**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Magic Heist has 0 tolerance ?

PowMPowM Posts: 3
The Magic Heist event is giving 2 tickets every day for Paragon and above players. The tickets have a timer showing the end of the full event, so the first day me and a lot of players saw the ticket with a 21 days timer and just thought "oh I have time for this" and focused on other things like BG, SQ and EQ. Then we realized the next day that this was resetting every day but not stacking. So this made a lot of players miss 2 tickets.
After this, if you miss one more single ticket in 3 weeks, you can't get the 6R5 gem. Personally I missed one more day because I was in hospital. Now I can't get the 6R5 gem...
Why do Kabam needed to make the event in a way you can miss a day and not be able to catch up the next one ? Normally objectives can stack or you just have steps to complete like in the "Powerful Women" one or the "We tend to..." and "...finish each other sentences".
I've seen a lot people in the game chat and also in alliances complaining about the fact that they missed the ranking gem because of this and it's sad to notice that people now complain about missing the gem when in the first place everybody was thankful to the devs for offering a 6R5 gem.
Do you think Kabam should try to fix this in any way (ex : adding 1 day or anything else) and have a little tolerance to let people get the gem ?

Comments

• Options
    Cap_MuricaCap_Murica Posts: 159 ★★
    edited March 13
    No! It's fine the way it is.
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 814 ★★★
    edited March 13
    If you missed 2 days you may still get the gem since you see I only have to play 5 more days to get 40 points to get that rank 5 gem

• Options
    PowMPowM Posts: 3
    DNA3000 said:

PowM said:

The Magic Heist event is giving 2 tickets every day for Paragon and above players. The tickets have a timer showing the end of the full event, so the first day me and a lot of players saw the ticket with a 21 days timer and just thought "oh I have time for this" and focused on other things like BG, SQ and EQ. Then we realized the next day that this was resetting every day but not stacking. So this made a lot of players miss 2 tickets.
    After this, if you miss one more single ticket in 3 weeks, you can't get the 6R5 gem. Personally I missed one more day because I was in hospital. Now I can't get the 6R5 gem...
    Why do Kabam needed to make the event in a way you can miss a day and not be able to catch up the next one ? Normally objectives can stack or you just have steps to complete like in the "Powerful Women" one or the "We tend to..." and "...finish each other sentences".
    I've seen a lot people in the game chat and also in alliances complaining about the fact that they missed the ranking gem because of this and it's sad to notice that people now complain about missing the gem when in the first place everybody was thankful to the devs for offering a 6R5 gem.
    Do you think Kabam should try to fix this in any way (ex : adding 1 day or anything else) and have a little tolerance to let people get the gem ?

It is a 6* rank 5 gem, one of the most valuable rewards in the game at the moment. How many days do you believe players should be allowed to miss, and still get this reward? Where else can you get this reward, and how hard is it to get everywhere else?

Often, events of the form "log in every day and get X" are more participation trophies than anything else, The rewards in them are good, but rarely progression significant. They are, for lack of a better way of putting it, "normal rewards." The kind of stuff we get every day or every month. The 6R5 rank up gem is not that kind of reward. It is the sort of thing you would expect for doing high difficulty things. If it was in the arena, I would expect it to take hundreds of rounds to get it. If it was in incursions I would expect it to be a zone 25 reward. If it was in monthly content I would expect it to be in something much harder than Para Gauntlet in difficulty.

Instead, it is in a "log in every day and do an objective" milestone. With one exception, I expect it to take logging in every single day to get it. The one exception being, I get that some players missed day one before they fully learned about the precise requirements. That's unfortunate, although I don't know how you would go about addressing it. But beyond that, asking players to log in once a day and do a couple arena rounds is not asking too much for a rank 5 gem.

There is no "normally" in this event, because this is an event with an extremely valuable reward, justifying extremely difficult requirements. It isn't easy to log in every day and do the arena rounds. It is that very consistency that is being tested. Beyond that, there is literally no difficulty at all. A blind person could literally get this reward. Without that requirement, there is no requirement: it is just a give away.

Yeah I understand what you mean and I agree with you. The 6R5 gem is a reward that you need to earn through difficulty, and this is the issue : it's not.

With a hard challenge, you are either able to do it or not but you have time for it, in all the examples you used (arena points, incursions etc...) it can be as hard as you want you can miss a day and still progress the other days. You just need to complete it. Winter of Woe or the past Road to the Crypt are also good examples.

But making an event like the Magic Heist actually is : an easy challenge that need to be repeated every day is one of the most unfair method. People that connect only 10 minutes every day just to win 6 arena fights and do nothing else will have better chances to get the supposedly hard to obtain gem than people being on the game 5h a day, ready for the hardest challenges but who need to miss a day or two in a month.

I personally think that being able to connect every single day without interruption in a long period of time or needing to miss a day or two should not influence the awards as long as you compensate the day you missed with a double investment the following days.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★

If you are able to miss 1 day its not 0 tolerance...

I missed two. Not that I'm crying about it. I was busy one of the days. I suppose no matter what the cutoff is, someone will always be just under.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,734 ★★★★★

I missed two. Not that I'm crying about it. I was busy one of the days. I suppose no matter what the cutoff is, someone will always be just under.
    Yeah, its the way it goes, if there was a 15 day grace period people would miss 16...
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,777 ★★★★

Correct, 1 in 21 days can be missed so there's 4% tolerance.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,328 ★★★★★
    edited March 14
    Spot on, Kabam's little timer mistake has cost lots of players

This all could've been avoided if timer was of 24 hours, indicating players that this is time sensitive task, the fact that the objective timer was 20 days or something is the reason why most players got tricked.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,328 ★★★★★

I hope you get 25% cc in your upcoming raid chests 🙄
  • Options
    Cap_MuricaCap_Murica Posts: 159 ★★
    PT_99 said:

I hope you get 25% cc in your upcoming raid chests 🙄
    It is what it is.....🤷‍♀️

• Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,462 ★★★
    Ashacekar said:

Correct, 1 in 21 days can be missed so there's 4% tolerance.
    Damn it, I read this thread earlier but wasn't on this device and I don't know the password so couldn't comment. I did the math then and was gonna comment now but u beat me to it🥲
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    PowM said:

DNA3000 said:

PowM said:

It is a 6* rank 5 gem, one of the most valuable rewards in the game at the moment. How many days do you believe players should be allowed to miss, and still get this reward? Where else can you get this reward, and how hard is it to get everywhere else?

Often, events of the form "log in every day and get X" are more participation trophies than anything else, The rewards in them are good, but rarely progression significant. They are, for lack of a better way of putting it, "normal rewards." The kind of stuff we get every day or every month. The 6R5 rank up gem is not that kind of reward. It is the sort of thing you would expect for doing high difficulty things. If it was in the arena, I would expect it to take hundreds of rounds to get it. If it was in incursions I would expect it to be a zone 25 reward. If it was in monthly content I would expect it to be in something much harder than Para Gauntlet in difficulty.

Instead, it is in a "log in every day and do an objective" milestone. With one exception, I expect it to take logging in every single day to get it. The one exception being, I get that some players missed day one before they fully learned about the precise requirements. That's unfortunate, although I don't know how you would go about addressing it. But beyond that, asking players to log in once a day and do a couple arena rounds is not asking too much for a rank 5 gem.

There is no "normally" in this event, because this is an event with an extremely valuable reward, justifying extremely difficult requirements. It isn't easy to log in every day and do the arena rounds. It is that very consistency that is being tested. Beyond that, there is literally no difficulty at all. A blind person could literally get this reward. Without that requirement, there is no requirement: it is just a give away.
    Yeah I understand what you mean and I agree with you. The 6R5 gem is a reward that you need to earn through difficulty, and this is the issue : it's not.

With a hard challenge, you are either able to do it or not but you have time for it, in all the examples you used (arena points, incursions etc...) it can be as hard as you want you can miss a day and still progress the other days. You just need to complete it. Winter of Woe or the past Road to the Crypt are also good examples.

But making an event like the Magic Heist actually is : an easy challenge that need to be repeated every day is one of the most unfair method. People that connect only 10 minutes every day just to win 6 arena fights and do nothing else will have better chances to get the supposedly hard to obtain gem than people being on the game 5h a day, ready for the hardest challenges but who need to miss a day or two in a month.

I personally think that being able to connect every single day without interruption in a long period of time or needing to miss a day or two should not influence the awards as long as you compensate the day you missed with a double investment the following days.
    You are defining "difficulty" in a very specific way. Rather than get into a semantic argument, I will simply state that the rewards in the Magic Heist milestones challenge the player to complete the requirements. Those requirements have specific parameters the player must satisfy. Whether you choose to call those requirements "difficult" or just "inconvenient" is irrelevant.

Suppose I were to say that the rewards given in Alliance War and Alliance Quest are not difficult to get, they are just inconvenient because I do not wish to be a member of an alliance and have people tell me what to do and when to play. Because they are not difficult it is unfair that I cannot get them in another way. Only difficult things should be the requirement for rewards, and AW and AQ are not difficult. Is that a reasonable complaint?

Many players have a bias towards defining "skill" and "difficulty" in only one very specific direction. Twitch skills are the only real skills, and fights that require them are the only real difficulty. But that's not the case. Roster management is a valid skill. Game knowledge (or at least the acquisition of it) is a real skill. Those things can be challenged, and if a player fails to understand the nodes in a fight that is a skill issue no different from them being unable to intercept properly.

And time management is a real skill that can be challenged as well.