**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Loyalty Shatter Token Missing

IsThisLossIsThisLoss Posts: 257 ★★
Am i understanding things incorrectly or is there no tokens available for purchase and only shatter? i bought 4 shatter with 400k loyalty but there’s nowhere to buy the tokens to trade for the 7 star shards….?

Comments

• Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Yea I believe I misread the thing myself. I was under the impression I could trade in 100k loyalty for a crystal shatter OR 1000 7* shards. Or at the very least, 100k loyalty for a token that could then be used for the 7* shards.

I’ve got 1.2 mil loyalty and I was really hoping I could open another 7* crystal, but looks like I might be forced to do the Loyalty Crystal again and just get a few thousand 7* shards after the Showcase event goes live.
  • Options
    IsThisLossIsThisLoss Posts: 257 ★★

here miike even confirms the tokens can be bought with loyalty (not loyalty shatter, the person said when can we buy tokens with loyalty)
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    Will we be able to buy a loyalty crystal or have to wait another 17 days for the timer to re-set? Also, why the timer?
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,675 Guardian

Will we be able to buy a loyalty crystal or have to wait another 17 days for the timer to re-set? Also, why the timer?

Timer is there because the ability to hoard loyalty is practically infinite, and it would have been much more expensive just so people with 10mil+ loyalty wouldn't get a huge advantage on the rest of everyone else (even though practically no one would have ever been able to open them)

By having a limiter, they can make them a lot less expensive.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★

Shatter Tokens can be traded for either Loyalty Crystal Shatter or 7-star shards. This is so that players can choose between the Loyalty Crystal and regular 7-star crystal with their AW rewards

Loyalty can be traded for Loyalty Crystal Shatter. This means players can mix and match different amounts of Shatter Tokens and Loyalty to get the 15 necessary Loyalty Crystal Shatter to buy the 7-star Loyalty Crystal

Loyalty Crystal Shatter can be traded for the Loyalty crystal.

You cannot trade Loyalty for 7-star shards through this system. That is the entire reason two different resources (the tokens and the shatter) were added.

"You cannot trade Loyalty for 7-star shards through this system" would have been nice to put front and center for clarity. People got excited for nothing.
    well technically you can trade loyalty for 7 star shards. you just have to buy the "shatter" first and then that "shatter" can be used to get those 7 star shards. one extra step sure .. but technically it's not different than using 100K loyalty directly. you're still getting the end goal which is 1K seven star shards with loyalty.

• Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★
    I’m so confused - I spent 100k on what exactly? Where do I get this ‘shatter’?
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,462 ★★★

Shatter Tokens can be traded for either Loyalty Crystal Shatter or 7-star shards. This is so that players can choose between the Loyalty Crystal and regular 7-star crystal with their AW rewards

Loyalty can be traded for Loyalty Crystal Shatter. This means players can mix and match different amounts of Shatter Tokens and Loyalty to get the 15 necessary Loyalty Crystal Shatter to buy the 7-star Loyalty Crystal

You cannot trade Loyalty for 7-star shards through this system. That is the entire reason two different resources (the tokens and the shatter) were added.

Bruh I was muttering this under my breath on the underground I sounded like a nut
  • Options
    Too much shatter bruh
  • Options
    Deacon said:

"You cannot trade Loyalty for 7-star shards through this system" would have been nice to put front and center for clarity. People got excited for nothing.
    well technically you can trade loyalty for 7 star shards. you just have to buy the "shatter" first and then that "shatter" can be used to get those 7 star shards. one extra step sure .. but technically it's not different than using 100K loyalty directly. you're still getting the end goal which is 1K seven star shards with loyalty.

According to crashed you can only use loyalty to directly get loyalty crystal Shatter, if I understood correctly
  • Options
    I got this

How tf do I get this

• Options
    Rookiie said:

I got this

How tf do I get this

Shatter crystals and loyalty shatter crystals are 2 different things
  • Options
    Where are the shatter crystals?
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,283 ★★★★★
    Rookiie said:

I got this

How tf do I get this

That's the thing. There's no path to go from Loyalty to 7 star shards.
  • Options
    MasterA said:

Would’ve been really nice to know. Just wasted 400k loyalty on these thinking I could trade them for 7 star shards

Technically you can still get a 7 star out of it
  • Options

Rookiie said:

I got this

How tf do I get this

That's the thing. There's no path to go from Loyalty to 7 star shards.

• Options
    JoSpidey_10JoSpidey_10 Posts: 82
    So loyalty can only be spent on the shatters which gives me shards for a 7* LOYALTY crystal and shatter token are only from aw whcih can give either 7* loyalty shards or normal 7* shards?
  • Options
    Atta_MasterAtta_Master Posts: 34

So loyalty can only be spent on the shatters which gives me shards for a 7* LOYALTY crystal and shatter token are only from aw whcih can give either 7* loyalty shards or normal 7* shards?

Yes
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,969 ★★★★★

Shatter tokens will also be available in the Alliance War Showcase event next week
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,691 ★★★★

That’s what it looks like. So, if you are sitting on 870k of loyalty like I am, you can use the 7 shatter crystals from the Showcase to get over the top on a 7* Loyalty crystal. Or I could convert those 7 shatter crystals into 7k 7* shards.

For me, assuming I’m able to complete the showcase I’ll be going for a 7* loyalty crystal - want to dup my black cat or my HtG.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Timer is there because the ability to hoard loyalty is practically infinite, and it would have been much more expensive just so people with 10mil+ loyalty wouldn't get a huge advantage on the rest of everyone else (even though practically no one would have ever been able to open them)

Who the hell is sitting on that much Loyalty?
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,283 ★★★★★

Pikolu said:

Who the hell is sitting on that much Loyalty?
    The mega hoarders that seemingly don't open anything and have thousands upon thousands of crystals and every other non-stash item. Items that they're refusing to use until Kabam periodically makes them because they're bogging down the system.