**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Double Mediums Parried Again

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
Subject line says it all. I thought it happened to me last week in BGs, but can confirm it occurred with Black Cat in BGs tonight.

There are plenty of things wrong with the AI abilities, but this is something that was fixed previously.

Dr. Zola

Comments

• Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    Yeah its ridiculous, not only i had my Silk parried on a double medium hit, I also had her parried on a passive stun heavy.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Subject line says it all. I thought it happened to me last week in BGs, but can confirm it occurred with Black Cat in BGs tonight.

There are plenty of things wrong with the AI abilities, but this is something that was fixed previously.

Dr. Zola

Wait it stopped?!?this has been a problem since the EoP Blade update. Ever since then double mediums are a negative design feature, and its been ignored so long
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,410 ★★★★★
    They said they had to revert the fix to this as it made ai not throw specials there still working on a way to fix this that wont break the ai
  • Options
    ShuGokisShuGokis Posts: 410 ★★★
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Been happening to me a lot in arena. Sometimes in quests, it is starting to get on my nerves.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,410 ★★★★★
    NüΚΞ said:

Bendy said:

They said they had to revert the fix to this as it made ai not throw specials there still working on a way to fix this that wont break the ai

AI still not throwing specials and we still get parried on double mediums. 😂😂
    True still id say its worse after the revert where they hold longer
  • Options
    BigBlueOx said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Wait it stopped?!?this has been a problem since the EoP Blade update. Ever since then double mediums are a negative design feature, and its been ignored so long
    There was a brief point a couple of metas ago in BGs when it stopped—either that or my Werewolf stopped doing double mediums. Regardless, it’s here now.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    SmallTimeANTSmallTimeANT Posts: 216
    Yep silk got parried when I was hitting into Peni block. Thought I was trippin too until it happened again later in the fight smh
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★
    I don't get it I really don't, double medium parries crept in,so they put in a fix that ended up having AI holding specials and being passive, so they undone the fix so now AI can parry double hits but are still as passive as ever and hold specials. Starting to think that dice they roll is loaded.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,336 ★★★★★
    edited March 13
    You know what's worst?

ladyD synergy insists on hitting enemy on block to gain power, but can't do that because now you get parried instead

Literally game breaking !!! Kabam
  • Options
    OldManHopOldManHop Posts: 90
    Getting Thronebreaker with this AI was a true nightmare.

I don't even want to mention how many units I spent.
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike is this on anyone’s radar?

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,174 ★★★
    This is a very big problem. There is currently an attack tactics for war going on where you want to attack opponent block with a light attack to gain prowess. But how to do that with 1st double medium champs? They get consistently parried on their next light attack on block. Either solve this issue as there are so many double medium champs in game. Or atleast remove double medium champs from attack tactics as they are almost unusable. This consistently happens in war and BGs because of involvement of parry mastery from opponent. You wouldn't observe it much in EQ for example. Please a resolution on this issue needs to be done.. Sincerely requesting kabam and game team. 🙏
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★

At what point does a bug you plan to fix just become status quo and you start designing around it?

I don’t know if we’re there yet but at some point that threshold gets crossed and designing champs with double mediums seems illogical unless the intent is that they become risky choices for PvP content.

Even worse they design PvP content has us hit block with double medium champs in the attack pool… because logic!
  • Options
    Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,174 ★★★
    Still there is no mention on this issue from game team? I wonder when will they even notice or even want to do anything on this issue. War season already begun.
  • Options
    Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Tell me about it bro. I thought there was some autoblock thing in play or an ability that I hadn't read properly when it happened to me. But no, another day, another bug. Foolish of me, really, not to jump to the immediate conclusion that it was a bug. Guess I'll learn for next time...
  • Options
    DrZola said:

@Kabam Miike is this on anyone’s radar?

Dr. Zola

Going to ask again: is this being looked at?

Dr. Zola