**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Magic Thief - NEEDS NERF ASAP

Comments

• Options
    Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 575 ★★★

How are yall handling Bullseye or Zemo on the stunning reflection node on boss island? Just wondering cause I got nothing besides hella revives.

Sunspot can do it, he deactivates the node with his incinerate but you'll have to deal with the bleed damage and be careful with bullseye's evade, bait heavy first so you can do 1 hit safely and then you can parry normally
    I don't know the list of the attack tactic in my head rn but someone with poison or incinerate should deactivate the stun reflexion
    Sunspot is not a tactic attacker. So bullseye is going to be indestructible the entire fight.
  • Options
    MordMord Posts: 120 ★★
    Second war in the preseason and the opponent is already banning bishop and Claire. Yay.

I run path 9 and I might be wrong, but beyond Claire, there aren't any other nullify/buff control options with immunities and the attack tactic, are they?.

Also, just fought Nick with iceman in section 9a and while the fight is doable, it is also a awfully painful slow fight that don't want to repeat.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,504 ★★★★
    Bugmat78 said:

I run path 9. There aren’t a lot of immunity options for the hazard shifts. Any plan to mitigate those?

Same here - it's **** - like 4 attackers and half will probably be banned. Would like to see devs do every path with tactics to show us how reasonable they are before release.
    Two of them won't ever be banned because they hit like wet noodles and will take 4 mins per fight or time out against big health pool regenners or the AI will get greedy and hold to a sp3. Faced a duped r3 vision Aarkus with magic thief, I got rolled a couple times before he felt generous with specials.
  • Options
    What_A_MessWhat_A_Mess Posts: 39
    If Kabam really wants to have constructive feedbacks:
    - either replace indestructible with -20% damage protection (max=2), or keep it but max=1
    - remove bullseye from the list

This is way worse than crush:
    - Some champions can ignore part of crush, e.g., Suri, Scorpion, a few techs
    - With perfect skill, some players can still ignore the tactic
    - Corvus, Hulkling and Ghost can still kill the defender very quick if they are fully boosted

This tactic is just ridiculous, if they don't make significant change, 1-loyalty war is the only solution.
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 717 ★★★★
    Matty_Ice said:

How are yall handling Bullseye or Zemo on the stunning reflection node on boss island? Just wondering cause I got nothing besides hella revives.

Sunspot can do it, he deactivates the node with his incinerate but you'll have to deal with the bleed damage and be careful with bullseye's evade, bait heavy first so you can do 1 hit safely and then you can parry normally
    I don't know the list of the attack tactic in my head rn but someone with poison or incinerate should deactivate the stun reflexion
    Sunspot is not a tactic attacker. So bullseye is going to be indestructible the entire fight.
    I know, that's why the last part of the message talks about the tactic attackers
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,156 ★★★★★
    Old
    #Magic Thief Defenders gain a stackable Indestructible Passive every 5 seconds, or when their attacks are Dodged, Evaded, or Miss. Max stacks: 3. This timer is paused during the Defender's Specials. As long as this Indestructible Passive is on the Defender, they gain 5% of a Bar of Power when hitting the Attacker's Block. 1 Indestructible Passive is removed whenever the Attacker Well-Time Blocks. These effects cannot be affected by Ability Accuracy.

New
    #Magic Thief Defenders gain a stackable Indestructible Passive every 5 seconds, or when their attacks are Dodged, Evaded, or Miss. Max stacks: 3. This timer is paused for 3, 5, or 6 seconds when the Attacker or Defender gains a bar of power. Hitting the defender with a Special Attack while the defender's back is against the wall removes all passives. As long as this Indestructible Passive is on the Defender, they gain 15%, 12%, 10% of a Bar of Power when the Attacker strikes the Defender's block. These effects cannot be affected by Ability Accuracy.

Old
    Attack: X-Magica
    If the Attacker has the #X-Magica tag, their Well-Timed Blocks grant them an indefinite 2% Prowess Passive. Max stacks: 7. When a #X-Magica Attacker strikes a #Magic Thief Defender, they pause their Indestructible timer for 0.5 seconds. When a #Magic Thief Defender activates an Indestructible Passive, it and 1 Prowess Passive from this Tactic is instantly removed. These effects cannot be affected by Ability Accuracy.

New
    If the champion is tagged #X-Magica, gaining a bar of power grants the attacker an indefinite 5% prowess passive and inflicts a 1 second stun debuff (or passive; debuff makes it more interesting) on the Defender. If the attacker hits the defender while stunned with a special attack, increase the potency of prowess passives by 5%, 10%, 15%. These effects cannot be affected by Ability Accuracy.

Here's what I thought was a much better punishing yet not restrictive experience.
  • Options
    kus234kus234 Posts: 223 ★★
    This sucks ..Kabam wants feedback and here we have tons of feedback but all going to deaf ears..
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 4,265 ★★★★★
    kus234 said:

This sucks ..Kabam wants feedback and here we have tons of feedback but all going to deaf ears..

It was a weekend let them read through the thread today and they will communicate they never here on weekends so u always have to wait till the weekdays
  • Options
    What_A_MessWhat_A_Mess Posts: 39
    edited March 4
    kus234 said:

This is probably what Kabam wants: solo is as rare as Necropolis, don't feel shame to use 1-loyalty revives.
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,193 ★★★★★
    edited March 4
    Wow, this R3 7* silver surfer in node 49 is so bad 🤣. How the hell do you do this fight? I can’t parry due to stunning reflection.

My team is domino, werewolf and herc. Any suggestion?
  • Options
    Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 575 ★★★
    zuffy said:

Wow, this R3 7* silver surfer in node 49 is so bad 🤣. How the hell do you do this fight? I can’t parry due to stunning reflection.

Toad or Claire can shut the stunning reflection down with poison or incinerate.
  • Options
    horrendous_toohorrendous_too Posts: 232 ★★★
    zuffy said:

I have not done that fight. But theoretically you could parry the sp1 hits with either domino or werewolf to get the prowess to remove the indestructables. Since it is supposed to be well timed blocks not the actual stun that does it. No promises it isn't bugged though.
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,193 ★★★★★
    Matty_Ice said:

zuffy said:

Toad or Claire can shut the stunning reflection down with poison or incinerate.
    Thanks. Forgot my main account has scorpion. End up using scorpion with poison so I can parry.
  • Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 865 ★★★★
    War has always been my favourite game mode.
    The last tactic was terrible, this one is just as bad, if not worse.

With all the other bs in game of late, I’m close to calling it a day.

Just not fun.

Only playing out of habit and 9+ years invested in the game.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,504 ★★★★
    Have we had any response yet? I think it at least warrants an off season extension til they decided what to do
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,262 ★★★★★

Three of the attack tactic champs have play styles that are hard countered by the tactic: Stryfe Hood and Dani.

Stryfe and Hood are two of the best war attackers in the list of tactic champs... and they are hard countered by the defense tactic due to how it interacts with miss.

Kabam seriously do you guys effing test anything? Who the hell was responsible for this? It's like you ignored 75% of war interactions. Unblockable nodes, champs that utilize miss on their kit.... this tactic is aids with both of these. You guys seriously have been making some stupid ass decisions lately. 

I’ll agree with Hood and Dani, and even add Prof X, Nightcrawler, Spidey supreme to the list. Those choices are a bit disappointing to me.

But stryfe is absolutely fine. I tested him today and he crushed. R5 Zemo, ascended Bullseye on hazard shift, R3 Killmonger on boss island all smashed.

You don’t need to miss at all vs tactic champs if you don’t want to, you can ramp without sp1. Or ramp vs non tactic. And even if you do want to, stryfe’s parry heavy playstyle means you often have prowess to remove the indestructible that you give them from a couple of misses.

Add on the fact that while you ramp, damage isn’t as necessary, you can deal with a couple of indestructible afterwards, Stryfe performs very well.
  • Options
    PIKESTAINPIKESTAIN Posts: 183 ★★

Have we had any response yet? I think it at least warrants an off season extension til they decided what to do

"We intend for war to be more difficult, everything is working as designed"...... Wouldn't be surprised by this. And then changing the tactic in the Offseason like they did with Crush. They need to extend the offseason and work this tactic out, but I'm not expecting that.
  • Options
    EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 481 ★★★

Three of the attack tactic champs have play styles that are hard countered by the tactic: Stryfe Hood and Dani.

Stryfe and Hood are two of the best war attackers in the list of tactic champs... and they are hard countered by the defense tactic due to how it interacts with miss.

Kabam seriously do you guys effing test anything? Who the hell was responsible for this? It's like you ignored 75% of war interactions. Unblockable nodes, champs that utilize miss on their kit.... this tactic is aids with both of these. You guys seriously have been making some stupid ass decisions lately. 

I’ll agree with Hood and Dani, and even add Prof X, Nightcrawler, Spidey supreme to the list. Those choices are a bit disappointing to me.

But stryfe is absolutely fine. I tested him today and he crushed. R5 Zemo, ascended Bullseye on hazard shift, R3 Killmonger on boss island all smashed.

You don’t need to miss at all vs tactic champs if you don’t want to, you can ramp without sp1. Or ramp vs non tactic. And even if you do want to, stryfe’s parry heavy playstyle means you often have prowess to remove the indestructible that you give them from a couple of misses.

Add on the fact that while you ramp, damage isn’t as necessary, you can deal with a couple of indestructible afterwards, Stryfe performs very well.
    I guess so, but I usually use Stryfe on path 5 which often requires you to utilize his miss mechanic with the types of defenders placed there.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,156 ★★★★★

I guess so, but I usually use Stryfe on path 5 which often requires you to utilize his miss mechanic with the types of defenders placed there.
    what kind of immunities does Stryfe have that he would survive a hazard shift fight? does the 20% concussion stop the DOT damage ?? if so, that's some KABOOM AI at its finest lol ... how does he get by the shocks, bleeds, poisons or incinerates to survive a Bullseye fight?
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★

"fellas, we haven't even run the numbers yet. we need a full season of data before we can make changes, and only if the numerous justify it".

Seems like a legit answer off these nowadays
  • Options
    EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 481 ★★★
    Deacon said:

what kind of immunities does Stryfe have that he would survive a hazard shift fight? does the 20% concussion stop the DOT damage ?? if so, that's some KABOOM AI at its finest lol ... how does he get by the shocks, bleeds, poisons or incinerates to survive a Bullseye fight?
    What? Path 5 is ebb and flow, not Hazard shift. Are you high?