**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Magic Thief - NEEDS NERF ASAP

Comments

• Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★
    edited March 7
    FunnyDude said:

I just cleared hazard shift ascended Zemo, r2 Aarkus, r2 Adam Warlock with the global and an r3 imiw, I didn't struggle too much with iceman namor and absman.

Like I said, it's a step in the right direction but still needs work. Would you all rather it stay as it was?

This is a step in the right direction? Yes
    Is this much better? No

If ban list like: Sunspot, Iceman, Shala. 20% of nodes will still be nightmare.

This is today's war, you can see both are T1, I'm pretty sure both of us will be above 300

Like I said, step in the right direction but not fixed. But disagree merchants I guess.

I'm not one of the deluded guys that think the node is fine or want it to be kept as is.
  • Options
    pseudosanepseudosane Posts: 3,818 Guardian
    FunnyDude said:

FunnyDude said:

I just cleared hazard shift ascended Zemo, r2 Aarkus, r2 Adam Warlock with the global and an r3 imiw, I didn't struggle too much with iceman namor and absman.

Like I said, it's a step in the right direction but still needs work. Would you all rather it stay as it was?

Is this much better? No

This is today's war, you can see both are T1, I'm pretty sure both of us will be above 300

Disagree. There are other champs that will cover up some of the pain points.
    You have all the rights to disagree, but either Kabam tunes it again, or most alliances will do 1-loyalty war again, I’m always right on predicting this kind of things.
    We will see. I'm sure you'll be proven dead wrong.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,069 ★★★★★

I don’t understand why you must hit the block with lights instead of medium. It open the risk to be reparry especially if you run like me werewolf by night.

ESPECIALLY THIS!! WBN is no bueno .. he WILL get parried into oblivion hitting into block with that indestructible on.
  • Options

FunnyDude said:

FunnyDude said:

Is this much better? No

Disagree. There are other champs that will cover up some of the pain points.
    You have all the rights to disagree, but either Kabam tunes it again, or most alliances will do 1-loyalty war again, I’m always right on predicting this kind of things.
    We will see. I'm sure you'll be proven dead wrong.
    I doubt he'll be wrong, as the tactic sits even after changes I'm in an alliance family chat where 16 alliances are all majoritively doing 1 loyalty wars for the most part. Granted they're not exactly master 1 alliances but they're ranging from low masters to high plat alliances.
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 463 ★★★

Getting close to the end of the current war, after the change,T1.
    Work as intended?
  • Options
    Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 628 ★★★
    gorr with this tactic is just nasty...
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    KM on stun reflect is nasty too.
  • Options
    Johnson374Johnson374 Posts: 30
    ... need help with magic thief on path 3 section 1 node 3 and 12. Electric Defense.

how to avoid power burn with x-magica champs?
  • Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★

... need help with magic thief on path 3 section 1 node 3 and 12. Electric Defense.

Unfortunately, only answer here is Namor. Or if you're in a lower tier, nuke with Corvus or Galan.
  • Options

People are not realizing what this will do to Hazard Shift path and nodes. The viable champ list is so small. There needs to be a much better way to manage this node outside of using a Tactic attacker. Plain and simple. Even as it currently stands it is insane.

Players close to the door with frustration with this game are going to walk this War season. No one wants a cash/resource grab tactic like this.

I have a r5 ascended iceman but even at that rank he isn't exactly a heavy hitter and it hard countered by some of the defenders
  • Options
    PIKESTAINPIKESTAIN Posts: 168 ★★
    If only Kabam play tested their own tactic. The tune down is a step in the right direction. But it needs more. 4 champs being added isn’t a game breaker. Get in tune with your own game
  • Options
    SkyfawSkyfaw Posts: 171 ★★

Just use Galen or who you would use regularly on that path and just parry to remove the indestructible.
  • Options

can you explain why there's a sudden shift in difficulty and if this is going to be the new normal?

we have players leaving the team for non-AW teams, others saying they want quit, and we've had long-standing teammates who love war contemplate retirement. i've played competitively for a while and these situations pop up every now and then when you push something too hard. are you going to go back to a reasonable war map again or keep pushing this because team morale is pretty low.

if the goal is to force high difficulty, historically it never works with non-everest content because players won't really do it. what the community generally felt for WoW absman is how skilled veteran AW players feel about crush, this global, and the current trend in AW.

I've got a couple big big spenders in the alliance wanting to step away entirely or take a couple months out. It's crazy how much the past month or so has changed their outlooks. Didn't think they'd ever quit with the amounts they spend.
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 557 ★★★★

can you explain why there's a sudden shift in difficulty and if this is going to be the new normal?

we have players leaving the team for non-AW teams, others saying they want quit, and we've had long-standing teammates who love war contemplate retirement. i've played competitively for a while and these situations pop up every now and then when you push something too hard. are you going to go back to a reasonable war map again or keep pushing this because team morale is pretty low.

if the goal is to force high difficulty, historically it never works with non-everest content because players won't really do it. what the community generally felt for WoW absman is how skilled veteran AW players feel about crush, this global, and the current trend in AW.

I've got a couple big big spenders in the alliance wanting to step away entirely or take a couple months out. It's crazy how much the past month or so has changed their outlooks. Didn't think they'd ever quit with the amounts they spend.
    i've seen this many times. big spenders and even hardcore players contemplating retirement over regularly repeating content (like AQ or AW) that's unfair and overly difficult. the big update to map 6, the initial launch of map 7, and more.

this game is emotional. people spend with emotion and legitimately leave with emotion, and it can be instant. the feeling of FOMO that makes players jump to spend also makes them jump to quit, and repeating content like war that gives players the ick and lowers team morale is one of those things.

i'm shocked that they keep pushing this new war agenda on us despite the pushback. i'd love to see the numbers on crush compared to the previous 12 months. defender diversity probably tanked which shows how broken the meta is and players are probably spending a lot less on potions to play. how is this good for players and the health of game mode?
  • Options
    WillieBWillieB Posts: 150 ★★

People are not realizing what this will do to Hazard Shift path and nodes. The viable champ list is so small. There needs to be a much better way to manage this node outside of using a Tactic attacker. Plain and simple. Even as it currently stands it is insane.

Players close to the door with frustration with this game are going to walk this War season. No one wants a cash/resource grab tactic like this.

I run the hazard shift lane as well. Of course the champ they added to help our lane was Dust who 90% of us don't have. I usually use Iceman but now he's always banned. I did have some success with Bishop, but even using him causes him to lose almost half his health every fight despite getting the win, which in turn makes it a very expensive strategy.
  • Options
    CobraSCobraS Posts: 56
    Jee kabam want that players quit the game. A small attack group can get thru the new defence global. Many players with a small stack cant get thru there paths because they dont have the right attack.

If this global is used for the high tier players from tier 3 to 1 then they can have the stack for it. Now lower players that already could get thru there paths with difficulty cant so much any more. So is this a challange for the players or a anyoing global that make players quit this game. Or just stop playimg war and focus on bg and aq.

The ine that created this global probaly has not played it him or herself. Or did but had all the attackera availeble to do so.

Put this global away so we can enjoy the game instead of getting annoyed by ot.
  • Options
    QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 806 ★★★★
    @startropics I keep track of statistics for my alliance. In the season before Crush, we would net 51 kills per war in tier 4/5. In the first Crush season, we got on average 109 kills per war. In the last season, we averaged 100 kills per war.
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★
    QuikPik said:

@startropics I keep track of statistics for my alliance. In the season before Crush, we would net 51 kills per war in tier 4/5. In the first Crush season, we got on average 109 kills per war. In the last season, we averaged 100 kills per war.

Kabam devs “working as intended. Exactly where we want it” 🤣
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,483 ★★★★
    I think it should be noted the reason why there is less "constructive" feedback is not because kabaam solved the problem with this tactic change. Oh no, not even close. It's just more and more alliances are just going 1 loyalty, 400 death wars, and people just don't care.
  • Options
    CobraSCobraS Posts: 56
    edited March 10
    Lets make a point to kabam and just dont enter this aw seasons