Customer Service Verification Questions

I've been trying to link my game center account to a Kabam account for some time now. Each time I create a Kabam account, it always says "Account Already Linked". I contacted the Kabam Customer Service, and they're asking me these verification questions:

1. What was the original in-game player name of your account? Write this name exactly as it appeared in the game.
2. What are your first two real-money purchases in the game? Include the dates (yyyy-mm-dd) and the amounts of real money that you spent on iTunes or Google.
3. Did you ever attach a Kabam ID to your account, and what was the original email address that was linked to your account? Write the exact email address you attached to your account as a Kabam ID.
4. What country, province, state, or city were you in when you created your account?
5. What is the creation date of your account? Estimate the date (yyyy-mm-dd) of when you created your account in the game.

Someone needs to help me here, this is absolutely bogus. I checked all of my answers to these questions through my achievements, IOS purchase history, and previous conversations in a group chat I had. Regardless of the answers I put, alongside the attachments with proof of my answers, the KABAM support team refuses to proceed further with this issue!

I can't believe how difficult it is for a player like myself who has spent around $1000 in the past two weeks of this game to get some answers! I want to access the online store and support Kabam directly without going through the Apple medium, and the support team refuses to not only tell me what answers I got wrong and they just write the same copy-pasted response each time with a different customer service representative answering my email.

Kabam, this is horrible. I always thought that people on this forum were exaggerating when discussing the customer service representatives in such a bad manner, however, I am slowly realizing the validity of their concerns.

Comments

• Beatriz10Beatriz10 Member Posts: 5
    Just received another email from the support team. This is the second time they close my ticket:

As we are unable to verify ownership, we are unable to help you with accessing this account, and this ticket is now set to Solved. If you remember the correct information to verify the account, we should be able to help you further. Open a new ticket, and we will help you to try to recover the account again.

Dude, I just showed the Kabam customer service team like three weeks worth of my purchase history with screenshots included and they still can't verify my ownership of the account? Insane man. Insane.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,367 Guardian
    Unfortunately, support cannot tell you what questions you got wrong, because that would just open the door to people randomly guessing until they got the questions correctly. And the problem with that is that if it is easy for you, it would be just as easy for me to spoof the correct answers and take control of your account.

They cannot verify with recent purchases, because that would allow someone who got access to the account to just make a few purchases and then try to use those to verify ownership. That’s why they ask for original purchases. Only the original account owner or someone with access to their Apple/Google account would likely know this or have access to this. If you can show them the last three weeks, you should be able to show them the first three weeks as well. The fact that you specifically mention showing them recent purchase history suggests to me that perhaps that’s the question you’re having a problem with. If so, that’s problematic. Many people buy game accounts and then run into this problem, because they may have months or even years of purchase history, but they do not have the original history of the account. If that’s the case, they won’t help you, as that violates their terms of service.

If you are the original account holder, and you believe you can prove you are the original account holder, then message me with your in-game name and I will try to get someone to take a look. I have no authority to do anything, but if this is just a misunderstanding I can sometimes get someone to take a closer look and try to resolve the issue.
  • Beatriz10Beatriz10 Member Posts: 5
    How do I dm you on this forum? I’m new to it so idk.
  • Juggernaut11Juggernaut11 Member Posts: 4
    What to reply if i have made only one purcahse kindly help
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,367 Guardian

What to reply if i have made only one purcahse kindly help

If you have only made one purchase, or none, you reply stating that fact (and specifying the one purchase if you only made one).