**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why battleground is so unattractive?

I would like to know your opinion on why battleground is so unattractive at the moment and why such a low part of the community access the gladiator path.
For me the main issues are in order:
- the way to obtain elderly marks since they removed them from the glory path. It leads to a slower or units use to complete the event.
- The players I face. Facing way to powerful opponents where the skill doesn’t matter anymore and just the size of the deck. Why not caping all champs to the same rank? For example a 7r2 having the stats of a 6r4 to have truly skill fights and not a rush to who will spend the most in order to be competitive.
- The cost of a fight. 15 energy is a lot when you have event quests/ side quests or challenges/ other quests to complete. If the cost of a fight was lower, I am sure more players would play the mode. Maybe reduce the cost by 33% or 66%. I’m sure it would increase the number of players and the number of players who reach the gladiatory path.
- The randomness of the draft. Sometimes it’s unpleasant to don’t have your “good” champions when your opponent having all the right counters. This point is very minor as I count it as the “randomness” of the fight. And it’s up to the player to use his brain to pick and select competitive champions in his deck.

To conclude, I really like the mode and its concept but i think it has room for improvement.
Ps: I know there is already a new coming shop for valiant but I’m not concerned (as I find my pleasure in the actual shop)

Comments

• Options
    ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 650 ★★★
    I have the roster and skill and knowledge of champs to be very competitive. Yet with all of that I can't stand bg.

It doesn't align with my way of playing. I will have game open 8+ hours a day do a fight break to hit go on my test bed then do a fight see results of my test rinse and repeat all day long. 10 full minutes uninterrupted is a tough ask for me.

I can't stand the nature of it regardless of that as bg is a Repetitive grind to me after all work out what the node is doing all decks look the same just here you go fight another domino or korg again and again till you can't stand it no more.

Maybe location specific to Australia maybe world wide as I can comment but weirdo ai bugs happen more in that game mode than anywhere else. I remember doing a combo mll go for next light but ai intercepted me before it landed. Also the amount of times I hit sp or relic and I'm still standing there so ai hits me is ridiculous. That damage there costs me a w.

All and all not enjoying the mode that I have to screw with my schedule to actually do and then losing to a bug means why play this mode.

Don't even get me started on the motivation killer all the 5 in a row cause to me I see that as 50 minutes of my time to do and there is absolutely no guarantee I'm not exactly where I started at the end of it.

Funniest bit of it all, the bg I did this season I had a 92% win rate, last season was 89% and season before was 94% (I deleted all my older results but I would assume about same) and I still hate it.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    You lost me at "Why not caping all champs to the same rank? For example a 7r2 having the stats of a 6r4"

I stopped reading after that.

Cause I definitely wanna bust my ass to R2 a 7* so it's the same as ranking a 6* to rank4... smh

If that's the case I'll just continue taking my 6* to r4+ 🤣🤣
  • Options
    SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    GrO_ot78 said:

How about making a "only 2* or 3*" BG season?!? 😱

They don't dare...what would all the Valiants do then, when they can't bully the paragon and thronebreaker accounts...and have to base their victories on knowledge and skills...and everyone competes on exactly the same terms 😱😱😱

🤭😂🤣😂🤣

dawg there's a reason why valiants are variants and you guys aren't...unless of course they just whaled necro completion and spent on cyber monday
  • Options
    MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,096 ★★★
    The up/down since they changed it up. Once you get to diamond 1 the 5 wins in a row gets old. The +2 -1 needs to come back. I was a lot more motivated even if I lost matches knowing that I didn’t have to sit and watch my efforts at 4 wins in vibranium go to **** unless I shelled out marks or units for victory shields.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,692 Guardian
    GrO_ot78 said:

They don't dare...what would all the Valiants do then, when they can't bully the paragon and thronebreaker accounts...and have to base their victories on knowledge and skills...and everyone competes on exactly the same terms 😱😱😱

🤭😂🤣😂🤣

Why do that only for Battlegrounds? Why not just make all the content like that?

While we are at it, why is having a stronger roster not competing on "exactly the same terms" but having more knowledge or skill is? Why is it fair if a more knowledgeable player beats up on an ignorant one, but it is unfair if a stronger roster player beats up on a weaker roster player? Who decides that knowledge is a fair advantage but roster is an unfair one?

I say that as someone who would love to see a game mode where knowledge was the determining factor on who wins and who loses. But one thing I've noticed in every online PvP game that I've ever played, is that there's always a faction of players who decides what fair and unfair advantages are, and has no self-awareness that these are totally arbitrary choices.

Also, I had a ball playing during the days of deck matching. Playing with a 4* deck is no different from playing with a 3* deck. The game can no longer distinguish between me and someone who started playing yesterday. While there are lots of Valiants that have no idea what they are doing, statistically speaking the average Valiant player knows way more than the average Uncollected player and has a far larger skill set, so pitting everyone with 3* decks and seeing who knows more about which champs are better for the meta and what strategies will work best to defeat certain champs is going to heavily favor the veterans.

The only difference between me defeating an Uncollected player with roster and me defeating an Uncollected player because I have several more years of experience against them is that it is less obvious to the Uncollected player that they had no chance whatsoever. I was averaging about 75% win rate all the way up to GC with a 4* deck. If playing with full roster is not "competing on exactly the same terms" then neither was this. It was just a different way of stacking the deck.
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,631 ★★★★
    Unpopular opinion, but I think this is just the way this gamemode has been designed. It's meant to be this high stakes struggle to the top for everyone, and the competition present is what's so fun about this gamemode. It's supposed to be a thrill, as you get more and more wins, and if you lose, too bad. I agree it's frustrating sometimes, but at the end of the day, it's just a game, and you shouldn't take it that seriously.
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,780 ★★★★
    Because maybe BG doesn't use makeup or cosmetics
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,251 ★★★★★
    Personally I find BGs too tedious. Having the Season reset after a 2 week break to then go on for a month is too much. A longer break will be much appreciated.
  • Options
    Rohith21Rohith21 Posts: 168 ★★
    Probably has something to do with how abysmal the solo event rewards look too. Comparing the rewards that were given out during the BG anniversary season (obviously not expecting that every season, unless...) to what we have now, just shows there's a big mismatch between the efforts being put and the rewards we get.
  • Options
    Nono_49Nono_49 Posts: 12
    edited February 29

You lost me at "Why not caping all champs to the same rank? For example a 7r2 having the stats of a 6r4"

Cause I definitely wanna bust my ass to R2 a 7* so it's the same as ranking a 6* to rank4... smh

Yeah so it’s not a skill based mode as pvp supposed to be and just about who spend the most to have the biggest champ. You can be all skilled you want but you would loose if you constantly fights opponent with 7*r2 while you have 6*r3. So the mode begins to be pay to win and not skill to win.
    And upping a 7r2 is not busting an ass rn. It’s just spending money on the game and offers.
  • Options
    KillSwitchKillSwitch Posts: 282 ★★★
    Lots of stress and time, all for very lackluster rewards
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    Nono_49 said:

Yeah so it’s not a skill based mode as pvp supposed to be and just about who spend the most to have the biggest champ. You can be all skilled you want but you would loose if you constantly fights opponent with 7*r2 while you have 6*r3. So the mode begins to be pay to win and not skill to win.
    And upping a 7r2 is not busting an ass rn. It’s just spending money on the game and offers.
    Dude, I'm a minimal spender, Valiant for about a month and aure as hell don't have all the fancy new champs.

I do just fine.

The only reason I'm not in GC every season is because I don't try to get to GC, because I don't care enough to get there.

I have a grand total of two 7r3, two 7r2, and 5 6r5, one of those being my Aegon in which is never in my bg's deck.

But yet, I end up in vibranium every season without pushing, because of skill, not my wallet that I rarely use on the game.

My big spend got my aegon to r5, which just meant necropolis didn't cost me as many revives as my r4 would have.

Had zero to do with bg's, and yet, I could get to GC every season if I cared enough to.

You wanna be at the top, then go get it.

Otherwise, stop whining.

• Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,392 ★★★★★
    GrO_ot78 said:

🤭😂🤣😂🤣

I always wonder what type of force stands in between TB players to reach Paragon 🤔
  • Options

Nono_49 said:

Dude, I'm a minimal spender, Valiant for about a month and aure as hell don't have all the fancy new champs.

I do just fine.

The only reason I'm not in GC every season is because I don't try to get to GC, because I don't care enough to get there.

I have a grand total of two 7r3, two 7r2, and 5 6r5, one of those being my Aegon in which is never in my bg's deck.

But yet, I end up in vibranium every season without pushing, because of skill, not my wallet that I rarely use on the game.

My big spend got my aegon to r5, which just meant necropolis didn't cost me as many revives as my r4 would have.

Had zero to do with bg's, and yet, I could get to GC every season if I cared enough to.

Otherwise, stop whining.

Nono_49 said:

I do just fine.

Otherwise, stop whining.

I alaways finish in the gc. I just think it’s not the most fair ways of making fights and was searching for improvement to make it fair to everyone. And I don’t whine
  • Options
    StatureStature Posts: 424 ★★★
    Nono_49 said:

That's a very biased view. People with champs at 7r2/7r3 have tackled the toughest content in the game and are at the highest progression. It's more likely that they are skilled and grind and spend money on the game. Anyway, the idea is not to rank players by skill alone but across all dimensions of the game and roster is a big part of the game.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,973 ★★★★
    The AI
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    Battleground not unattractive.
    Battleground funny with great personality.
  • Options
    Stature said:

Nono_49 said:

That's a very biased view. People with champs at 7r2/7r3 have tackled the toughest content in the game and are at the highest progression. It's more likely that they are skilled and grind and spend money on the game. Anyway, the idea is not to rank players by skill alone but across all dimensions of the game and roster is a big part of the game.
    But I am part of the players who achieved end game. The only thing that remains for me is the 100% of necropolis (I did half of it). I did all history all variants all special quests at 100% and there is still a big margin between me and whales. So spending money isn’t a skill, and having a big roster isn’t skill. It’s just a bit of luck and a lot of cristals opened or offers taken
  • Options
    A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 993 ★★★★
    I guess it's the season for this topic to be repeated, probably because it is a real issue

The issues:

- It's a freaking grind with the last 3 brackets from VC to GC being 5 victory tokens. You can get stuck in limbo pretty easily. Which will drastically lower the desire to play the mode.

- Sticking with the grind them. It is just too similar to arena. We are likely banning similar champs, facing similar champs and using similar champs every round.

- The rewards are simply dated at this point. The BG store is too expensive for most goods. The solo and alliance events are a joke at this point. I grind a whole season for 1 six star champ? Which is just really 7 star shards and iso.

- I personally have no desire to grind when I hit GC. I don't get anything for moving through the tiers and don't care enough to hope I can climb high enough.

- Kabam introducing so many champs that require a niche counter can make some decks just frustrating. Seeing decks with R5 ascended Bullseye and onslaught, coupled with the 7 star photon (but she gets smacked by kingpin) and attuma. There are still the bishops, korgs and things of the world that need specific counters or you time out. Dust on the horizon will make another champ that is just not fun to fight against.

- Kabam only updating a Valiant store is a slap in the face to a large part of their player base... and I say this as a valiant player. There have been multiple forum topics on the dated BG store and instead of actually addressing the problem... they come off as only caring about the highest progression level. (Then do the same thing with AW reward buff)... miss after miss