Options

Misleading daily magic heist timer

Comments

• Options
    NoirSoiréeNoirSoirée Posts: 30
    edited March 4

Hey OP,

The timer is for the event itself. I'm sorry that this may have confused you and some others. This is the same way timers are used in other areas and for other events. They are called Daily Objectives because they are meant to be completed Daily, much like our Dual Track events.

I will be discussing clarifying this somehow, but we do not have any plans to make any changes to the event or give out any missed points. The objective of this event was to encourage players to log in every day and play, and to reward those that do just that. This is just the start of Sagas, and while it may not be the best start for some, there's still so much more to come!

Hey @Kabam Miike just wondering if a QoL change is possible that enables auto claim (like how the morbius objectives/battle pass type events did) so that we don't have to specially go into the tabs to claim once completed ... as forgetting to claim results it not refreshing after 24 hours even if you actually completed the objective for the previous day.
  • Options
    Supersha7Supersha7 Posts: 185 ★★
    That’s a really good additional point, noir. Thanks for adding that in.
  • Options
    Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★

Hey OP,

The timer is for the event itself. I'm sorry that this may have confused you and some others. This is the same way timers are used in other areas and for other events. They are called Daily Objectives because they are meant to be completed Daily, much like our Dual Track events.

I will be discussing clarifying this somehow, but we do not have any plans to make any changes to the event or give out any missed points. The objective of this event was to encourage players to log in every day and play, and to reward those that do just that. This is just the start of Sagas, and while it may not be the best start for some, there's still so much more to come!

Hey @Kabam Miike just wondering if a QoL change is possible that enables auto claim (like how the morbius objectives/battle pass type events did) so that we don't have to specially go into the tabs to claim once completed ... as forgetting to claim results it not refreshing after 24 hours even if you actually completed the objective for the previous day.
    Yes 100% agree, also my challenges glitch sometimes so I have to claim it twice which is weird (first time doesn't count).
  • Options
    Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,392 ★★★★
    I have been doing this daily so am not directly affected by this but the regular daily objectives stack multiple days and the double track events more recently have been stacking 2 days I believe so it isn't crazy to think a daily arena objective might be able to be done a day or 2 after it became active without missing the subsequent day or 2 as well. The only difference that immediately comes to mind is that these objectives are the same every day and the regular daily objectives and double tracks are usually (always?) different from the next/previous day.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,842 ★★★★★

I wish I could get the r5 gem. Did the Same mistake thinking the objectives can be done later as the timer was saying 20+ days.
    I’m short of 2 pts, will have 38 pts by the end of the event 😭

@Kabam Miike Maybe give us additional 1 day more, so that we don’t miss out the r5 gem (As the timer created the misunderstanding among many summoners)?

If you've only missed one set of objectives your still good. There's a grace day of 1 built in. It's a 21 day event and there's 20 sets of objectives.
  • Options
    shield311shield311 Posts: 300 ★★
    I'm not paragon so i can only go for the 3-4 rankup gem, if i miss one day's objective will i miss out of the 3-4 rank up gem?? I do not have my device for 3-4 days so i think this is gonna be unfortunate ;-;
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,256 ★★★★★
    shield311 said:

I'm not paragon so i can only go for the 3-4 rankup gem, if i miss one day's objective will i miss out of the 3-4 rank up gem?? I do not have my device for 3-4 days so i think this is gonna be unfortunate ;-;

The 3-4 gem is on the milestone with 20 points so you need to get 20 of the 21 objectives.

1 day to miss only, same as paragon+ and the last milestone
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,987 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

Didn't they say they don't stack

Exactly, then why objective timer says 20days on it instead of 24hour?
    Why would a DAILY last 20 days though....
    I know you are forum troll with a private profile on top of that but my point is, if there's a 24hour time based objective then why it's expiration is labelled as 20days instead?

There's a lot of stuff going in game from past month so ofc at first glance players will delay the objectives with 20 days grace period to do other time-sensitive quests like WOW.
    Is THE valiant calling me a troll rofl?
    The event lasts 20 days, the objectives to PARTICIPATE on the event are DAILY...
    Which means that in order to score points you have to do objectives every day. Its really not that hard to understand.
    See you still don't get it because you even repeat the mistake.. saying "ofc at first glance players will delay the objectives with 20 days grace period to do other time-sensitive quests like WOW"...THE EVENT is 20 days the OBJECTIVE is DAILY.
    And yeah delay time sensitive because of WoW... Lol... Its 2 arena matches with 7*...
  • Options
    Greekhit said:

I'm not exactly sure how much more clear it can be that you need to do something Daily

That images and the reasoning you provide that you have to do something daily, aren't adding anything important that players who missed the points didn't knew.
    Many players got confused and thought these objectives weren't mandatory to do on day one, because regular DAILY objectives stack up, and you can skip days accumulate some and do them another day.
    So many players assumed those objectives would stack and work in a similar way.
    I myself assumed it would work the same way, but because I like to clear content on day one, to avoid content accumulation, did them as they dropped.
    Next day I realised from other unlucky summoners that they didn't stacked, and they just refresh.
    I haven't missed a point (yet 😂), but I'm not belittling others for not figuring out how these objectives work.
    If it was a very small number of players who were affected by that misconception, then it would probably be their fault, but since that number is much bigger, then probably it's Kabam's fault for poorly communicating the requirements.
    Since there is only one grace day, they should explicitly have warned the players that they MUST do the objectives EVERY SINGLE DAY of the event, and that the objectives DO NOT STACK like other daily objectives 🤷
    So if I was to tell you that you have to do something DAILY for 20 days... Do I need to tell you, you have to do it on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and so on until we fill out the 20 days?...
  • Options

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

I know you are forum troll with a private profile on top of that but my point is, if there's a 24hour time based objective then why it's expiration is labelled as 20days instead?

There's a lot of stuff going in game from past month so ofc at first glance players will delay the objectives with 20 days grace period to do other time-sensitive quests like WOW.
    The event lasts 20 days, the objectives to PARTICIPATE on the event are DAILY...
    Which means that in order to score points you have to do objectives every day. Its really not that hard to understand.
    See you still don't get it because you even repeat the mistake.. saying "ofc at first glance players will delay the objectives with 20 days grace period to do other time-sensitive quests like WOW"...THE EVENT is 20 days the OBJECTIVE is DAILY.
    And yeah delay time sensitive because of WoW... Lol... Its 2 arena matches with 7*...

Greekhit said:

I'm not exactly sure how much more clear it can be that you need to do something Daily

That images and the reasoning you provide that you have to do something daily, aren't adding anything important that players who missed the points didn't knew.
    Many players got confused and thought these objectives weren't mandatory to do on day one, because regular DAILY objectives stack up, and you can skip days accumulate some and do them another day.
    So many players assumed those objectives would stack and work in a similar way.
    I myself assumed it would work the same way, but because I like to clear content on day one, to avoid content accumulation, did them as they dropped.
    Next day I realised from other unlucky summoners that they didn't stacked, and they just refresh.
    I haven't missed a point (yet 😂), but I'm not belittling others for not figuring out how these objectives work.
    If it was a very small number of players who were affected by that misconception, then it would probably be their fault, but since that number is much bigger, then probably it's Kabam's fault for poorly communicating the requirements.
    Since there is only one grace day, they should explicitly have warned the players that they MUST do the objectives EVERY SINGLE DAY of the event, and that the objectives DO NOT STACK like other daily objectives 🤷
    So if I was to tell you that you have to do something DAILY for 20 days... Do I need to tell you, you have to do it on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and so on until we fill out the 20 days?...
    If you can't understand how seeing a timer with 20days on it can confuse people, even tho the objective tab says daily, then I will bring my own popcorn to watch you argue an uphill battle.

Please just put yourself in the perspective of someone else, without thinking about your own perspective. It's also a useful life skill.
    Every event has a time. Winter of Woe has a 57 day timer at the moment...Can someone claim "Oh man I was saving it for my vacation to do it..."?
    Every solo and alliance event has a timer, its on the player to read the description of the event.
    I should put myself in the perspective of people who are wrong? For what? To try to find excuses and not be accountable for own mistakes? Beg for changes or a way to earn those points again? No thank you?
  • Options
    edited March 5
    PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

Why can't you understand this simple thing, here I'll try to break it up in little crumbs.

"Kabam makes event, event has milestones, milestones get completed by daily objectives, those objective has 20 DAYS timer on it instead of 24 HOUR, players assume they have 20days window and objectives will STACK, they didn't, players missed on 1-2 days of objectives."

Phew, hope it went through. 😮‍💨
    Maybe and just maybe cause the objective.doesn't have a 20 day timer?.. the EVENT, has a 20 DAYS timer? and it clearly says complete DAILY objectives to earn points?
    If its based on assumption, its not really misleading is it?
    Lol..
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,721 ★★★★★

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

Why can't you understand this simple thing, here I'll try to break it up in little crumbs.

"Kabam makes event, event has milestones, milestones get completed by daily objectives, those objective has 20 DAYS timer on it instead of 24 HOUR, players assume they have 20days window and objectives will STACK, they didn't, players missed on 1-2 days of objectives."

Maybe and just maybe cause the objective.doesn't have a 20 day timer?.. the EVENT, has a 20 DAYS timer? and it clearly says complete DAILY objectives to earn points?
    Lol..
    U wont get through to them about the 20 days is just for the event not the actual daily objectives that has the word special daily and says daily everywhere on the event
  • Options
    Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★
    I think we are going in circles here. The timer for the daily objectives was incorrect. Some people believed the incorrect timer and didn't do the arena fights in time because of this. Other people ignored the timer and did them as soon as they appeared. It's as simple as that.

Now the only question is whether you sympathise with those players who planned according to a timer displaying misleading information. Personally, I do, even though I didn't lose out on any rewards myself. I do think it's unreasonable for Kabam to expect players to ignore that timer and simply assume that it was wrong.
  • Options
    Graves_3 said:

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

Lol..
    Objective did have a 20d timer as also the event. Allow me to present exhibit A👇

I did do all objectives because I planned stuff out. But I do understand how this confused some people. The message was not very clear.
    But it says next objective in ur case says 18 hours on that screenshot if u dont see that then u wont be getting another if its under something daily dont bother looking at the timer of the event from that as if theres a slot which in this case its only 2 if u dont finish either u wont get another
  • Options
    Graves_3 said:

Bendy said:

Graves_3 said:

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

Lol..
    Objective did have a 20d timer as also the event. Allow me to present exhibit A👇

I did do all objectives because I planned stuff out. But I do understand how this confused some people. The message was not very clear.
    But it says next objective in ur case says 18 hours on that screenshot if u dont see that then u wont be getting another if its under something daily dont bother looking at the timer of the event from that as if theres a slot which in this case its only 2 if u dont finish either u wont get another
    In hindsight you may appear to be right. But you will see the next objective timer only after you have done the first objective. What if somebody didn’t do any objective and only realized that they don’t stack after couple of days.
    If u dont see it then u should know in ur mind like oh i gotta do it to see when next appears since if u dont for me is oh i wont get another if i didnt do it today
  • Options
    Like for me its always been if u see slots that can be new objectives u can wait if they have only 2 slots like double track and u didnt do that set but waited till next reset i missed a day and thats on me as i either forgot or didnt do what they wanted in game and again thats more on me than kabam as its a daily reset
  • Options
    Josh2507Josh2507 Posts: 602 ★★★★
    An auto claim for these objectives would be nice, I did arena earlier but forgot to claim. Yes I know, my fault…

But there isn’t the usual red notification bubble for these when they’re ready to claim.
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,849 ★★★★★
    I still feel fooled and sad