Options

I took Adam Warlock for a spin vs WoW Nebula

ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,783 ★★★★★
Now that I have the objectives done, I've been trying out different champions to see which ones work against Nebula. One of the best ones I've found is Adam Warlock. He absolutely smashes the fight since he's almost constantly unblockable.

There are some lulls in the fight when the Sovereignty counter ends and takes his unblockable buff with it (and at one time I accidentally block an attack, which also ends the counter and the unblockable), but overall this is one of the smoothest fights I've had against Nebula.

I just figured I'd share, in case he's useful later on in WoW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8LTuNPM2PY

Comments

• Options
    NEXTONNEXTON Posts: 566 ★★★
    Adam Warlock is extremely fun and hits like a truck. Definitely one of the better Cosmic champs.
  • Options
    TikkaMasalaTikkaMasala Posts: 112
    Damn. You made quick work of her. Def helps having a R3 Adam.

Has anyone tried using America Chavez for this fight?
  • Options
    NEXTON said:

Adam Warlock is extremely fun and hits like a truck. Definitely one of the better Cosmic champs.

Yep. I totally agree with people saying his playstyle is kind of stressful, but when things flow right, he feels amazing.

Damn. You made quick work of her. Def helps having a R3 Adam.

Has anyone tried using America Chavez for this fight?

He's only r2 and does that! I wasn't using any boosts either. His PI is just crazy high for some reason.

I don't think Chavez would work well, but we could always ask @DrZola. Yo, mate, you tried the fight with your r3 Chavez?
  • Options
    TikkaMasalaTikkaMasala Posts: 112

I don't think Chavez would work well, but we could always ask @DrZola. Yo, mate, you tried the fight with your r3 Chavez?

I tried her. It sucked. I wasn’t very patient in the fight. But the shock damage from hitting the auto block crushes her. Nebula just auto blocks on Chavez’s heavy attempts and the shocks pile up fast.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,558 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

The Banquet 7*’s were actually pretty useful so far in WoW…Adam, Shocker, Sandman.

Dr. Zola

I've been sensing a trend that Kabam is purposely creating fights that 7s can fulfill objectives.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,571 ★★★★★
    edited February 24

Haven’t but I’d go with any number of other champs before I used her. The lack of buffs would make auto block a bit of a pain, and I would want to drop heavies, to build her dimensions. Not saying it’s impossible, but if I can do it with a 6* R3 Angela, Howard and Icarus then why bother?

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    rcm2017rcm2017 Posts: 576 ★★★
    I tried my R3 7* chavez @Ercarret @TikkaMasala @DrZola didnt work for me. Its constantly auto block auto block...can try the same strategy of scorp but like scorp she isnt shock immune so its a pain...
  • Options
    rcm2017rcm2017 Posts: 576 ★★★
    I used r4 angela and r3 ikaris for the objectives. Ikaris for me was easier than silver surfer as he gets those buffs even hitting in to block and places energy vulnerability on nebula...
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 810 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

The Banquet 7*’s were actually pretty useful so far in WoW…Adam, Shocker, Sandman.

Dr. Zola

So you are saying there may come a day when I find a purpose for Moondragon?
  • Options

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

WoW Gauntlet solo, let's go!
  • Options
    o_oo_o Posts: 834 ★★★★
    rcm2017 said:

I used r4 angela and r3 ikaris for the objectives. Ikaris for me was easier than silver surfer as he gets those buffs even hitting in to block and places energy vulnerability on nebula...

Agreed re Ikaris… mine is only 6* r2 and he did it in one go. Long fight but safe

• Options
    SchnoodleSchnoodle Posts: 137 ★★
    If you just want completion, no objectives, hulking works a treat. Shock immune, unblockable and many buffs.
  • Options

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

I didn’t go that far 😝

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,740 ★★★★
    edited February 24
    @Ercarret he is shock immune when coming out of the pod. You can end the fight much quicker if you did this. I managed 76 secs with him.
    https://youtu.be/oEw37R-VtZI?si=6DPiE8vwmwRXK95p
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,740 ★★★★
    edited February 24

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

In one of the EQ month, i used her to down 5 of the 6 bosses in paragauntlet run She nearly solo the final boss, else it'll be an itemless solo paragauntlet run for her.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,251 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

And Prof x? He is honestly good, but I just can't find aa use for him except when I need a mutant evade/miss counter. (And tbh he is tough to play imo).
  • Options

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

And Prof x? He is honestly good, but I just can't find aa use for him except when I need a mutant evade/miss counter. (And tbh he is tough to play imo).
    I think the players who play him well really love him. I was excited when he was introduced but I find his playstyle somewhat awkward—that’s a me problem, not a Prof problem.

But there may be an opponent that requires prowess and/or punishes parry that lines up nicely with Prof.

Dr. Zola