**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

First Necro run by an average FTP player

raviXsharmaraviXsharma Posts: 537 ★★★
I would start with thanking people who previously explained their Necro journey, my alliance mates for their suggestions and wishes which hyped me well enough to finally complete this run. Also, English is not my first language, so excuse my grammar.

My team - 6* R5 AEgon (Ascended), Proxima, Heimdal, Fury (Only to be KOed after ramp up), 6*R4 Wiccan
Path - Path 1 (Easy Path)

I am an average player so for me, AEgon was an excellent option (and the only option I had). I would highly recommend you to Max your AEgon, you will ramp up just fine. Proxima really helps in ramping up AEgon, Heimdal will help you tank SP3 and save revives, Fury for extra attack boost, Wiccan for the final phase of Grandmaster (Glad I brought him). I have heard Shuri is good for Captain Britain fight, but Aegon does it too.
I do not have other champs like Kate Bishop so I cannot tell how it's going to be with her but even with the mentioned above team, you are going to do well. AEgon will shred everything.
Equip a high rarity relic to your AEgon before beginning. I avoided Black Panther relic because of suggestions on a few posts.

Resources - I bought the health potions and Revive bundle from the store. It costed me about 2500 units. Each bundle gave 15 revives, 10 were 40% and 5 were 60% ones. I bought 5 so that gave me about 60 revives and potions as well. I cannot remember the potions count. Usually this offer drops around end of the month, but I cannot promise if that's the pattern. I will mention more in detail about how much I used in each fight.

TITANIA
The only goal for this fight was to ramp up my AEgon. I used only SP1. If I failed, I can just quit and come back to get the rhythm of the fight. Whiff a light attack to hold Titania back when she is unblockable and unstoppable. Keep her in the corner and bait Special attacks so her Hay maker does not start. My AEgon combo meter reached 705 after defeating her. You can remove points from your offensive mastery tree to ramp up your AEgon more here.
Resources used:
Love potion (got from Feb login): 9
L4 Potion - 6
40% Revive - 4

VISION Arkus
Keep your SP1 was easy to bait but it is not easy to keep him below 2 bars, so just blocked the SP2. Heimdall helped tanking SP3.
Straightforward fight, after building my combo meter to around 950, I KO'ed my fury to get the attack boost. If you have points removed from your offensive mastery tree, you can put them Back. I would not recommend using ouchies mastery setup for now. Your AEgon will end the fight with 999 in combo meter.
Resources used:
40% Revive - 5
L4 potion - 11

AMBUSH: Deadpooloid
I used potions before entering and used attack boosts. If you defeat this champ under a minute, you will get cross-fight attack boost for your next 2 fights. Make sure to read about the challenges in his description that you might have to do during fights. Overall, easy fight. You can even push him to 3 bars of power, and he will use Electra's SP1 animation as his SP2.

OMEGA SENTINEL
Easy fight with your 999 combo AEgon. Can be done with 1 revive but I became so confident that I tried dexing SP1 completely for a couple of times but slipped a few of them.
L4 potion - 6
40% Revive - 2

AIR WALKER -
Not as bad of a fight as I read about it. Before the Galactus countdown end, just knock him down with heavy or Specials. If the counter ends, Just quit the fight ASAP. I would hit him MLLL and then hit with my heavy to knock him down. This helps to keep the countdown timer in check.
For first 5 tries, AI won't throw specials and get defensive, which would push him to SP3. I also hit his block with MLLL but still AEgon would not break his block. Besides these issues it was fine. Last revive I could play for 1.5 minutes as AI finally started cooperating.
L4 potion - 7
40% Revive - 7

CAPTAIN BRITAIN
The worst part about the fight is, you will be playing the whole fight "almost" reverse controls. If it were no reverse or purely reverse, that would be easier. Bait SP2 as its easier to dex. Block SP1. Play slowly while watching when reverse control ends as it can be confusing.
L4 potion - 6
40% revive - 2

WICCAN
Annoying but he will be done quick. Avoid parrying as your AEgon will stop gaining his buffs. Bait his SP2 has its easier to dex and SP1 will just heal wiccan. Your AEgon will be dealt with passive incinerate so healing was a good idea before entering fight.
L4 potion - 2
L5 potion - 8
40% revive - 2

PSYCHO MAN
Not a difficult fight. Straightforward. SP1 was easier to dex for me.
L5 potion - 6
L4 potion - 3
60% Revive - 2

GUARDIAN
Same as Psycho man. Not a difficult fight. Straightforward. SP1 was easier to dex for me.
L4 potion - 7
60% Revive - 1

VALKYRIE
Annoying because my AEgon is unblockable and if I let her hit my block, it's a lot of damage. Basically, if either champion hits block, then Valkyrie gains a passive pierce. If passive pierce is not active on her, then her specials are free. Her power meter won't go down. Parry when passive is about to end. What I initially tried was bait her SP2, dodge every hit except that last projectile, which was a bad idea as it deals lot of block damage. Either parry or blocking last few hits of SP1 helps. Just brute forced with AEgon.
60% Revive - 5
L4 potion - 5
L3 potion - 3
L4 potion - 1

RED GUARDIAN
Down in one shot. Got lucky he did not use SP3 and kept blocking. SP2 easier to dex when rooted and he is unblockable. Need not to worry about anything when playing as AEgon.

CAPTAIN AMERICA SAM WILSON
Same as Psycho man. Not a difficult fight. Straightforward. SP1 is way easier to dex than SP2.
L5 potion - 2
60% Revive - 1

DRAGON MAN
His power gain is annoying. He gets stun immune after three critical hits, so almost stun immune for rest of the fight. How to handle power gain?
1) Parry stun.
2)His SP2 turns off power gain buff for some time
3)Blocking his SP1 hits which uses his tail, arms, legs.
L5 potion - 4
60% Revive - 2
40 % Revive - 2

CAPTAIN AMERICA (INFINITY WAR)
Easy fight. He can throw you off rhythm with concussion debuff and if last hit of combo is blocked. Unblockable may fail as he glances attacks. So not finishing my combo helps.
40 % Revive - 2

Nova
Always annoying as a defender. No difference here as well. His Sp2 was easier to dex for me. AEgon being unblockable helps. Brute forced with him. If you can dex his Specials, not using potions is a better option.
40 % Revive - 4

Finally,
NAMELESS GRANDMASTER
For me, this was the worst fight. I kept tripping on his SP1 beam especially when reversed controlled. Also, AI was not cooperative. Not using SP and cornering me. After Airwalker this is where AI was annoying for me. The prompts vanished in microseconds so I could not see the prompts clearly either. Anyway, I had not much of a strategy here so just skipping this.
There might be other videos and posts where people can help better. I just brute forced with AEgon for Phase 1, 2 and 3.
For phase 4, I used Wiccan as he is reverse immune, so you do not need to change controls after every action. Hats off to people if they can do it without reverse immune champions.
Resources Used:
40 % Revive - 17!!!

I removed points from defensive mastery tree after (Like will power) as they were not needed after TITANIA fight. But I put points in that 4% perfect block chance which did help me as I saw zero damage dealt when blocking. 1 point in assassin mastery will be helpful.

Anyways, had fun. Only if I was prepared before 15 January with units and had AEgon, I would get bonus rewards as well. But oh well. It is still worth doing. Here is my experience with Necropolis initial run.

Comments

• Options
    PT_99 said:

You must walk this path 5 more times, warrior.

Tip for Aegon monkey strategy :- DO NOT attempt to do grandmaster prompts in phase 2,3, it's waste of time, just keep pushing him to sp2 and tank it, you can't die from his sp-2 but you will be playing at 1 HP so don't get hit and it's such a breeze. Only play phase-1 with strategy.

Not anytime soon for sure. Maybe later this year. It costs units / resources, time and requires lot of patience. I'm waiting for 8.4 not to explore Act 8 completely and hopefully get valiant title with it.
  • Options
    Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 838 ★★★★

PT_99 said:

Tip for Aegon monkey strategy :- DO NOT attempt to do grandmaster prompts in phase 2,3, it's waste of time, just keep pushing him to sp2 and tank it, you can't die from his sp-2 but you will be playing at 1 HP so don't get hit and it's such a breeze. Only play phase-1 with strategy.

Not anytime soon for sure. Maybe later this year. It costs units / resources, time and requires lot of patience. I'm waiting for 8.4 not to explore Act 8 completely and hopefully get valiant title with it.
    You’re going to have to explore 8.4 to get r3
  • Options
    Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 838 ★★★★

• Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,389 ★★★★★

PT_99 said:

U need to explore whole of act 8 for it so go get digging
  • Options

PT_99 said:

Sure thing. I've already explored rest of the chapters of act 8. And act 8.3 was quite fun. I'm waiting for 8.4 so I can explore whole act 8 after that and be valiant.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,556 ★★★★★

PT_99 said:

Sure thing. I've already explored rest of the chapters of act 8. And act 8.3 was quite fun. I'm waiting for 8.4 so I can explore whole act 8 after that and be valiant.
    @Moosetiptronic
    Me too, Ravi. Congrats, mate.

What are your r3 plans/options?
  • Options

PT_99 said:

@Moosetiptronic

Thanks Mags! :)
    I got a R2->R3 7* Skill champ Rank up gem from crystal. My 7* Skill champs are Attuma, Elsa and Black cat. I cannot find true potential of black cat as of now. So, I will be waiting till 8.4 drops as I cannot be Valiant without it anyway. If I get a Shang chi by then, then I will rank him up to R3 to be valiant. Meanwhile I will learn playing Black cat to its full potential, and if I find her as amazing as I have heard, she is going straight to R3 soon.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,599 ★★★★★

PT_99 said:

@Moosetiptronic

Thanks Mags! :)
    I got a R2->R3 7* Skill champ Rank up gem from crystal. My 7* Skill champs are Attuma, Elsa and Black cat. I cannot find true potential of black cat as of now. So, I will be waiting till 8.4 drops as I cannot be Valiant without it anyway. If I get a Shang chi by then, then I will rank him up to R3 to be valiant. Meanwhile I will learn playing Black cat to its full potential, and if I find her as amazing as I have heard, she is going straight to R3 soon.
    Actually you don't need her full potential for bgs nd questing, just practice heavy intercept nd you are good to go.

Waiting for shang chi is worth it too
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,136 ★★★★
    Congratulations again @raviXsharma that's REALLY good work on all the fights (except Grandmaster... More below). You did all of them in less revives than I did; Valkyrie, captain Britain and Nova in particular.

For the Grandmaster, as @PT_99 said, your can sort of brute force him in phase 2 and 3 with aegon to keep the revives down. You just keep hitting into him to receive the huge furies as he hits you back. It's surprisingly good many times he will just block, against the wall when he is at sp3 and you can just keep hitting him, build to relic, hit some more, get to sp3, rinse and repeat. It's what I did for silver centurion on the other path..

But(!!), you don't need to explore it; as you said, act 8.4 is very soon and that can get you valiant; additional runs of necropolis are just if you feel like it 😁

Really well done mate!! Ilovescotch 😉
  • Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,711 ★★★★
    Congratulations on a great Necro run. You used way fewer Revives than I did - I found I was just in a slump for several fights and made silly mistakes - Psycho-Man especially.

Like you I'm in no rush to explore it :smile:
  • Options

Really well done mate!! Ilovescotch 😉

Thanks cap 😃!
    Insightful as always. I wish I read your guide before entering every fight lol

And thanks for nice tips mentioned in post above.

Sounds like I really was cool there. I should have recorded especially that Nova fight. 😌

Anyways, thanks kabam for the fun times.
  • Options
    UPDATE - Exploring monthly EQ (at least paragon difficulty does) gives a limited time deal; 15 revives and potions as well for 1000 units. Wish I didn't ignore this one before.