Options

Winter of Woe Points [comms]

Comments

• Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,248 ★★★★★
    i dont find it fair but i can se a few pargone who going to be happy abudt this
    but not fair in any way
  • Options
    FrydayFryday Posts: 710 ★★★
    Gamer said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hi Summoners,

The points sent in yesterday's in-game message were to remedy an issue that crept up early in Winter of Woe that resulted in our team taking down and relaunching the Solo Event. These points are to compensate the players who had points removed as a result. This is not for the #robot objective.

Due to a hiccup in our distribution, some players received more points than intended (one or two at max), however, most importantly, no one received fewer than intended. As a result, our team will not be taking any further action on this issue.

The "extra point" stemming from the #robot objective is still being worked on.

Additionally, to justify using data, I guess... we can't "just send everyone out one single point for the robot objective." because the point is being rewarded to Summoners who finished the fight, not everyone.

Thank you for your patience.

stil only 1 or 2 for a pargon would make them getting those more points great to heard I know it wasn’t intended but that’s a great news for pargon players who it might has happened to

Hi @Gamer

But based on @Bendy screenshoot, some of these extra (1 or 2) are not just going to Paragon players but also Valiant players too.

As Paragon players can only get the max total of 6 points right now if they have done all of their objectives (without any extra points), while Valiant players get the max of 8.

Your screenshoot show a player got 10 points, which I assume they are Valiant players with 8 points, and just got an extra 2.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,639 ★★★★★
    Fryday said:

Gamer said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hi Summoners,

The points sent in yesterday's in-game message were to remedy an issue that crept up early in Winter of Woe that resulted in our team taking down and relaunching the Solo Event. These points are to compensate the players who had points removed as a result. This is not for the #robot objective.

Due to a hiccup in our distribution, some players received more points than intended (one or two at max), however, most importantly, no one received fewer than intended. As a result, our team will not be taking any further action on this issue.

Additionally, to justify using data, I guess... we can't "just send everyone out one single point for the robot objective." because the point is being rewarded to Summoners who finished the fight, not everyone.

stil only 1 or 2 for a pargon would make them getting those more points great to heard I know it wasn’t intended but that’s a great news for pargon players who it might has happened to

Hi @Gamer

But based on @Bendy screenshoot, some of these extra (1 or 2) are not just going to Paragon players but also Valiant players too.

As Paragon players can only get the max total of 6 points right now if they have done all of their objectives (without any extra points), while Valiant players get the max of 8.

Your screenshoot show a player got 10 points, which I assume they are Valiant players with 8 points, and just got an extra 2.
    Yeah both me and the alliance mate is valiant and i didnt get anything even though i played at start like he did
  • Options
    Fryday said:

Gamer said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hi Summoners,

Hi @Gamer

yea somthing is wrong in there

• Options
    _Pez__Pez_ Posts: 217 ★★★
    Saying we are going to use data is a nice sentiment but need to actually demonstrate you have the team who understand data, can scrutinise the logic of fixes like this, and make things right in cases where it goes wrong. Not just we tried, we failed, ah well now people are at a disadvantage we could fix but can't be bothered to..
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,270 ★★★★★

Kabam Jax said:

Hi Summoners,

Certainly appreciate the response and clarification. However, I disagree with the logic. Why do you feel everyone benefitting from an extra point is worse than some people getting multiple extra points? Seems like the first option would be considered more "fair"
    Exact fairness isn't always an option when something goes wrong. There's a significant difference between one or two Players receiving extra, and everyone else in the game. Not to mention the effort in sending those out.
  • Options
    ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,171 ★★★★★
    edited February 29
    Solution: EVERYONE gets to be at 11 points if people that didn't finish the Abs Man fight are at 11 points, and ensure the points are properly awarded for the rest of the event.
  • Options

Kabam Jax said:

Hi Summoners,

Certainly appreciate the response and clarification. However, I disagree with the logic. Why do you feel everyone benefitting from an extra point is worse than some people getting multiple extra points? Seems like the first option would be considered more "fair"
    Exact fairness isn't always an option when something goes wrong. There's a significant difference between one or two Players receiving extra, and everyone else in the game. Not to mention the effort in sending those out.
    well tbh it would had ben better to giv everone one it at first now it tolate to do so
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,051 ★★★★★
    _Pez_ said:

So it's one of those cases where some people get an unfair advantage. It's really not difficult, query all people with more than 8 points now and set them to 8. Can't just keep giving random people significant advantage over others. If people can avoid doing 2 or 3 extra objectives in the final gauntlet run, that's a significant advantage.

Very cool that you’re familiar enough with Kabam’s systems to know how they do backend work and can tell them the easiest solutions that they didn’t think about.

Also, what significant advantage? I didn’t get any points out of this, but I’m still gonna end up with all the same rewards as the people who did. They may be able to skip an extra objective or two, but at the end of the day we get the same stuff. I may have to run the final quest once or twice more than them to do it, but I wouldn’t call that a “significant advantage,” and I wouldn’t want Kabam resources going to clawing those back when there are other areas that could benefit from their attention.
  • Options
    SuperChronaSuperChrona Posts: 296
    A query to find all the 9 points and above. Then set those points to 8. This basic computer science stuff that should be able to do with not much experience. Have a senior guy review before execute.
  • Options

Giving out free points to some in content this hard and with the rewards as good as they are is 100% garbage. Being able to drop an extra objective or two is a HUGE advantage. It has to be fixed Kambam,

agerd
    not fair
  • Options
    Doug555Doug555 Posts: 26
    Kabam Jax said:

Summoners STANDBY.

The team is looking into additional solutions to remedy the issue. Please keep in mind that we have limited resources and time (human capacity).

I'm not guaranteeing anything, just letting you know that things might change.

For sure Jax. Someone still waiting for 1 poor point, while another one got 3... what..
  • Options
    RebarkRebark Posts: 347 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Summoners STANDBY.

The team is looking into additional solutions to remedy the issue. Please keep in mind that we have limited resources and time (human capacity).

You could simply create a goal, for example:

Defeat Nebula with any champion

You would already give an extra point. Or better yet, instead of Nebula, for the following week's champion, this way, they would spend less time
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 772 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hi Summoners,

that makes sense conceptually, however why would that put some people at 10 points?

I could appreciate it might be easier to analyze if things weren't changing / it might be worth delaying the next run by a few days and make sure everything is right after this current boss fight is done.

While I in general salute those who did extra runs... If I am giving back ISO bricks due to a different mistake because keeping those would be too much of an advantage through no fault of my own.... letting players keep these point (through no fault o their own) would be 1000x more unfair / clawing back is unfortunately necessary before the "really juicy rewards" become available.
  • Options
    On the plus side, the robot point just came in for me so now 9 is the max should be able to be at
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Summoners STANDBY.

Cheers man, hope you doing good, must be hard right now for you guys, thanks for the good work!
  • Options
    O_Deadpool_OO_Deadpool_O Posts: 140 ★★
    I am paragon and I have received only one point as a compensation. Come on, Kabam, I saw KT1 video today where he got 3 POINTS!!! 3 Karl!!!
    Kabam, you literally made a gift for valiants to reach final and best milestone FOR FREE!!

Why not help paragon players to reach at least one more milestone that was not initially planned also FOR FREE???

WoW now is easier for valiants than for paragons. But it was announced to be harder for valiants.

This is the most kabammish thing I can imagine. How frustrating, disgusting and demotivating your actions are!!!
  • Options
    TheshadowpantherTheshadowpanther Posts: 18
    edited February 29
    Maybe just give everyone that finished it 2 points and add some killer rewards for 100% exploration at the end of the last map instead of one gold….
  • Options
    Kabam Jax said:

The team found a quick fix! Hooray for creative thinking!

Sorry for the false alarm everyone. Everybody should have the right number of points available.

Double apology from me, as I jumped the gun on the communication piece and the team never locked in the "leave it" plan. I prioritized timeliness over an abundance of vetting and confirmation. Sorry.

that nice there stil gain the reward but sin there progot get them either way
  • Options
    edited February 29
    Kabam Jax said:

Sorry for the false alarm everyone. Everybody should have the right number of points available.

Double apology from me, as I jumped the gun on the communication piece and the team never locked in the "leave it" plan. I prioritized timeliness over an abundance of vetting and confirmation. Sorry.

Does this mean that noone ingame right now has more than 9 points and noone would get to claim the 12 or 9 points milestones twice? And whatever fix was applied also applies to anyone who hasn't claimed their points sent yesterday?
  • Options
    KRANꓘKRANꓘ Posts: 141 ★★
    Seen this in a line chat.
    One or two max huh?
    Irritates me they give free ones out and I decided to push forward to do the robot objective.
    Why push forward in-game if there gonna mess up anyway?

DO BETTER KABAM

• Options
    CyporgCyporg Posts: 285 ★★
    Kabam Jax said:

How do some people have 11 or 12 points then?
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    edited February 29
    Kabam Jax said:

That's good, as those with 11 were one away from being able to claim the next string of rewards. Part of me feels that would've been harder to remedy after they'd been claimed.
  • Options
    What exactly does this mean?
  • Options
    DocWestDocWest Posts: 67
    Giving out free points to some people and not others is really gross. And I’m not talking about the robot point. The way this game handles stuff like this is so incredibly demoralizing
This discussion has been closed.