor one.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,688 ★★★★★
    6r3 Angela and 7r2 KM worked great for nebula, probably use moleman for the last one.

Much more sensible fight this week.
  • Options
    Deder80Deder80 Posts: 644 ★★★
    Question… and I apologize if this has been asked. Just not seeing.
    So I’m paragon and see 2 objectives. I was under the impression they took away the restriction for the valiant objective which means paragons should have access to a third one. Or did they all together take the 3rd objective away away for everyone? Can someone please clarify how this works and/or was only for the abs fight?
  • Options
    Deder80 said:

So I’m paragon and see 2 objectives. I was under the impression they took away the restriction for the valiant objective which means paragons should have access to a third one. Or did they all together take the 3rd objective away away for everyone? Can someone please clarify how this works and/or was only for the abs fight?

Read the banner
  • Options

You can keep them up 100% of the time if you just wait for the power rate buff to expire and then throw heavy. Also, might wanna go for sp3 if you don't have a relic that can give you extra buffs like Thor one.
    Thanks. Still too much to keep an eye on but I'll give it a shot.

Just another time Kabam has to choose a random icon to mean the same thing.
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,402 ★★★★★
    Jack2634 said:

double objective

I struggled with him. 😭
  • Options
    Deder80Deder80 Posts: 644 ★★★

Deder80 said:

Read the banner
    If I saw a banner I’d read. Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    Vipul9987Vipul9987 Posts: 93
    So as i assumed theres no changes for nodes on abs man still making it already a hell situation for players
  • Options
    Vipul9987Vipul9987 Posts: 93

Months ago kabam posted about ai issue getting resolved bit still i face ai problems opponent not throwing specials only thing in doing is dash back n hit on block n dash back and only thing that abs man in woe doing dash back block n dash back. Already this nodes on abs man were sooo messed up and now this AI too. What are you trying to do #kabam?