**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Alliance War placement bug

On Tuesday my alliance (Sga-1) had a member leave the alliance due to emergency. We had a new player take his place and join well over 24 hours before the next placement phase but he was unable to place a defense. We sent in a ticket and support gave us nothing more than a 101 for new players guide on how to place defense and that a player must be in the alliance for 24 hours before being able to place. This cost us 5 defenders for last war. We chalked it up to not being in the ally early enough, but he is still unable to place for todays war after multiple days of being in the ally. We even tried leaving and rejoining the alliance but still no dice. Unsure if raids is the cause due to the original player joining the raids week or what is the reason behind the bug but this is ruining our chance of placing In The top 10 in alliance war. Being down a player for the final stretch of 3 wars is a death sentence where every death matters.

Comments

• Options
    Nicoya24Nicoya24 Posts: 38
    Here are the screen shots of the member in his native language that shows he cannot join our battle group and the button to join is missing. I am the current leader of SGA-1. This puts us at a clear disadvantaged to anyone we face this war and the last one before the war season ends. This will be a total of 3 impacted wars where we had a member in the alliance but could not participate any in war.

• Options
    There seems to be another post with other alliances/individuals who were impacted by a similiar issue.

• Options
    MisoMiso Posts: 2
    This seems to be pretty large bug that is greatly affecting many alliances especially with only a few remaining wars
  • Options
    adegokefuad1adegokefuad1 Posts: 7
    Kabam's sh*t at it again!
  • Options
    BettaLucNxtTimeBettaLucNxtTime Posts: 158 ★★
  • Options
    ChrisAfterdarkChrisAfterdark Posts: 11
    edited February 24

Got the same thing going on in my alliance. Got a new guy in my alliance after one of my guys randomly left with our 3 last AW’s of the season (figures). He sent me the screenshots showing me his issue. In order to enter the AW to just do the attack phase he has to use like a back door route by going to Spectate BG2 and then clicking BG1 after viewing BG2. Still can’t place AW defenders either. It’s a well known bug now so hopefully they’ll compensate.
  • Options

• Options
    The_B0BThe_B0B Posts: 10
    I have 2 guys that can’t join either…. 1 was able to join attack last war and still can’t place for this war.
  • Options
  • Options
    You said this was last Tuesday.
    By now, those new people might be able to place defenders.
    Which should apply for the next war starting on Sunday.
    They probably have already been able to join in Attack this past war (?)

Seems like it's just been taking a complete war+ or 2 before things automatically settle down (between still being in previous Ally, your own still being in your own even after leaving, and then finally all being available and have the spot open to place in).

If you’re asking for compensation for wars in which you didn’t have complete defense, that's not gonna happen. There have been LOTS of alliances that have to wait it out as well, ever since Persistent Placement was added to game.
  • Options
    They still can’t place… Tuesday PST there is no war it’s the break phase. The player joined then (approx 30 hours before war started) and couldn’t place then, and still couldn’t place for this last war. (Which is now 2 wars) this has never happened in the history of mcoc where you are unable to place defense despite being in the ally for multiple days. Compensation is a pipe dream bc kabam doesn’t care enough about us for that, but acknowledging their mess up is the least they can do. This basically ended our chances at top 10 masters which is lame but I don’t expect anything for it. Multiple people have said they are having the same issue so it’s a huge problem. My guess is it has to do with raids where the game is mistakenly locking defense up if you weren’t there when raids started which would be a bug. @SummonerNR
  • Options

You said this was last Tuesday.
    By now, those new people might be able to place defenders.
    Which should apply for the next war starting on Sunday.
    They probably have already been able to join in Attack this past war (?)

Seems like it's just been taking a complete war+ or 2 before things automatically settle down (between still being in previous Ally, your own still being in your own even after leaving, and then finally all being available and have the spot open to place in).

If you’re asking for compensation for wars in which you didn’t have complete defense, that's not gonna happen. There have been LOTS of alliances that have to wait it out as well, ever since Persistent Placement was added to game.

Not Tuesday of last week. Tuesday of the 20th of February. There is no reason they shouldn’t allow a new member to place if they have joined before matchmaking. It has never been any different since war has been a game mode.
  • Options
    Yeah I don’t know what’s going to happen. They told my new alliance member that they’re going to close his ticket but to keep checking this forum for more info about this bug but I haven’t seen anything and I keep checking daily. This puts my alliance at a huge disadvantage for this AW we are in plus the last AW of the season but if I let this guy go and try to get someone else I’ll most likely be in the same boat so looks like my alliance is screwed any which way I go about this.
  • Options
    Yeah it’s ridiculous that it hasn’t even been brought up. I’ve seen a handful of posts and even more people say it’s affecting them as well. If we are right and its raids effecting it, it’ll be the same for the final war. Making the final 3 wars a disadvantage. My ally was fighting for top 10 and we are screwed. @ChrisAfterdark
  • Options
    I hate that my gut feeling is telling me that they will blame us the alliance for this particular issue.
  • Options
    DarthMysticDarthMystic Posts: 55
    Same is happening to a member of our alliance who joined on the off day between wars this last week.. Two wars now where they should have been eligible but can't place a defense.
  • Options
    @DarthMystic same exact situation for us.
  • Options
    GoonGoon Posts: 2
    Same issue in my Alliance. 2 wars in.
  • Options
    Oyz1965Oyz1965 Posts: 5
    Same here we have 2 guys that can’t join we will loose the aw by not having the 100 % completion
  • Options
    Oyz1965 said:

Same here we have 2 guys that can’t join we will loose the aw by not having the 100 % completion

You both above should send in a ticket and mention your alliance name and screen shot the alliance info or what the new members are seeing.
  • Options
    Goon said:

Same issue in my Alliance. 2 wars in.

You both above should send in a ticket and mention your alliance name and screen shot the alliance info or what the new members are seeing.

• Options
    NüΚΞNüΚΞ Posts: 114 ★★
    Just saw this after making my new post. I am having the same issue. I thought is was because of raids. I am hoping when raids ends I’ll be good to go. Word to the wise don’t switch alliance mid raids… 😭

• Options
    MegaBlitzerMegaBlitzer Posts: 5
    I recently joined an alliance about 5 days ago and been having this bug along with like 2 other guys that joined. I put in a ticket and was basically met with a response of well have you tried restarting your device and thats it.
  • Options
    ChuckD05ChuckD05 Posts: 173
    And last war today , still can’t join.
  • Options
    Here are other messages I received from support.