Options

Arenas need updating. Thoughts?

Any other grinders out there wondering when arenas will be updated?
We need:
- 7 star featured arena
- 7 star shards in the milestones
- Paragon arena crystals with increased gold
I am a little worried because they hinted in a livestream that they may be doing away with arenas. Saying that they could give out units in other areas of gameplay to make up for it. They said it in passing as if it were not for certain but as something they had considered. As a grinder I hope they update arenas instead to breathe some new life into it. Grinding for the top end champions at their highest rarity is what makes arena exciting for me. Would like to know other grinders thoughts. Has arena become stale?. What would you do to update it?

Comments

• Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,805 ★★★★★
    I'm absolutely sure those things will eventually happen. Just not anytime soon. 7* are still too new.
  • Options
    LeanbisonLeanbison Posts: 119 ★★
    Buttehrs said:

I'm absolutely sure those things will eventually happen. Just not anytime soon. 7* are still too new.

They are a year old now. Do you think this happens at the 2 year mark?
  • Options
    Disthene_TDisthene_T Posts: 30
    Really not an arena fan. One thought though is that they seem to want to keep 7 stars mostly out of the hands of thronebreaker and below. So any arena mode that includes 7 stars shards or champs would likely have to be progression locked to paragon+ or maybe just valiant.

Arena is kind of a dead mode though. Fights are easy and it is just a mindless grind. Milestones are nice for units but the amount of extra time investment for anything beyond is daunting.

They could tune the arena crystals a bit better. I think they offer similar gold/battleship rates to each other so you don't get that much more gold from a thronebreaker crystal than 5 uncollected one or 25 standard.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,228 ★★★★★
    Leanbison said:

Any other grinders out there wondering when arenas will be updated?
    We need:
    - 7 star featured arena
    - 7 star shards in the milestones
    - Paragon arena crystals with increased gold
    I am a little worried because they hinted in a livestream that they may be doing away with arenas. Saying that they could give out units in other areas of gameplay to make up for it. They said it in passing as if it were not for certain but as something they had considered. As a grinder I hope they update arenas instead to breathe some new life into it. Grinding for the top end champions at their highest rarity is what makes arena exciting for me. Would like to know other grinders thoughts. Has arena become stale?. What would you do to update it?

No no what’s there said was the unit not arean two different subject.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,805 ★★★★★
    Leanbison said:

Buttehrs said:

It took a long time for 6* to get an arena. And by then it was already pointless. So you do the math.
  • Options
    phil56201phil56201 Posts: 970 ★★★
    Leanbison said:

Buttehrs said:

It took 3 years for 5*s to get an arena. Same with 6*'s. 2 years seems optimistic.