**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Do you still use suicides mastery?

AddictorAddictor Posts: 383 ★★★
edited March 11 in General Discussion
I’m a suicides user, but I just feel like currently the game is not suicides oriented, so many champs are not compatible with suicides, even new champs. So many top tier champs are not suicides friendly. I just wonder do you still use them?

Do you still use suicides mastery? 171 votes

Yes I use suicides every single day
29%
Crys23SnizzbarSpity68GK_23Maverick75Ragnarok13Leediman39CropDusterZACK_STRAKERIamnikeMoosetiptronicWebby72Scrubkiller_1SbkruebL0TUS_MANTISThiartclaserjohn26OGAvengerSuxy88Ambjony 51 votes
Nope, I don’t run suicides
46%
World EaterFreakydTalha305RajaMongoPawnLuciusVorenusTerrabryce7mFoxhero007PIKESTAINNOOOOOOOOPEEEEEMhd20034Sw0rdMasterCassyLiquidkoldIndioSkay1984AleorRookiieMoeyTehrLordSmasherCosmicSpider5 80 votes
I always switch back and forth
9%
GarloRasiloverRockyshockyDarth_SaintxxKINGxJULIANxxAomine_Daiki10Giantwalrus56LightsAnimeHickdog27Rainwind76BadMother2RikotreceJustSomeGuyMikes_momToproller89Maple111Blızzy 17 votes
I seldom use them
13%
ccrider474ChovnerMagrailothosfrodo2377Rayven5220PikoluSagacious0wlpontusumbraZeezoospsp742KRANꓘjcphillips7ErcarretMatty_IceraviXsharmaRiptidesherin_66TrendPriyabrataMiniMF 23 votes

Comments

• Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,375 ★★★★★
    I seldom use them
    I turn then on occasionally - like for Aegon in the Necropolis, or using Viv Vision to clear WoW Absman. Apart from that, I dislike the Recoil penalty too much.
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    I just recently bought them and they’re definitely nice to have. I don’t run them in bgs but in regular content I don’t see why not to use them. In casual questing like eq there’s generally no chance of
    you dying or needing to use items, so speed is what matters. Also arena is 1000x better with suicides on.
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,462 ★★★
    Yh no thanks
    "Hey guys to increase my damage i kill my champions"
    Imagine how that sounds to someone who doesn't play the game
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,683 Guardian
    I seldom use them
    They make my r5a Nebula absolutely insane, so they're fun to have once in awhile.
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 807 ★★★★
    edited March 11
    I seldom use them
    Flipped them on in November for aegon completion run of necro and left them on until last month for arena milestones. But I don’t like them for questing and aq.

And I hate switching between them.
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,037 ★★★
    I seldom use them
    I’ve found it better to have the points invested in MD, Deep Wounds, and Inequity instead.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,306 ★★★★★
    I play BGs every single day lately and have been for a while now so no.
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,113 ★★★★
    I like free healing in AQ, war and questing, so I run them. A lot. Because I'm a scrub and need the healing...

Changing Masteries is also an awful process.
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,694 ★★★★
    I have them on most of the time for arena grinding and AQ.
  • Options
    DerpyEagleDerpyEagle Posts: 455 ★★★
    Stress free

#saynotocides
  • Options
    doggydoggy Posts: 783 ★★★
    I hate suicide
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,483 ★★★★

Yh no thanks
    "Hey guys to increase my damage i kill my champions"
    Imagine how that sounds to someone who doesn't play the game

That has happened in video games since the invention of mmorpgs and probably before that in other games like d and d. I stopped playing in wrath but In the real wow two obvious examples were dps warriors wearing leather instead of plate to take more damage and build rage faster to do more damage and the whole warlock class is built on sacrificing life to cast spells quicker to do more damage. One of the major basis for black in mtg is sacrificing life to deal damage... so I think most people who play any type of game would actually be shocked this is a new or unique concept to you.
  • Options
    ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    Off for BGs and the odd challenge. I don't play BGs anymore anyway.
  • Options
    Greed_ExodusGreed_Exodus Posts: 188 ★★
    I wish I could just have them on for arena and nothing else, don’t see why kabam can’t make masteries selection per mode like BGs can, or better yet allow us to apply masteries differently to specific champs, like relics
  • Options
    GMAX77GMAX77 Posts: 505 ★★★
    I am in the camp which would very much like to see a mastery load out set up for the game, but since that is not the current reality I keep them on. Most of my rank ups focus on recoil mastery friendly champs, and for those that are not ideal users the increased damage (at least for me) is very worth it.
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,037 ★★★
    I seldom use them
    Curious, how many of you run them that are in high tier Plat/Masters AW? I know the consensus is "you don't run cides in BGs," but what about War? I feel it would be just as much a handicap in that mode as well, and I know y'all aren't spending units to turn on/off those each and every war now, c'mon.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,221 ★★★★★

Curious, how many of you run them that are in high tier Plat/Masters AW? I know the consensus is "you don't run cides in BGs," but what about War? I feel it would be just as much a handicap in that mode as well, and I know y'all aren't spending units to turn on/off those each and every war now, c'mon.

They don't run recoils in P2 and above.
    You can chill in a big roster whale+peasant alliances with full recoils 24x7.
    Mixed allinces, where few people always run them and few never.
  • Options
    Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 631 ★★★
    edited March 12
    I play with them since 2016. I spent hardly earned units to buy them.
    I have seen several changes on Recoil, several years ago.
    I have seen the silent change on Coagule mastery to not take Double Edge bleed anymore (and the change in its description), several years ago.
    I have seen the changes in their attack effects, several years ago.

They remain useful in some parts of the game, especially for arenas.
    As a lazy player that keeps his units, I do not change my masteries, whatever the activity is, whatever the node is.

I have read and heard a lot of criticisms and questions about them. These masteries remain the most discussed.
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,315 ★★★★
    I seldom use them
    I click the wrong one.. I don't run recoil mastery.. prefer mystic dispersion and deep wound.