**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Best way to get new Alliance members?

I've been posting in the "Recruitment & Matchmaking" lobby with zero success & I haven't gotten a random new member (someone selecting the "Find an Alliance" option) in over 6 months. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    Sean_GrizzySean_Grizzy Posts: 119
    Ok, I didn't think to put that info in there. I do say that we have a Discord but it's not required, I say that anyone who goes more than 3 days in a row without playing will be kicked & that we stay very active in Wars & Quests. I'll definitely start adding the AW stats & Glory amounts as well. Thanks!
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★

I've been posting in the "Recruitment & Matchmaking" lobby with zero success & I haven't gotten a random new member (someone selecting the "Find an Alliance" option) in over 6 months. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated!

You have to be proactive in the forum and look for individuals seeking an ally, and approach those that fit what you need. Not a guarantee but helps.
  • Options

You have to be proactive in the forum and look for individuals seeking an ally, and approach those that fit what you need. Not a guarantee but helps.

Yea I've actually noticed that today. Makes sense, I guess I just assumed people only posted when looking for new members, not people looking for an ally. I was clearly incorrect lol
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Based on the little I'm seeing here, sounds like your a small and not too active alliance, which means small reward output. Small reward output means harder to get members.

Big thing to remember, most players are more interested in how the alliance can help them, unless you have a good answer to that question then recruiting is an uphill battle.
  • Options
    baskinrobbinsknowsbaskinrobbinsknows Posts: 265 ★★★

Based on the little I'm seeing here, sounds like your a small and not too active alliance, which means small reward output. Small reward output means harder to get members.

Big thing to remember, most players are more interested in how the alliance can help them, unless you have a good answer to that question then recruiting is an uphill battle.

I couldn't agree more. People join alliances because THEY benefit, not because they want to do charity work. Explain why your alliance will help them out, not the other way around. That's why you see post that start off with dumb stuff like; 'do you have what it takes to join us,' end up getting zero responses more often than not.
  • Options
    Cano29848Cano29848 Posts: 99
    What's your game name or your alliance tag?
  • Options
    RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    The best way I’ve found members is by advertising in global, then just talking to the person a bit before letting them join.
  • Options
    Cano29848Cano29848 Posts: 99
    Global is brutal for recruiting. You could try any discord or line recruiting chats
  • Options
    CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    leave alliance open and hope for the best, if people do not take the initiative to provide line ID or any other chat group info and ask as many questions as soon as they join, they usually arent the best to keep around. you will sometimes get a quiet one that knows what they are doing but if they dont know which BG to join b/c lack of communication i normally boot and keep searching
  • Options
    Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    Only glanced through here so not sure if anyone mentioned it, but might want to diversify to Reddit as well
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Rillian said:

leave alliance open and hope for the best, if people do not take the initiative to provide line ID or any other chat group info and ask as many questions as soon as they join, they usually arent the best to keep around. you will sometimes get a quiet one that knows what they are doing but if they dont know which BG to join b/c lack of communication i normally boot and keep searching

If the algorithm has decided you are not good enough, there isn’t much difference between open and closed.
    i dont understand what you mean by that, but using the method i mentioned found 2 active accounts. had to filter maybe 4-5 people before landing them. thats just how the screening works. it weeds out the weak and waste of time people for those actually looking for a stable place. (all that was within a week and before season of AW)
  • Options
    Rillian said:

Rillian said:

If the algorithm has decided you are not good enough, there isn’t much difference between open and closed.
    i dont understand what you mean by that, but using the method i mentioned found 2 active accounts. had to filter maybe 4-5 people before landing them. thats just how the screening works. it weeds out the weak and waste of time people for those actually looking for a stable place. (all that was within a week and before season of AW)
    If you read my earlier comment I said I had two alliances. One gets people coming in when set to open, the other never does. You need to have people coming in in order to screen them.
    ah.. my comment was for this discussion, not in response to your comment :s
    but why not send a few actives to the second alliance to get some activity and hopefully gets more people joining after
  • Options
    Cano29848 said:

What's your game name or your alliance tag?

Name: Victorious Secret
    Tag: VS•21
  • Options
    GuytennisGuytennis Posts: 420 ★★★
    Offer to login for new members and beat their difficult content for them. I’m pretty sure that’s allowed.
  • Options
    BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★

I think it could be a number of things. Some people are burnt out on AW and AQ as they are looking for ways to improve QOL in addition to the things Kabam has added. I know I have an alliance I started which currently is without members and I've posted a few recruitment related post, but honestly know for the time there isn't interest. Course it doesn't help that I have no other members and obviously not ranked high up there on the leaderboard.

• Options
    G_Dawgz_007G_Dawgz_007 Posts: 4
    edited March 9
    had to boot so many that I'm down to a select few members. Looking for stronger, more active players. I'm always helpful to the active players around gifting events to help rank up their champions.
  • Options
    KoiBoy18KoiBoy18 Posts: 312 ★★★
    Stop

Necro-ing

2 year old posts