**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Should 6* featured be a revolving door like the Titan crystal to lessen the time champs enter mcoc?

I bring up this question because I believe the wait period between when a champ is “released” and when the champion enters the featured & basic pools are exceptionally too long at this point in Mcoc life. I personally wonder if the 6* featured was more of a revolving door, where the older champ routinely leaves and the newer champ enters, would that be a more reasonable and quicker method over the current +90-Days group rotation we have now.
Besides the issue of the time it takes for a champ to become assessable and the decrease of overall community hype; 6* shards gradually increase and decrease in value within that wait period, sometimes becoming forgettable until the next featured rotation. Whereas, if the champs routinely entered and left the featured/basic pools, there will always be a reason to use your shards. Whether if it’s to get the new champ in the featured pool or the one now entering the basic pool if you missed out on them in the featured.

Furthermore, with the featured pools updating every 90 or more days, players are be forced at times to wait a QUARTER of the year after the initial release of a champ, just to have the chance of acquiring them. An example of this I personally faced was in September of 2021 when Titania and Infamous were “released”; me being a big fan of Infamous, had to wait until February of 2022 for Infamous to come to the featured pool. Approximately 4 months(33% of a year), just to have the chance to acquire him normally. That’s exceptionally too long in my opinion, and I was wondering if anyone agrees with me or had any other perspectives or thoughts on the matter.

Should 6* featured be a revolving door like the Titan crystal to lessen the time champs enter mcoc? 40 votes

I think the 6* featured should be a revolving door l
42%
SiliyoTalha305RajaSyndicatedLmaoHuskerCoolSchnoodleUltragamerFrostGiantLordDarkraw346PriyabrataLickyJJMACHeruzu369JoSpidey_10MasterABabyGrootBen5926 17 votes
I actually think the system now is fine
42%
GamerAzKicker316frodo2377GarloRockyshockyRookiiecaptain_rogersNanosamaCrcrcrcBigBlueOxwillrun4adonutDarthMysticA_FungiRaul_ColombiaKLZSkyfawJosh_kavs 17 votes
I think the system needs a change or 2 but I’m not sure what
15%
BigPoppaCBONEJAYIRITheDarkShoriReidlosNemesis_17jj_jj_9 6 votes
The system isn’t great but may be the best option
0%
Other(please elaborate)
0%

Comments

• Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Don't think we'll see that with the Valiant pre-release bundles being a thing now. Unless they open it up to Paragon for $100 and drop Valiant to $50 for the same package...then I'm down.
  • Options
    Heruzu369Heruzu369 Posts: 78

Don't think we'll see that with the Valiant pre-release bundles being a thing now. Unless they open it up to Paragon for $100 and drop Valiant to $50 for the same package...then I'm down.

That’s a pretty good point about the new bundles being a “counter” to my claims, I actually had that at the back of mind when I was writing this.
    I also agree with if the valiant bundles were $50 I too would’ve been a hell of a lot more interested and tempted. But as of now, they don’t exist to me. I can’t rationalize to myself paying $100 for a 6*. It’s just not for me
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★

There’s a reason that they’re doing this the way that they are now. Whales aren’t just paying to acquire new champs, they’re paying to have what YOU don’t have, and that exclusivity window is a premium.

If new champs were more easily accessible, they would lose their desirability much quicker. Which creates another problem.
  • Options
    Rookiie said:

There’s a reason that they’re doing this the way that they are now. Whales aren’t just paying to acquire new champs, they’re paying to have what YOU don’t have, and that exclusivity window is a premium.

If new champs were more easily accessible, they would lose their desirability much quicker. Which creates another problem.
    I agree a window of accessibility HAS to exist in order to promote higher financial incentive, but I also agree the window tends to be too long at times and feels more dragging than reasonable. And of course this isn’t for every new champ as different champs have windows accessibility; such as my Infamous example compared to how fast Ironheart is in the featured pool. That’s another issue, the wait times aren’t consistent for every champion depending when they get released relative to the pool rotation. Some champs take considerably longer opposed to others (Infamous compared to Ironheart again)
  • Options
    Heruzu369 said:

Rookiie said:

I agree a window of accessibility HAS to exist in order to promote higher financial incentive, but I also agree the window tends to be too long at times and feels more dragging than reasonable. And of course this isn’t for every new champ as different champs have windows accessibility; such as my Infamous example compared to how fast Ironheart is in the featured pool. That’s another issue, the wait times aren’t consistent for every champion depending when they get released relative to the pool rotation. Some champs take considerably longer opposed to others (Infamous compared to Ironheart again)
    Or more currently, the difference of how long it’s gonna take dust(97 more days) to enter the featured composted to Ironheart (Today). They were just released in the same month
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★
    Heruzu369 said:

Heruzu369 said:

Rookiie said:

Or more currently, the difference of how long it’s gonna take dust(97 more days) to enter the featured composted to Ironheart (Today). They were just released in the same month

Yeah that’s totally viable
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,283 ★★★★★
    I think the system needs a change or 2 but I’m not sure what
    The system now is fine if you get the champs you want right away. If you don't get them, this system sucks and is a huge frustration. You can hardly ever straight up buy a champ, and when those do crop up, the champs usually suck. I would have gladly traded a couple hundred thousand shards for a champ I wanted instead of becoming increasingly annoyed as I "wasted" them duping trash over and over again.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    Heruzu369 said:

Rookiie said:

I agree a window of accessibility HAS to exist in order to promote higher financial incentive, but I also agree the window tends to be too long at times and feels more dragging than reasonable.
    How many do you buy now, and how much of an exclusivity window do you think it would still be worth spending as much as you currently do on the new champs before they enter the basic pool.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Heruzu369 said:

Rookiie said:

I agree a window of accessibility HAS to exist in order to promote higher financial incentive, but I also agree the window tends to be too long at times and feels more dragging than reasonable.
    How many do you buy now, and how much of an exclusivity window do you think it would still be worth spending as much as you currently do on the new champs before they enter the basic pool.
    Before becoming valiant, I only bought a few(maybe 3) before telling myself I’m spending $50 for 5*s. The idea is I was spending 50 in hopes of a 6, so if I could actually get the 6 guaranteed(especially now as a valiant player), considerably more value in my eyes, but it’s double that. And to that second part, I’m jot really sure. I don’t think that’s a question that can be answered without actual thought, but they released iron heart a month after her initial release so idk, kinda undermines your point a Lil, but a big win for Ironheart fans
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    I dont think that the issue is its too long but rather i think the problem lies in that the champion can be bought right when it’s released. Whales already have a huge advantage, there was no reason to make that a thing
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,678 Guardian
    The reason the new champions enter the Titan crystal so quickly is because kabam has a firm grasp on how quickly you can get Titan shards. However, the 6* shards economy is incredibly broken. Kabam already made it easier by having champions enter the 6* basic pool faster because before they had to wait for the featured to end. That made it really unbalanced for champions like Kushala who wouldn't have been able to enter the basic pool until 7+ months after their release while champions like werewolf would have entered 5 months after their release.