**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Loyalty Shatter Token Missing

Comments

• Options
    Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 641 ★★★
    Deacon said:

So basically they took the seven star shards from War and turned them into tokens that give you the exact amount of seven star shards anyway via exchange in the Loyalty store.

I'm failing to see the choice here?? Or why this was even necessary when they've actually given an illusion of choice smh.

If I don't want a Loyalty crystal . I can use my Loyalty to buy Shatter which gets me nothing but a Loyalty crystal. So exactly how am I using my loyalty differently?

Now that I see this it makes no sense to have even been implemented. You turned shards into tokens so that we can visit the store to get those same shards back and put it under the guise of choice?

There's zero choice here .. either you use loyalty to buy a loyalty crystal or not. Loyalty can still ONLY be used for the Loyalty crystal.

So should we feel cool to now have to trade our tokens in for shards or feel good that you've turned our shards into an opportunity to get Shatter for a Loyalty crystal?

It’s a choice because before the only way to get the loyalty crystal is by buying with loyalty. But now you get tokens from AW season rewards that you can use to get the crystal. You need 15 tokens to get the loyalty crystal. For people who don’t like the loyalty crystal can use those tokens to get regular 7* shards so that nobody is forced to buy the loyalty crystal if they don’t want to. So you can still use your loyalty for other stuff and still be able to get the loyalty crystal through season rewards or if you are impatient, you can still spend your loyalty to buy the crystal like normal. I’m not saying it’s a good or bad system. Just explaining where the choice is.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,069 ★★★★★

Deacon said:

So basically they took the seven star shards from War and turned them into tokens that give you the exact amount of seven star shards anyway via exchange in the Loyalty store.

I'm failing to see the choice here?? Or why this was even necessary when they've actually given an illusion of choice smh.

If I don't want a Loyalty crystal . I can use my Loyalty to buy Shatter which gets me nothing but a Loyalty crystal. So exactly how am I using my loyalty differently?

Now that I see this it makes no sense to have even been implemented. You turned shards into tokens so that we can visit the store to get those same shards back and put it under the guise of choice?

There's zero choice here .. either you use loyalty to buy a loyalty crystal or not. Loyalty can still ONLY be used for the Loyalty crystal.

So should we feel cool to now have to trade our tokens in for shards or feel good that you've turned our shards into an opportunity to get Shatter for a Loyalty crystal?

It’s a choice because before the only way to get the loyalty crystal is by buying with loyalty. But now you get tokens from AW season rewards that you can use to get the crystal. You need 15 tokens to get the loyalty crystal. For people who don’t like the loyalty crystal can use those tokens to get regular 7* shards so that nobody is forced to buy the loyalty crystal if they don’t want to. So you can still use your loyalty for other stuff and still be able to get the loyalty crystal through season rewards or if you are impatient, you can still spend your loyalty to buy the crystal like normal. I’m not saying it’s a good or bad system. Just explaining where the choice is.
    I don't think you quite understand. The only way to get a loyalty crystal is STILL with only loyalty. There is no choice. I suppose what they've actually done is give you more of an opportunity to obtain a Loyalty crystal at a faster clip by getting rid of seven star shards and turning them into tokens.

But was that ever a cry from the community??? Give me a faster climb to a Loyalty Crystal?

But yeah you do realize that these tokens were just swapped out for the same seven star shards you would typically get so you want me to say yay for making me choose the same seven star shards I wanted in the first place if I'm someone who had no interest in the Loyalty Crystal? That's not much of a choice .. just a clever Jedi mind trick.

No one has ever been forced to buy the Loyalty Crystal ... the complaint has always been how much it is and the champs that are in it. I guess they interpreted it as if the community wanted to use shards for these crystals .. who knows.

• Options
    arifin74arifin74 Posts: 104
    Clyneva said:

Lol, this reads like a literal textbook example of unnecessary, convoluted game design:

1.) You've introduced two new currencies that share the same first three words in their name. That's begging for confusion. Why not call the tokens something else? Call them War Medals, or War Shard Vouchers or even just War Tokens. Something to indicate the functional difference between the two currencies: One used to buy different types of shards, the other is a fraction of a Loyalty crystal.

2.)Speaking of functional differences, what is the actual difference between a "Crystal Shatter" and the crystal shards you use for other crystals? You have an almost decade old currency framework for describing a fraction of a crystal. Why introduce a new term for the exact same thing? Just call them Loyalty Crystal Shards.

3.)And all this for what? The goal seems to be to offer the choice of getting 1/15th of a loyalty crystal instead of 1k 7* shards. There's no need for two new currencies to do that. Why not just give a a selection box reward offering 100k Loyalty or 1k 7* shards? Same result with zero new currencies.

4.) Lastly, as others have mentioned, I'd love to see the metric in a month for how many people actually benefited from having this "choice." My impression is that anyone placing high enough to earn these tokens are either already buying the Loyalty Crystal on cooldown or have no interest in them.

1 & 2, wonderfully explained
  • Options
    FolkvangrFolkvangr Posts: 90
    Deacon said:

Deacon said:

I don't think you quite understand. The only way to get a loyalty crystal is STILL with only loyalty. There is no choice. I suppose what they've actually done is give you more of an opportunity to obtain a Loyalty crystal at a faster clip by getting rid of seven star shards and turning them into tokens.

But was that ever a cry from the community??? Give me a faster climb to a Loyalty Crystal?

But yeah you do realize that these tokens were just swapped out for the same seven star shards you would typically get so you want me to say yay for making me choose the same seven star shards I wanted in the first place if I'm someone who had no interest in the Loyalty Crystal? That's not much of a choice .. just a clever Jedi mind trick.

No one has ever been forced to buy the Loyalty Crystal ... the complaint has always been how much it is and the champs that are in it. I guess they interpreted it as if the community wanted to use shards for these crystals .. who knows.

This was made to allow players to use their loyalty in war boosts or potions and still be able to get loyalty crystals
    Before, you had to choose between saving for the crystal or spending your loyalty on something else
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
    edited March 15
    Looking at Season Rewards, the new token is available Top 900 alliances, or Platinum and above.

Apparently, there’s the ability to get 7 tokens via the new solo AW showcase thing as well. The tokens can be traded for 1000 7* shards each OR kept and collected until you get 15 of them (then you can turn them into a “shatter” and trade them for the traditional Loyalty 7* crystal).

The functionality that gets added is that you can use loyalty to buy the new token now. Then, you get to decide if you want to use those tokens on basic 7* shards or for loyalty 7* “shatters” that can only be used to the 7* loyalty crystal.

Nothing has changed the cost of the 7* loyalty crystal. But, with the solo AW showcase thing it may be somewhat easier to obtain them.

At least that’s how I now understand it.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Deacon said:

Deacon said:

You are the one that’s not understanding anything. Loyalty is not the only way to buy the loyalty crystal. That’s the whole point of the system. The AW season rewards give you another way to do it. Like I said before, I’m not saying it’s a good or bad system they are implementing. But you need to use facts if you are trying to argue your point to Kabam if you are trying to change their minds.
  • Options
    GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    This makes me wonder if the tokens will be used for other things in the future

if not, the Shatter system feels pretty silly
  • Options
    edited March 15

Deacon said:

Deacon said:

You are the one that’s not understanding anything. Loyalty is not the only way to buy the loyalty crystal. That’s the whole point of the system. The AW season rewards give you another way to do it. Like I said before, I’m not saying it’s a good or bad system they are implementing. But you need to use facts if you are trying to argue your point to Kabam if you are trying to change their minds.
    These tokens are trivial mate to anyone not in a top alliance who are getting enough to matter ... if you're applauding the fact that in 8 war seasons you can use what were previously your seven star shards to buy Loyalty Shatter then good on you.

They literally just turned your seven star shards into tokens so you could buy a loyalty crystal in a new exciting way. Except it's not.

No one hoards loyalty because they want to spend it on all the cool stuff instead of "having" to spend it on a Loyalty crystal and no one is hoarding it to spend on a Loyalty crystal ... people hoard loyalty because there's nothing worth spending it on Loyalty crystal included.

What this will do is cause more hoarding because you're essentially saving people 100K loyalty per token... do you think ANYONE is going to use these tokens for a Loyalty crystal? No. They'll use them for the seven star shards and just hoard more loyalty smh
  • Options
    M0NKEYNUTSM0NKEYNUTS Posts: 90
    DrZola said:

The functionality that gets added is that you can use loyalty to buy the new token now.

Is this true? I do not see Loyalty Crystal Shatter Tokens available for purchase in Loyalty Store using loyalty.

I think that is why some folks are upset.

• Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,285 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Looking at Season Rewards, the new token is available Top 900 alliances, or Platinum and above.

Apparently, there’s the ability to get 7 tokens via the new solo AW showcase thing as well. The tokens can be traded for 1000 7* shards each OR kept and collected until you get 15 of them (then you can turn them into a “shatter” and trade them for the traditional Loyalty 7* crystal).

The functionality that gets added is that you can use loyalty to buy the new token now. Then, you get to decide if you want to use those tokens on basic 7* shards or for loyalty 7* “shatters” that can only be used to the 7* loyalty crystal.

Nothing has changed the cost of the 7* loyalty crystal. But, with the solo AW showcase thing it may be somewhat easier to obtain them.

At least that’s how I now understand it.

Dr. Zola

This is what everyone is saying about it being too complicated. You can't use loyalty to buy tokens. They already had the loyalty currency, they could have just offered more loyalty and also put more stuff in the loyalty store.
  • Options
    @BigPoppaCBONE and @M0NKEYNUTS good catch—you can’t buy it directly.

Which lends credence to the argument that unnecessary convolution is…well, unnecessary.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Posts: 113 ★★
    So “loyalty crystal shatter” = “loyalty crystal [7*] shards”?

• Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,462 ★★★
    FYI guys, from the Alliance War Showcase which is launching on Monday, 6 pm UK time, update time for everyone, you can sell the tokens you get there for 7 star shards. 2 for completion 5 for exploration , each gives 1k 7 star shards if u sell, iir all this info correctly
  • Options

Not sure if this flow chart will help or not, to visualize how the conversion works, it helped me.

The visual learner in me thanks you.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,094 ★★★
    Oh geez. 15 shatter shards=1 loyalty crystal. Still 1.5 million loyalty. If you don’t want loyalty crystal turn in each shatter shard for 1 k 7 star shards.
  • Options
    Deacon said:

Deacon said:

This is just not true at all lol

You can obtain the shattered tokens from end of season AW rewards, and through the new AW side quest.
    That's now two new ways to obtain the Loyalty Crystal that doesn't deplete your Loyalty.

If you don't want the Loyalty crystal, and would prefer the 7 Star Shards you always got from AW rewards, you can choose to keep that consistent. You could also continue to purchase the Crystal using only Loyalty, if you choose.

From players who push war, the "cry" has been that it's no fun to have to choose between using Loyalty on War consumables or the 7 Star Loyalty Crystal. It's a trade off that never made much sense, tbh.

If you don't push war, and subsequently have a surplus of Loyalty just sitting around, that's all well and good - but lots of players in T1 war have been griping about this since the crystal launched.
    This fixes the wonky system pretty effectively.
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,552 ★★★★
    So Spend 100,000 loyalty to get apparently 1 Loyalty Crystal Shatter then what?
    Where are the loyalty crystal shatters in our inventory?
  • Options
    FolkvangrFolkvangr Posts: 90
    Bulmkt said:

So Spend 100,000 loyalty to get apparently 1 Loyalty Crystal Shatter then what?
    Where are the loyalty crystal shatters in our inventory?

Gather 15 shatters and you can trade them for a 7 star loyalty crystal

• Options

Deacon said:

Deacon said:

You can obtain the shattered tokens from end of season AW rewards, and through the new AW side quest.
    That's now two new ways to obtain the Loyalty Crystal that doesn't deplete your Loyalty.

If you don't want the Loyalty crystal, and would prefer the 7 Star Shards you always got from AW rewards, you can choose to keep that consistent. You could also continue to purchase the Crystal using only Loyalty, if you choose.

From players who push war, the "cry" has been that it's no fun to have to choose between using Loyalty on War consumables or the 7 Star Loyalty Crystal. It's a trade off that never made much sense, tbh.

If you don't push war, and subsequently have a surplus of Loyalty just sitting around, that's all well and good - but lots of players in T1 war have been griping about this since the crystal launched.
    oh I quite understand that quite well ... which is why I said this is pretty trivial to anyone not in a T1 war alliance as you mentioned. which is yet another subject about the constant changes to please the 1%.

but i mean hey .. it's something for some people and not something for others. i don't know of many beyond T1 i guess crying about consumables because down in the peasant tiers lol ... it's not necessary.
  • Options
    Deacon said:

Deacon said:

Deacon said:

oh I quite understand that quite well ... which is why I said this is pretty trivial to anyone not in a T1 war alliance as you mentioned. which is yet another subject about the constant changes to please the 1%.

but i mean hey .. it's something for some people and not something for others. i don't know of many beyond T1 i guess crying about consumables because down in the peasant tiers lol ... it's not necessary.
    But you understand this change was not made to give people more rewards, just give easier access to something without changing the reward structure? Nobody is getting more of something than they would normally get from finishing in their current position in war. It's the same thing with people finishing in lets say mysterium I in BGs. They all get the same rewards and number of BG tokens, but not everybody spends them the same way. Same thing here.
  • Options
    Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 929 ★★★★
    Dude. I absolutely do not understand the logic behind this setup. The loyalty shatter shards are only good for getting the loyalty 7* crystal? So why even put that into the store? If someone wants the 7* crystal from loyalty store they're just going to save up and get it.

Why create a new confusing system, for no good reason. Unless I'm missing something?
  • Options
    SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,167 ★★★★
    Alternative solution:

War gives War conversion crystals (no complex name).

1 War conversion crystal can be traded for either 100k loyalty or 1k 7 star shards

If there are concerns about the loyalty 7 star crystal, increase buying limit to 2

Should end confusion.
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 819 ★★★★
    edited March 16

Dude. I absolutely do not understand the logic behind this setup. The loyalty shatter shards are only good for getting the loyalty 7* crystal? So why even put that into the store? If someone wants the 7* crystal from loyalty store they're just going to save up and get it.

Why create a new confusing system, for no good reason. Unless I'm missing something?

Because now there's a way to buy the crystal without spending your loyalty.

You can buy the Loyalty 7* Shards with your loyalty - as always. No change. But now you can buy the shards with the shatter tokens.

You earn the tokens as part of Alliance War and, apparently, some other upcoming content/challenges.

The tokens can also be spent on generic 7* shards. Loyalty cannot.

Loyalty can now be more freely spent on consumables, while you use the tokens you earn to buy the shards for either the 7* Loyalty Crystal or the generic 7* shards. Or, if you're not buying consumables, you can spend your loyalty on the 7* Loyalty Crystal (shards) as always.