Introducing Sagas! More Rewards, More Power for your Champions, and More Fun!

13»

Comments

• jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,392 ★★★★
    Siliyo said:

Siliyo said:

What’s disappointing is the daily objectives not stacking, thus forcing players to do everything daily (milking players to log in, or at least that’s how it feels like). You know from Side Quests players don’t enjoy that, I’m not sure why you thought implementing it elsewhere would work

I mean I’m not a fan of time-gated events either, but doing 6 arena fights a day is not the end of the world and takes a lot less time than doing a complete side quest. Not sure why you wouldn’t be logging in daily to begin with since you miss out on so many calendar things by not doing that.
    Evidently you don’t do arena as often as other people do (and that’s okay). So let me break it down for you: The daily objectives reset every day at 1pm EST. If you’re Paragon+, you’d need to use your 7*s (which have an 11 hour cool down period). Because of the long cooldown period, you’re *forced* to wait until the new arena daily objectives in order to complete them
    You would be correct in your assumption. I don’t arena grind that often. Only when a special arena shows up, or I feel like hitting base milestones for a few additional units. I’m quite aware of the cooldown period of 7*s, but for this particular arena that’s a moot point for me, as I have plenty of 7*s to use which I’d assume the same of any Valiant or Paragon that’s teetering the line of Valiant.

Now if you’re a player who’s at this stage of the game and doing this arena, while also trying to pump routine numbers into the other arenas that allow 7*s, then yes, I could see how this might be a problem. But I suppose sacrifices must be made.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,664 ★★★★★
    Siliyo said:

Siliyo said:

What’s disappointing is the daily objectives not stacking, thus forcing players to do everything daily (milking players to log in, or at least that’s how it feels like). You know from Side Quests players don’t enjoy that, I’m not sure why you thought implementing it elsewhere would work

I mean I’m not a fan of time-gated events either, but doing 6 arena fights a day is not the end of the world and takes a lot less time than doing a complete side quest. Not sure why you wouldn’t be logging in daily to begin with since you miss out on so many calendar things by not doing that.
    Evidently you don’t do arena as often as other people do (and that’s okay). So let me break it down for you: The daily objectives reset every day at 1pm EST. If you’re Paragon+, you’d need to use your 7*s (which have an 11 hour cool down period). Because of the long cooldown period, you’re *forced* to wait until the new arena daily objectives in order to complete them
    Thats only a problem if you have less than 6 7* as a paragon player.
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,304 ★★★★

Siliyo said:

Siliyo said:

You would be correct in your assumption. I don’t arena grind that often. Only when a special arena shows up, or I feel like hitting base milestones for a few additional units. I’m quite aware of the cooldown period of 7*s, but for this particular arena that’s a moot point for me, as I have plenty of 7*s to use which I’d assume the same of any Valiant or Paragon that’s teetering the line of Valiant.

Now if you’re a player who’s at this stage of the game and doing this arena, while also trying to pump routine numbers into the other arenas that allow 7*s, then yes, I could see how this might be a problem. But I suppose sacrifices must be made.
    They're DAILY objectives. Why on earth would they stack?
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,392 ★★★★

Siliyo said:

Siliyo said:

Did you mean to quote me? I'm well aware they're daily objectives and made no statement that insinuates that they could be stacked.
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,304 ★★★★

Siliyo said:

Siliyo said:

Did you mean to quote me? I'm well aware they're daily objectives and made no statement that insinuates that they could be stacked.
    Nope. Looks like it screwed it up (blaming technology here and not my own distraction) was meaning to quote this:

Siliyo said:

Siliyo said:

Nope. Looks like it screwed it up (blaming technology here and not my own distraction) was meaning to quote this:
    Siliyo said:

• CoMinowCoMinow Member Posts: 331 ★★

So will the 7-star NC be earned by playing the game or will require money to get all the pieces?

He will be totally earnable, but I want to make sure we set expectations that this is meant as a chase prize, so it will require some effort. There will be the ability to purchase some runestones if you need them to catch up, but they are not necessary if you're playing the content and getting them all yourself.

You said we can purchase them to catch up but you’re selling them before he’s available.. This feels extra shady
    Like the nexus situation, this feels like false information and releasing pieces for sale before the release isn’t catch up.

Can you please stop with the covert shell game and just tell us what the requirements are? And how this works?
    I know you had some livestream while everyone was at work but i can’t tell my clients to wait or schedule my life around your streams.
    if we have to spend we should actually know for real..
    you have in game mail
    You have these forums
    The information should be EASILY accessible by your customers
    Not take combing through multiple threads only to find nothing but speculation while you’re asking us to buy the things you say we don’t need to buy, but won’t explain the rules of
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,412 ★★★★
    CoMinow said:

So will the 7-star NC be earned by playing the game or will require money to get all the pieces?

He will be totally earnable, but I want to make sure we set expectations that this is meant as a chase prize, so it will require some effort. There will be the ability to purchase some runestones if you need them to catch up, but they are not necessary if you're playing the content and getting them all yourself.

You said we can purchase them to catch up but you’re selling them before he’s available.. This feels extra shady
    Like the nexus situation, this feels like false information and releasing pieces for sale before the release isn’t catch up.

Can you please stop with the covert shell game and just tell us what the requirements are? And how this works?
    I know you had some livestream while everyone was at work but i can’t tell my clients to wait or schedule my life around your streams.
    if we have to spend we should actually know for real..
    you have in game mail
    You have these forums
    The information should be EASILY accessible by your customers
    Not take combing through multiple threads only to find nothing but speculation while you’re asking us to buy the things you say we don’t need to buy, but won’t explain the rules of
    Yeah it is very weird that Kabam has these Livestreams at an inconvenient time for most working adults, and then don't post any summary of the additional information on it.

Yes, I guess I could watch the video after the fact, but I generally don't prefer to get my information in video form. Kabam clearly has power point slides prepared (based on some of the screenshots I've seen), so this information could be easily transcribed to a blog or forum post.

As it stands, this Thread has not been officially updated (aside from a random reply buried somewhere), the Blog articles have not been updated either. Instead I have to rely on a random player (https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/361502/stream-recap-march-1-2024#latest) to create a post highlighting the official information.
  • Warren_painWarren_pain Member Posts: 31
    I got a runestone and I'm cav where can I use it
  • SandeepSSandeepS Member Posts: 1,251 ★★★★
    I might get imagining things but wasn't it mentioned that if we are short on the NC ruinstones that we can trade them for 7 star shards? Thought it was mentioned on the live stream but can't find the recording.
  • Toproller89Toproller89 Member Posts: 817 ★★★

You lied, to get the 120 runestones, it is required to purchase the 30 from traders outpost.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,168 ★★★★★
    SandeepS said:

I might get imagining things but wasn't it mentioned that if we are short on the NC ruinstones that we can trade them for 7 star shards? Thought it was mentioned on the live stream but can't find the recording.

I think that that was about the loyalty shatter tokens. But with so much going on, who knows
  • FolkvangrFolkvangr Member Posts: 90

You lied, to get the 120 runestones, it is required to purchase the 30 from traders outpost.
    Lol
    Traders outpost uses currency you earn by playing the game