Options

Already SOL in Magic Heist Solo Event?

Looking at Magic Heist solo event, I have 5 points, and there are 17 days left in the event. I wasn’t really sure how I was getting the points, but now realize it is from these new special daily objectives that I thought were just for the raffle for a 7 star. There are only 2 of these each day, so my 5 points plus 17x2 = 39 points… 1 short of the final reward milestone, which is a very significant reward. Am I already SOL on being able to complete the event and achieve the 4-5 rank up gem? If so, why was this event created with such stringent constraints? I am sure I am not the only player who had no idea they needed to be sure to complete a few arenas matches every day. I saw the duration of the event and the arena and assumed I had the 20ish days to grind and complete everything for it.

Comments

• Options
    FolkvangrFolkvangr Posts: 90

Same thing has happened to me, I work nights and JUST missed finishing 1 fight for the day , Now im not getting that 4-5 rank up gem, Never felt so unmotivated to play again.

Max points are 42 and you get the gem at 40, so you can miss up to 2 objectives
  • Options
    ShatteredRageShatteredRage Posts: 4
    Folkvangr said:

Same thing has happened to me, I work nights and JUST missed finishing 1 fight for the day , Now im not getting that 4-5 rank up gem, Never felt so unmotivated to play again.

Oh! I must have miscalculated the points you get. Guess I better be extra careful and set alarms then.
  • Options
    CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★

Folkvangr said:

Oh! I must have miscalculated the points you get. Guess I better be extra careful and set alarms then.
    Don't read 2 objectives as two grace days.
    It's still the equivalent of one grace day because both objectives fill at 6 fights, so it's both or none on a single day.
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 863 ★★★
    All you need to do is 6 fights with at least 6 7 stars or 3 6 stars and 3 7 stars daily and you get your points
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 863 ★★★

All you need to do is 6 fights with at least 6 7 stars or 3 6 stars and 3 7 stars daily and you get your points

Agree it’s not difficult to do, but I didn’t know it needed to be done every day to get full rewards. If I had known, I would have done this. Now I’ve missed a couple days at the very beginning and am already SOL to get full rewards. I am sure many other players are in the same situation and also bet many who are don’t even know it yet. There will be more posts like this of disappointed players closer to the end of the event.

Unfortunately that's how the objectives are designed so it is what it is and always read the forum posts and announcements with great attention along with youtube videos
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,193 ★★★★

Looking at Magic Heist solo event, I have 5 points, and there are 17 days left in the event. I wasn’t really sure how I was getting the points, but now realize it is from these new special daily objectives that I thought were just for the raffle for a 7 star. There are only 2 of these each day, so my 5 points plus 17x2 = 39 points… 1 short of the final reward milestone, which is a very significant reward. Am I already SOL on being able to complete the event and achieve the 4-5 rank up gem? If so, why was this event created with such stringent constraints? I am sure I am not the only player who had no idea they needed to be sure to complete a few arenas matches every day. I saw the duration of the event and the arena and assumed I had the 20ish days to grind and complete everything for it.

I was tensed about not having enough points since Maybe I missed a day somewhere in the beginning
    But Ig I don't have to worry since my points are even
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,229 ★★★★★

Agree it’s not difficult to do, but I didn’t know it needed to be done every day to get full rewards. If I had known, I would have done this. Now I’ve missed a couple days at the very beginning and am already SOL to get full rewards. I am sure many other players are in the same situation and also bet many who are don’t even know it yet. There will be more posts like this of disappointed players closer to the end of the event.

Unfortunately that's how the objectives are designed so it is what it is and always read the forum posts and announcements with great attention along with youtube videos
    Damn. Things have escalated a lot.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,092 ★★★★★
    How many point paragon+ players get if they completed all objectives upto this date? 8 or 10?
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,048 ★★★★★

How many point paragon+ players get if they completed all objectives upto this date? 8 or 10?

8 right now
  • Options
    DedeskalionDedeskalion Posts: 8
    DNA3000 said:

All objectives have a certain limit to how they stack, and that limit is different for different objectives. The gold/platinum ones you’re referring to have a stack limit of two, and they come out one at a time. If you do not do at least one and free a slot, you lose the next one. However, the battleground objectives do not stack; they come out every two days and any objective you do not do before it is refreshed blocks the next one, and that next one is subsequently lost.

The gold/platinum track objectives not only each had an extra day grace period, but the track progression also had extra grace days so you could miss a few and still get to the final reward. Why wasn’t this done similarly? Battleground objectives even have two days to complete, not just one day, and they aren’t required as progression towards a final reward milestone.

I hope there will be some opportunity to complete additional objectives besides the two per day we’re getting now. I don’t know any other content with rewards like this that screwed a player out of them just because the player didn’t know to do something the very first day it came out. It’s not that I wasn’t playing the game, it’s that I simply didn’t know I needed to be sure to do this one new, very easy thing every day.
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,839 ★★★★★
    I also only have 6 points so I missed some. The timer is misleading and I generally feel fooled. It is what it is
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,092 ★★★★★

8 right now
    Thanks
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,699 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

All objectives have a certain limit to how they stack, and that limit is different for different objectives. The gold/platinum ones you’re referring to have a stack limit of two, and they come out one at a time. If you do not do at least one and free a slot, you lose the next one. However, the battleground objectives do not stack; they come out every two days and any objective you do not do before it is refreshed blocks the next one, and that next one is subsequently lost.

The gold/platinum track objectives not only each had an extra day grace period, but the track progression also had extra grace days so you could miss a few and still get to the final reward. Why wasn’t this done similarly? Battleground objectives even have two days to complete, not just one day, and they aren’t required as progression towards a final reward milestone.

I hope there will be some opportunity to complete additional objectives besides the two per day we’re getting now. I don’t know any other content with rewards like this that screwed a player out of them just because the player didn’t know to do something the very first day it came out. It’s not that I wasn’t playing the game, it’s that I simply didn’t know I needed to be sure to do this one new, very easy thing every day.
    I don’t know of any content with rewards like this at all, that require virtually no effort or skill to get, that are as massively progressionally significant.

A 4->5 rank up gem for just logging in every day and doing two rounds of arena is already astounding and unprecedented. Precisely how much easier do you believe such a reward should be?

As I said, I have some sympathy for the “first day” miss. But I don’t know how to resolve that in a way that would be reasonable for the value of the reward.
  • Options
    KingInBlackKingInBlack Posts: 312 ★★★

You do realize we're talking about a video game right? Always read the forums with great attention and watch YT? On an event where if you missed the first day or two its a wrap? Great advice if you're day revolves around mcoc 😄
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

I don’t know of any content with rewards like this at all, that require virtually no effort or skill to get, that are as massively progressionally significant.

A 4->5 rank up gem for just logging in every day and doing two rounds of arena is already astounding and unprecedented. Precisely how much easier do you believe such a reward should be?

As I said, I have some sympathy for the “first day” miss. But I don’t know how to resolve that in a way that would be reasonable for the value of the reward.
    The fact the reward is so valuable and requires such a simple task is my point exactly. Why wasn’t it more clear this was required every day to achieve the top milestone? I’ll again use the gold/platinum track as an example where there is a tracker icon right next to the free/daily crystals and also a visual where you could clearly see the reward milestones and the progression towards it. Magic Heist was buried in the many ongoing Solo Event Quests, and then the new Special Daily Objectives stated they were for a raffle, not for progressing on a path to other rewards on a near zero tolerance trajectory.

Harping on how easy it is to do the arenas every day is completely missing the point of this post. Everyone knows this and no one is claiming the task is too hard to complete. The issue is that it was not clear that this was an every day requirement to get the reward starting from the first day the content came out with near zero grace time. This is more stringent than any other event, especially for this type of high value reward.
  • Options
    captaincushcaptaincush Posts: 554 ★★★

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

The fact the reward is so valuable and requires such a simple task is my point exactly. Why wasn’t it more clear this was required every day to achieve the top milestone? I’ll again use the gold/platinum track as an example where there is a tracker icon right next to the free/daily crystals and also a visual where you could clearly see the reward milestones and the progression towards it. Magic Heist was buried in the many ongoing Solo Event Quests, and then the new Special Daily Objectives stated they were for a raffle, not for progressing on a path to other rewards on a near zero tolerance trajectory.

Harping on how easy it is to do the arenas every day is completely missing the point of this post. Everyone knows this and no one is claiming the task is too hard to complete. The issue is that it was not clear that this was an every day requirement to get the reward starting from the first day the content came out with near zero grace time. This is more stringent than any other event, especially for this type of high value reward.
    but this is in a different location and is more similar to the Battlegrounds objectives, and a mew one won't spawn if the previous one wasn't completed in time
  • Options
    Viper198787Viper198787 Posts: 463 ★★★

I mean they put it in an in game email. It clearly says daily objectives and mentions the solo event. I want to empathize with people but come on. It was communicated to everyone who plays the game and it’s minimal effort for really nice rewards. It’s on you if you missed it.
  • Options

I mean they put it in an in game email. It clearly says daily objectives and mentions the solo event. I want to empathize with people but come on. It was communicated to everyone who plays the game and it’s minimal effort for really nice rewards. It’s on you if you missed it.

And nowhere in that in game mail (that nobody reads) does it say you must complete the entirely new special daily objectives every day in order to achieve the top milestone in the event.