Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Magic Thief - NEEDS NERF ASAP

Comments

• Options
    PIKESTAINPIKESTAIN Posts: 173 ★★

PIKESTAIN said:

PIKESTAIN said:

I think what’s so unbelievable here is the absolute lack of willingness to listen to the players and have a healthy dialect. This is the second season in a row where they’re like “oh yeah we are wrong but we’re gonna make a slight tweak we want it tougher anyways”….. and not actually engaging with comments. Do they not have a way to test these nodes on the elite maps? While the tweaks were a good step in the right direction, 4 champs (1 that is new) is not enough of an update to the pool. And there are some fights that you just can’t solo without the perfect storm (which won’t exist with bans etc).

How about you guys just talk to your player base? And listen? I know some of the feedback might not be helpful but that’s due to extreme frustration by some and frustration that, again, you aren’t doing a good job of listening.

Also find it funny that early on we had many more “Guardians” commenting on the post. Now, we don’t have that as much. I think they even know that the product you’re putting out isn’t realistic. Do us a favor, push war back. Test your product. Please.

It was the weekend, lol. I'm not a paid employee, I check the forums on my own time. Consider it volunteering, that's what Guardians are. Dont call out "Guardians" like that-.-

About the tactic, yes it is quite tough, but we can see kabam has signaled their intent on making war tougher. We have no say in this either, just provide feedback. Also the ccp are content creators, they cannot be blamed to "playtest" this. Fintech has no say in this, just saying. Dont need to point fingers at the ccp.

I suggest providing constructive feedback along with videos/ posts is most helpful in showing the game team our displeasure. Only as a community can we move forward. Threats and empty sentences do absolutely nothing.
    It’s not calling anyone out, it’s looking for a response since Kabam isn’t really responding. I appreciate the insight. I think most people here are providing constructive feedback. I’m not making threats. And people saying their alliance isn’t playing isn’t really a threat either. War season starts in 2 days and many of us are having issues with players wanting to leave because of the tactic and give up war. We are a masters ally and having these types of issues. I get making war harder but this isn’t the way to do it. We’re frustrated and just want more communication from Kabam. Delay the season. Test the tactic a bit more. Give us more than 4 more additional attackers.

I’m sorry if that came off as an attack. Just looking for answers or something helpful.
    I totally get it. Personally not a huge fan of making war very tough, but I know the game team is working hard to alleviate some of the pain points. It is our job as the community to voice our concerns. I'm also t2/t1 rn, and used to be masters (chilling after a life event), so i get where you are coming from.
    Thanks. Sorry again if I came off wrong. I'm absolutely cool with the difficulty increasing, within reason. I feel like Kabam is just making things very difficult but not listening to the playerbase when we have critiques. The tactic is still pretty ridiculous. There are some fights you just can't solo which shouldn't be the case. Like Funny said above, simply delaying the season and looking at the tactic is all I'm asking as well. I'd rather the season be delayed than lose players/want to retire from war myself.

War under any circumstances shouldn't cause that effect. And like I stated earlier it seems like they aren't even open to a healthy dialect on it. It's moreso "my way or the highway" which is disappointing.
  • Options
    _Barabbas__Barabbas_ Posts: 132
    FunnyDude said:

OK, constructive again (I'm pretty sure I did this already):

• reduce indestructible from max=7 to max=3, 7 is way too high. If the AI does not cooperate and you run into 7, the rest of the fight is just burning phone/pad for 0-damage, almost no way to go back because you will have to bait another SP after removing 7 indestructible.
    • remove bullseye from "magic thief", this combination is too nasty
    • extend off-season for 1 or 2 weeks
    This would help a lot. I would also suggest they evaluate certain node and path interactions that already limit attacker options to a dismal level. Consider expanding the Magick-X champ roster to include more options. Or simply change the defense Tactic so it can be better managed with a non attack tactic champ.
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,159 ★★★★★
    Just meet Serpent boss. I can’t kill him 🤣.
  • Options
    edited March 11
  • Options
    sherin_66sherin_66 Posts: 251 ★★★
    It's nice fighting an unblockable, indestructible, passive, input dropping 6* rank 5 acended max sig with suicides.
  • Options
    FunnyDude said:

PIKESTAIN said:

Sadly, I think we have our answer. They will go ahead with this season, get their resources out of it, and probably "nerf" it for next season. Time to meet their silence with ours in the game mode.

No surprise, no big deal, 1-loyalty war is the solution
    They want us to burn our resources, just don’t do it.
    Tough to do that when the majority of your alliance doesn’t want to and if you decide to leave you’ll also be taking a big chunk of the alliance with you…..

Gotta love Kabam! Thanks guys!
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 463 ★★★
    PIKESTAIN said:

FunnyDude said:

PIKESTAIN said:

Sadly, I think we have our answer. They will go ahead with this season, get their resources out of it, and probably "nerf" it for next season. Time to meet their silence with ours in the game mode.

No surprise, no big deal, 1-loyalty war is the solution
    They want us to burn our resources, just don’t do it.
    Tough to do that when the majority of your alliance doesn’t want to and if you decide to leave you’ll also be taking a big chunk of the alliance with you…..

Gotta love Kabam! Thanks guys!
    That’s tough man, my case is simpler because I run the alliance and my guys are fed up with this, so we will choose the easy path.
  • Options
    Doctor_Doom94Doctor_Doom94 Posts: 55
    Seeing the situation all i can think of what really happening here.. with all the issues, ai & drop inputs.. we as players community making a fool of ourselves for expecting for kabam again & again after all such things keep happening & going to next level with every update.

• Options
    Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 542 ★★★

This Tactic needs to be addressed.

Honestly, Absman with Ibom and iceman can handle that. With the changes to tactic, it makes it a lot easier to deal with. I just shredded an Aarkus with absman this war.
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 463 ★★★
    Matty_Ice said:

Honestly, Absman with Ibom and iceman can handle that. With the changes to tactic, it makes it a lot easier to deal with. I just shredded an Aarkus with absman this war.
    what has been changed for Absman?
  • Options
    FunnyDude said:

Matty_Ice said:

Nothing changed to absman, but you can now use non tactic against tactic champs if you play right. Almost 1 shot a Nick fury last war with AA. I would have done it if I didn’t suck.

I’m not saying this tactic is good, but there are ways to play it to make it work.
  • Options
    Amms90Amms90 Posts: 335 ★★★
    Some defensive placements have no answers. All the changes to attack tactic are positive, all of them. It's a good job. But there are still unsolvable interactions. Season starting tomorrow with a total of 3 wars to do some testing (the new node has been out for 3 wars) and on top of that there's the issue with alliances not placing bosses/not placing global defenders. As a war planner, I don't understand how I'm supposed to plan. I need to imagine the desired interactions because there was not enough time for testing. Furthermore we met a few defensive placements roadblocks, which, like I said, are unsolvable matches. At least we couldn't find an adequate answer. For one that proved to be especially troublesome we theorized (couldnt test it) a single global attacker should work. But what happens if they ban that? That's 3 attack bonus gone? Maybe that same defender is placed on that node in every group so that makes it 9 certain deaths? I think some more testing is required and also the global attack pool is still lacking in certain utilities required to face certain defensive placements.
  • Options
    PIKESTAIN said:

Matty_Ice said:

FunnyDude said:

Matty_Ice said:

Nothing changed to absman, but you can now use non tactic against tactic champs if you play right. Almost 1 shot a Nick fury last war with AA. I would have done it if I didn’t suck.

I’m not saying this tactic is good, but there are ways to play it to make it work.
    Not trying to be a jerk but you’re T4? This isn’t going to work in the higher tiers as the indestructible refreshes way quicker.
    Very true. Speaking from my current perspective. The 12s refresh timer makes it a lot more feasible to use non tactic champs. The 5 second timer is insane and is way too short.
  • Options
    Amms90Amms90 Posts: 335 ★★★
    Matty_Ice said:

PIKESTAIN said:

Matty_Ice said:

FunnyDude said:

Matty_Ice said:

Not trying to be a jerk but you’re T4? This isn’t going to work in the higher tiers as the indestructible refreshes way quicker.
    Very true. Speaking from my current perspective. The 12s refresh timer makes it a lot more feasible to use non tactic champs. The 5 second timer is insane and is way too short.
    Yeah being in tier 1 we deal with the 5 seconds window. Which is insane indeed when paired with certain nodes and defender abilities
  • Options
    CobraSCobraS Posts: 56
    Lots of messages but where is kabam with their response the seems we are invisable at the momrnt. Something like we working on it could be nice already. Seems we dont matter that much anymore. When season starts i think they put the 1 loyalty 40% put of the game so we have to buy them with credits. It is all about making money nog about a fun environment where playing a nice game that can be played by all levels.

Now it is no fun, but hey the 40% revives will be used a lot, aslong we can still get them.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★
    Matty_Ice said:

Let me add: void is banned this war

, iceman, are probably going to be majority of attack bans this season.
    Don't manifest this into my world.
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 573 ★★★★
    great, no answer. another 6 more weeks of misery added to the 3 months we already had with crush.
  • Options
    GladsGlads Posts: 397 ★★★
    It is becoming very obvious here kabam has a plan. In my opinion it seems the are trying reduce loyalty from the game and have a greater mix of units or $. The last 3 metas, we have seen prowress which our alliance suffered huge loyalty loss, then crush which was worse and now this indestructible stuff. At the same time we have only seen a very small increase of loyalty, and a very small refinement of loyalty item costs, this cannot be argued.
    There also appears to be a plan to make average champs useful with attack tactics or questing like we have seen mercs side quest and pain quests. But the balance is off with average attack champs which a fair proportion of the community don't have ranked up because of lack of resources or whatever.this also comes down to chance rng of crystal opening. Magik champs I have no r7 r2, no 6star r5 and only 4 r4 champ.
    Sturdy was worse had 4 r3 champs, sure that might be a strategic error but at the moment I am getting 3 or 4 t3a and t6b cats no full r6cc. Considering there will be 2x 6 weeks of magick thief unless I $ materials I cannot rank the appropriate champs and am i going to spend a days pay to buy these no. Again evidence the game is aggressively moving to units based system, other evidence includes the nerf or revive farming.
    I think it's fair to say people want a challenge but when is too challenging. Our officers had decided after 2 practice wars we will only be doing 1 loyalty reviews, which is sad. As war is the most interesting challenging and changing component of the game which is being out priced loyalty/war/champs for the majority of people.
    While I am not the greatest player I am ok, p4 wars, top 400 aq 19k prestige.

• Options
    FrydayFryday Posts: 708 ★★★
    PIKESTAIN said:

T’was the night before alliance wars
    And all through the game
    Players were wondering
    How the tactic could stay the same!

While some are holding crystals to hoard,
    Others await here, as their concerns are ignored.
    Miike and Jax are nowhere to be found,
    Unfortunately for them, this forum post is still around.

We prepare for another poor war season.
    Can you examine this poorly designed tactic,
    Is that a good enough reason?

Members are retiring while others quit,
    Debating how a tactic can be such …..
    Good luck to all and switch to 1 loyalty war,
    Maybe Kabam will realize their decision was poor.

Could it be already that time of year?
    To be merry and all have a good cheer

No banquet crystals or red guy with shield.
    Just very cold and lot of heating bills.

No bills will be paid, we all will stay cold
    As new champions bundles are being sold.

Need them new Defenders for AW & BG
    Bulleyes, Onslaught, Serpent is all you will see.

Oh what fun we will have with this Magica
    Or maybe we all be emotional scar. 🤣🤣🤣