Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Why is Cyclops (New Xavier School) tagged as a villian?

CyclopswasrightCyclopswasright Posts: 6
edited January 12 in General Discussion
Is it because he killed Xavier under the influence of the Phoenix force? Jean nuked a planet and she is tagged as a hero. Wolverine killed dozens while being controlled by various fractions and he also
has a hero tag.

Is it because he was willing to train Hope to use the Phoenix force, putting the entire world in danger? Well, that's what Avengers ended up doing and all of them have a hero tag.

Is it because he did some morally questionable things like forming the X-force? Well, Wolverine, X-23, Beast, and Xavier are all joining the chat with their hero tags.

Is it because he went against the Avengers multiple times to save the mutant race? Captain America went against half of them in Civil War.

Also, characters like Magik were on Cyclops side all the time during his revolutionary days, yet guess how she's tagged? Yep, a hero

Every single action this Cyclops did, every single move he made was ensuring his race survival during their darkest times, yet the audacity one must have to call this man a traitor and a villian is unbelievable. I get that making him the weakest mutant in the game is a clear sign you don't care much about him, but can you atleast respect him enough to tag him right for few of us Cyclops fans that still play this game?

#justiceforcyclops

Comments

• Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,484 ★★★
    Cyclops several time over publicly threatened, well, humans generally ic i recall
  • Options
    Also in black vortex
    , ronan went against the knee empire to help the xmen and gotg. Imo that is a one page redemption arc
  • Options
    Also he was willing to kill of an entire planet to save earth iirc in astonishing xmen. The whole team were. Beast, kitty, Emma, collosus etc
  • Options
    Oh wait I think they were bluffing. I dunno, its a long time since I read that comic. But even before he got ahold of the phoenix force, he wanted to use it for his races own good, despite knowing it could, and has tried to end worlds. His gf literally had it and died cuz of it and he was like ok lemme give it to this teen/young adult (I dunno hopes age) and hope that the world don't burn.. then the battle ensued where he killed prof x while under the influence of the phoenix. Now it could be said that while he was under the influence of the phoenix, he knew what could happen, seeing it happen first hand to his gf and still decided to go against the avengers, even one of his oldest friends logan and try and get hope to use the power for mutants. Its kinda his fault. No one made it happen except him and he could have rejected the phoenix or helped the avengers get rid of it in the first place. Also he kinda ruined young cyclops life cuz everyone hates him for what older cyclops did which was kinda unfair
  • Options
    Wait corvus isn't a villain and cyclops is...
  • Options
    LinkWink10LinkWink10 Posts: 7

Corvus is not a villain. He never was. He is a member of the Black Order.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,101 ★★★★★
    Milan1405 said:

The Black Order is a team of superVILLAINS. Pretty clear that he is definitely a villain, Kabam just didn't want to tag him as such when the blade trinity was running rampant already.
    Can we just let that conspiracy theory rest? If That was true, Why were Ghost, KM, Omega Red, Red Skull, Sentinel, Venom the Duck and Void all released in the same year? Not to mention that Symbiote Supreme was released and he is a Mystic champ.

In 2019 there were 5 more villains released and 2 more mystics. Blade was still very popular then as well.

I'm so tired of everyone saying this when there were so many other champs released that counter this ridiculous argument. They were released as the Black Order Because that's what they are. It's a theme for the team they belong to. 3 champions out of dozens does nothing for what Blade can do and not only that, he can still beat every single one of them.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Milan1405 said:

The Black Order is a team of superVILLAINS. Pretty clear that he is definitely a villain, Kabam just didn't want to tag him as such when the blade trinity was running rampant already.
    Can we just let that conspiracy theory rest? If That was true, Why were Ghost, KM, Omega Red, Red Skull, Sentinel, Venom the Duck and Void all released in the same year? Not to mention that Symbiote Supreme was released and he is a Mystic champ.

In 2019 there were 5 more villains released and 2 more mystics. Blade was still very popular then as well.

I'm so tired of everyone saying this when there were so many other champs released that counter this ridiculous argument. They were released as the Black Order Because that's what they are. It's a theme for the team they belong to. 3 champions out of dozens does nothing for what Blade can do and not only that, he can still beat every single one of them.
    I normally don't participate in threads that have been necroed, but this isn't a conspiracy theory. Just because there were villains released doesn't mean kabam didn't want to mitigate the amount of villains released. Corpus was designed to counter blade with his bleed resistance and whatnot. If you think kabam doesn't care about meta champions, then count the number of #metal champions released since magneto's buff and how many new champions have non-magnetic armor just so magneto doesn't sweep them.
    If it's never been confirmed by Kabam, it's a conspiracy.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,805 ★★★★★
    The characters in the black order themselves don't see themselves as villians. Just saying.
  • Options
    Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Your argument makes no sense. Being part of the Black Order and being a villain are not mutually exclusive. Hell, being part of the Black Order pretty much means you ARE a Villain.

Guess what, Hawkeye was released as an avenger because that's what he is. But he is also a hero. And correctly tagged as such.
    Thanks for completely ignoring the point I made.
  • Options
    FrostDeezAKAFrostDeezAKA Posts: 28

"The Black Order is a supervillain team appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics."
  • Options

No they aren't. They just aren't heros. They believe what they are doing is right.

That being said, wow...I didn't mean to bring a dead thread back to life with my comment. :D
  • Options

"The Black Order is a supervillain team appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics."
    I don't care... :D

Read the stories and learn from that...not Wikipedia's opinions.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,197 ★★★★★
    I have a doubt, why galan have neither hero nor villian tag? As per his bio, I do think he did a evil act unintentionally but realised it and became good, So he must be a hero right? Sorry I don't know his backstory I'm not a comic person.
  • Options

The game doesn't always directly reflect the comics now does it? Just ask Jean grey.
  • Options
    Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Milan1405 said:

Buttehrs said:

The characters in the black order themselves don't see themselves as villians. Just saying.

Yeah but that's hardly a fair criteria. Putin sees himself not as a villain, but as the saviour of ukraine...do you?
    This is NOT the place for that discussion
    I mean it's not a discussion. It simply illustrates my point that just because you don't see yourself as a villain, doesn't mean you aren't one. "The road to hell is paved with good intentions", after all.
  • Options
    edited February 28
    Milan1405 said:

@Demonzfyre Just because Kabam has not confirmed it, doesn't make it untrue. There is simply no good reason not to tag him as a villain.

Cool. Silver Centurion is the best champion in the game and you can't say he isn't. Because there's simply no good reason to say he isn't.
  • Options
    o_o said:

Pikolu said:

Milan1405 said:

I normally don't participate in threads that have been necroed, but this isn't a conspiracy theory. Just because there were villains released doesn't mean kabam didn't want to mitigate the amount of villains released. Corpus was designed to counter blade with his bleed resistance and whatnot. If you think kabam doesn't care about meta champions, then count the number of #metal champions released since magneto's buff and how many new champions have non-magnetic armor just so magneto doesn't sweep them.
    If it's never been confirmed by Kabam, it's a conspiracy.
    You've never been confirmed by Kabam, you're a conspiracy

Then why does everyone say I'm a Kabam employee 🤔🤔
  • Options
    Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★
    edited February 28

Milan1405 said:

@Demonzfyre Just because Kabam has not confirmed it, doesn't make it untrue. There is simply no good reason not to tag him as a villain.

Cool. Silver Centurion is the best champion in the game and you can't say he isn't. Because there's simply no good reason to say he isn't.
    You think you sound clever, but you don't though. My point is completely different from this. There IS a good reason to say Silver Centurion isn't the best champion in the game because he has less utility then the best champs, less damage and is less widely used than herc etc.

Therefore, in pretty much every conceivable, measurable way, silver centurion is not the best champion in the game.
  • Options
    Milan1405 said:

Buttehrs said:

Milan1405 said:

Buttehrs said:

Yeah but that's hardly a fair criteria. Putin sees himself not as a villain, but as the saviour of ukraine...do you?
    This is NOT the place for that discussion
    I mean it's not a discussion. It simply illustrates my point that just because you don't see yourself as a villain, doesn't mean you aren't one. "The road to hell is paved with good intentions", after all.
    It doesn't illustrate your point though. Your arguing a real life situation vs a fictional comic book world. In the comic book world, anything and everything can happen because an author deems it so. In real life, once a choice is made, there's usually almost no going back.
  • Options
    Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

You think you sound clever, but you don't though. My point is completely different from this. There IS a good reason to say Silver Centurion isn't the best champion in the game because he has less utility then the best champs, less damage and is less widely used than herc etc.

Therefore, in pretty much every conceivable, measurable way, silver centurion is not the best champion in the game.
    nope. I said its true so it is.