**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why are new champs so broken

Kabam why have you made dust so stupidly broken, how can any champ do that much damage when on other side of the screen, surely she is not supposed to be that ridiculously OP, with virtually no counters. She is virtually impossible to get past in incursions and all my champs are dead without actually being hit which is ridiculous and she wasn't much fun in EQ either, is this the direction that all new champs will continue to go in or is it because I don't have an army of 7s at my disposal to use for content that is my downfall in the contest now?

Comments

• Options
    GogiGogi Posts: 443 ★★★
    SammyDe said:

Incinerate champs can counter dust. I used Wiccan in TB EQ and did alright. I still think Bullseye take the cake in the broken defender’s category. Another reason BG is going to be more painful when he is in the basic pool…

This ^
    Sunspot and Hyperion are other good counters.

• Options
    REMUS_BTLSCREMUS_BTLSC Posts: 4

Kabam why have you made dust so stupidly broken, how can any champ do that much damage when on other side of the screen, surely she is not supposed to be that ridiculously OP, with virtually no counters. She is virtually impossible to get past in incursions and all my champs are dead without actually being hit which is ridiculous and she wasn't much fun in EQ either, is this the direction that all new champs will continue to go in or is it because I don't have an army of 7s at my disposal to use for content that is my downfall in the contest now?

Personally I love it! I don’t know how far into the game progression you are, and if you are paragon or valiant this will be newb advice but personally I save up my 6* shards for when the next feature comes out so I can get whatever champ I’m aiming for. Sometimes it takes 1 crystal, sometimes 10, sometimes way more. However, I save up a lot very quickly in some simple ways.

1. 5* shards are easy to get, you can buy 1k for 90 trophy tokens in BG, i trade them in for 6* shards in the sigil store
    2. I also do the event quest every month for the top 2 difficulties.

I usually have 200-250k 6* shards when new feature drops.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,787 ★★★★★
    You should know by now this is how the game operates. Every once in a while we get a string of new difficult defenders with little or no counters. Then we get attackers/champs who can counters them later on. Then the cycle repeats. It's always been this way.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,035 ★★★★★
    Corkscrew said:

SammyDe said:

Incinerate champs can counter dust. I used Wiccan in TB EQ and did alright. I still think Bullseye take the cake in the broken defender’s category. Another reason BG is going to be more painful when he is in the basic pool…

Did you guys do a zone 25 push with Dust? Because she made this month way tougher than previous month's.

EQ fine bring a counter. But half the time she has cleanse or might charge in incursions. Not saying she's unbeatable just brings a ton of unavoidable damage where pots are at a premium in incursions.
    Yes, but at the same time incursions are a silly mode that exists on an island away from the rest of the game. A champion being an overpowered defender in incursions does not make them broken elsewhere. Like, Kabam has had to remove Mephisto and Void from the mode because they just have bad interactions with it. I imagine Dust will probably get the boot from it too.
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★★
    My problem is her sandstorm lags my device alot.
  • Options
    LightsAnimeLightsAnime Posts: 422 ★★
    Gogi said:

SammyDe said:

This ^
    Sunspot and Hyperion are other good counters.

Basically another take on Attuma, but instead of shocks removing his water stacks, you’re applying incinerates to remove Dust’s sand stacks. I guess Thing also fits in that category with his rock stacks removed by bleed. Like how this mechanic is being used more recently
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,949 ★★★★
    Kabam does this all the time. They release a new defender(s) every month that is really difficult to beat (remember Peni Parker and Mephisto when they first came out)? Then several months later they release a hard counter to that defender. Then they just repeat it over and over again
  • Options
    the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 348 ★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Kabam does this all the time. They release a new defender(s) every month that is really difficult to beat (remember Peni Parker and Mephisto when they first came out)? Then several months later they release a hard counter to that defender. Then they just repeat it over and over again

Anyone with a decent IQ can figure this out.
    Stressing on this fact a 100 times is not a solution to the type of champs that are coming out.
    Dust has a very limited amount of counters maybe 2-3.
    BS damage champs are increasing in number. Damage without them touching you or being close to you..how does that even make sense in a skill based game..with around 250+ champs.
    Only people who spend a ton will be able to get their hands on the counter that may relase 1-2 months from now. Until then we have to suffer by using pots and stuff. ( Not talking about even quest, with a full team it's perfectly doable)
    Talking about BG and incursions with other node combinations.
    Damage like Bullseye sp1 bleed without touching etc should not be a trend going forward..then this will again just end up being one of those games.
  • Options
    Trek26Trek26 Posts: 158 ★★
    Corkscrew said:

SammyDe said:

Did you guys do a zone 25 push with Dust? Because she made this month way tougher than previous month's.

EQ fine bring a counter. But half the time she has cleanse or might charge in incursions. Not saying she's unbeatable just brings a ton of unavoidable damage where pots are at a premium in incursions.

Just dust things in incursions
  • Options
    FeuerschwerFeuerschwer Posts: 313 ★★
    thing is normally Sandstorm can be avoided-you need to dex her L1, and not let too many sand debuffs build up, but it can be managed with skilled play. Like any champion or node that requires precise play, incursions can randomly make her extremely hard by stacking other nodes that make it hard to interact with her mechanics. But she isn’t ‘just bring incinerate, the character’, skilled play can usually avoid building too much sand.
  • Options
    Java_JunkieJava_Junkie Posts: 137
    complexity creep is a problem in game design, especially continually developing IP. you want new features, you explore new design areas, so you can keep progressing. honestly Kabam has done a fairly decent job considering we're getting how many champs a year? for how long?
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,483 ★★★★
    My humble opinion is they are trying to reset rosters without actually reseting rosters and causing spenders to spend more. The game has always evolved and once dominant champs usually fall by the wayside. This is just happening every month now.

By releasing such new strong champs that need counters that are other new strong champs... you need the new champs even more. Right now it's kind of ok. But among the best players even a 6*r5 ascended aa can lose a bg race. 7*r4 will pretty much be the end of 6*r5 ascended being usable at the top of competitive modes. Of course they will be fine in solo mode, but no one really cares about that.

There are a very few champs that are so good they will still be used like hulking but don't expect a 7*.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,949 ★★★★

EdisonLaw said:

Anyone with a decent IQ can figure this out.
    Stressing on this fact a 100 times is not a solution to the type of champs that are coming out.
    Dust has a very limited amount of counters maybe 2-3.
    BS damage champs are increasing in number. Damage without them touching you or being close to you..how does that even make sense in a skill based game..with around 250+ champs.
    Only people who spend a ton will be able to get their hands on the counter that may relase 1-2 months from now. Until then we have to suffer by using pots and stuff. ( Not talking about even quest, with a full team it's perfectly doable)
    Talking about BG and incursions with other node combinations.
    Damage like Bullseye sp1 bleed without touching etc should not be a trend going forward..then this will again just end up being one of those games.
    With the perfect counter you can deal with them easily. Like again with Peni Parker, most of the modern Cosmics counter her easily
  • Options
    Mystical_fury1Mystical_fury1 Posts: 23
    I fell better knowing my best champ is a r4 sunspot.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,994 ★★★★★
    I had to click into the thread to know which definition of broken we were talking about lol
  • Options
    AvnishAvnish Posts: 295 ★★
    I agree most new champions are good defender. It is good kabam releasing strong champion as defender and attacker in the game not like captain Britain, gladiator and many other useless defender they released last year..