**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Alliance War Showcase by an *average? Valiant

willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,169 ★★★★★
Here’s my write-up. I don’t know everyone’s kits [attackers that I use nor defenders that I face] very well. And I didn’t study the nodes too hard. I still don’t quite understand the sugar pill/decay interactions, but I got it done. Here you go @Oakenshield

Left Path:
Everything with boosts [except cosmic/science 200% power boost as I forgot about it], no suicides, max despair
30% green, 10% attack, 15% health

Team:
Silk 7r3 [I’m spoiled and so lucky form my Necro 100% titan] DECAY ATTACKER
Galan 6r4 sig 20
Herc 6r5 sig 200 Ascended
Hulk 7r2 DECAY ATTACKER [and brought for Herc Synergy]

Left Path
Venom: Galan was MVP. I tried to do it with Silk at first and just hope that he didn’t procure an armor up buff, but Galan made it so easy. Simply build up to a special [any will do] and wait for Venom to gain an Armor buff. as soon as Venom has an armor buff, parry heavy. You’ll gain tons of planetary mass or whatever. Two specials will kill him. Just bait his sp1 unless you can dex his sp2 well, which I can’t. Easy solo, even for me.

Kindred: Silk: First, I have no idea what goes on with him still. My Silk didn’t seem to take much/any degen damage, and the shocks were able to willpower me back to 100% health each time. Anyways, don’t parry him or heavy stun attack him due to some node. Get to his sp2, and then counter attack. His sp2 stops his infestation thingy for a bit. My Silk [which is r3 so results may vary] was able to solo every time except my first two attempts. Save a special for when he gets to low health so you don’t get stuck in his root thingy.

Longshot: I brought Hulk since he was a decay attacker and gives Herc some extra starting ramp. I thought that being a decay attacker, Longshot wouldn’t go unstoppable and unblockable, but he did. I have no idea what was going on again. I was able to solo him several times with Hulk by building to almost a sp2, parry to get rid of Masochism, then stun lock him. It was tight, but I was able to. The debuffs that Hulk produces in enraged mode or whatever helped me monitor my stun locks and masochism. However, Silk also worked great when I used her and ended up using her on most of my practice runs.

Bishop: Silk – I hate him. If not for Silk, this would have been my worst fight. However, Silk can auto-evade his sp1 and sp2, so then I would just stay away if he fired his sp1 until that dumb fire thing was finished. Then keep attacking. I went for the sp3 Silk rotation and he was done.

Gorr: Herc was able to solo him on the two tries I did with him. It was rough, but might not have been as bad if I had remembered to use the cosmic attack and power boosts. I just intercepted a lot and sp1 a lot and baited his sp1 a lot. When he finally got me down to 1% health, then it was just a ray and hope Herc smash. Each time I ended my immortality timer on probably .5 seconds though. I also used Silk once, but since you couldn’t heavy stun, it was long and hard.

Zemo: Herc. I realized after this fight that I should have used Galan’s prefight on Gorr, but I forgot. And I forgot again here too. Herc smashed him to pieces, but it was close again. I did use two 750 hp potions so I could do a parry if needed. Just be good with your intercepts and bait the sp1.

Mysterio: Here is where I finally decided to use revives. My first time fight Mysterio, at the very beginning he became unstoppable. I died before taking much off. Then I reset the quest, parried and died again. Then I realized that I forgot about stun reflection so I couldn’t stun him. I don’t know if that happened the first time or not [I still don’t understand the unstoppable and sugar pill]. So my third try I just did intercepts until I died, and the Herc smashed. I was harder since I couldn’t gain power due to the node, but I got him down with 1 revive. The AI co-operated well.

Choice Node: Switched Galan for 6r5 ascended Kingpin [decided to use my Magica gem for this]

Photon: No idea how to play against her. But I swear at the beginning my fighters would auto fight and I would take a hit to the face. Herc was MVP. Go to sp1 so you can hit her in her unmissable phase. But, I still didn’t know what I was doing. So 1 team revive.
Total cost: 1 l2 revive, 1 team revive, 2 750hp potions

Right Path: Everything with boosts [cosmic 200% power boost this time], no suicides, max despair
30% green, 10% attack, 15% health

Team:
Silk 7r3 [I’m spoiled and so lucky form my Necro 100% titan] DECAY ATTACKER
Galan 6r4 sig 20
Herc 6r5 sig 200 Ascended
Quicksilver 6r3 sig 20 [don’t know how to use him but people said he was good] DECAY ATTACKER

Right Path

Venom [same notes as left path]: Galan was MVP. I tried to do it with Silk at first and just hope that he didn’t procure an armor up buff, but Galan made it so easy. Simply build up to a special [any will do] and wait for Venom to gain an Armor buff. as soon as Venom has an armor buff, parry heavy. You’ll gain tons of planetary mass or whatever. Two specials will kill him. Just bait his sp1 unless you can dex his sp2 well, which I can’t. Easy solo, even for me.

Kindred [same notes as left path]: Silk: First, I have no idea what goes on with him still. My Silk didn’t seem to take much/any degen damage, and the shocks were able to willpower me back to 100% health each time. Anyways, don’t parry him or heavy stun attack him due to some node. Get to his sp2, and then counter attack. His sp2 stops his infestation thingy for a bit. My Silk [which is r3 so results may vary] was able to solo every time except my first two attempts. Save a special for when he gets to low health so you don’t get stuck in his root thingy.

Future Antman: Herc - Dash back until his initial armor up is gone. Then, parry heavy to gain charges. Try to get an intercept to gain a persistent charge. If he gains an armor, wait it out or intercept to remove it. Not too bad, but parry heavy was the way to go for me.

Red Skull: Parry heavy to start and how you can knock him down to get rid of the protection. Then, parry heavy again until you get to immortality [and pray that you do get it]. Then, just go to town. Each run, I was able to get him to ~40% . 1 revive [but really 4 – see Sassy below for explanation]

Sassy: My least favorite fight. It’s long and slow. It wasn’t too bad getting him down health wise, but that regen is a killer. Even with max despair, that +15% he gets from salve/regeneration masteries was enough to kill my runs. Silk wasn’t the best because she couldn’t keep her debuffs on when she knocked him down. So I restarted [cost one revive from the Red Skull since I had to restart]. My second run I brought my r5 Torch, but he died too quickly as he wasn’t a DECAY attcaker and actually didn’t seem to do much compared to others [restarted and now at 2 revives for Red Skull since I had to repeat him]. Herc couldn’t outdamage the regen. My r4 max sig Void [DECAY Attacker] seemed to work but was taking so long since I couldn’t knock him down with my sp1 and easily get to fear of the void. But he did handle the unstoppable with his slow decently. Restarted [3 revives now wasted on Red Skull]. So I thought what about Quicksilver. Madde it to Sassy, but died really quickly. Did I mention that I never played QS before? So I decided we’ll just revive it and see what happens with Silk. I was done with wasting revives on Red Skull, even if I had to fond a way to unit-man Sassy. I was able to get him to his lower health level, then I tried to line everything up – his wrath wasn’t just reset, he had just launched a special so he had no power, my spirit gauge was ready with my striker. I knocked him done, waited out the 8 second timer, and then launched my sp2. It thankfully killed him because I don’t know what I would have done. 0 revives, but 4 were wasted on Red Skull re-running this path several times.

Werewolf: Silk was great because she handled conflictor well. Since she placed so many debuffsI could reliably parry. Until by chance I went for a parry stun, he purified it and smacked me into a KO. Revived and he was done. 1 revive.
Mysterio: Silk and Galan were both attacked right away and got KO’d. They weren’t stunned but I don’t know what happened. It happened on my left path run to. It’s like my inputs were wonky. But it didn’t matter. I Herc’d it like I did for the left path. 1 team revive [so I could swap out QS for Kingpin instead of just reviving Herc]
Choice Node: Kingpin for QS

Photon: No idea how to play against her still. But I swear at the beginning my fighters would auto fight and I would take a hit to the face. Kingpin was caught right away and was at 2% before I could even land a hit, block or dash back. So I decided to restart the fight, take the 50% health lose, and then at least get some health off. But when it came back in, it was like a regular quest that was discobnnceted. It started me back at the continue fight screen with 100% health. A nice surprise. This time, he got her down to ~50%. Herc and company took the rest.

Total: 2 revives [+3more from practice runs – see Sassy fight], 1 team revive, no potions

My rewards: The only champ I didn’t want – A duped 7* Vision Aarkus. He was the only one I already had from the loyalty crystal. Oh well.

TL;DR 3 revives [+3 revives for practice runs - see Sassy notes], 2 team revives, 2 750 hp potions for an unwanted dupe of Vision Aarkus. And a 7r3 Silk and 6r5 ascended Herc made it all possible. And I'm glad that I play in Gold 6 wars and not T1.

Now I just need a 5* Zemo for the the carina's challenge since my last request was taken down.

Comments

• Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,375 ★★★★★
    That was fast, @willrun4adonut

I haven't even set foot in there yet, so thanks for the Scrub tips. Will report back when I do, but it might be a day or two.

@Moosetiptronic
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,328 ★★★★★
    edited March 19
    What is this mini Necropolis Kabam 💀
    Nice guide
  • Options
    Cure2024 said:

congrats, but you don't seem to be an average valiant even KT1 used more revives.

My Necropolis was about ~450 revives, and my Carina's ccp1 avengers run used 17 revives on Thanos alone. So I guess that this one was just lucky for me.

Or that I had a r3 Silk. It was probably that.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,760 ★★★★★
    That Sassy was so freaking annoying. You basically had to choose between dealing damage and stopping his regen, which was immensely frustrating. I eventually landed on Hulk. Build up his rage, throw a special attack to get rid of Sassy's protection, then just go to town with regular attacks. That eventually got him down, but man, I used a ton of revives for the last 30-40%. I just kept bouncing up and down.

Venom was a solid choice for Venom, funnily enough. If he ever got an armor up, just heavy it away, then go to town on him. Burned through him like it was nothing. Quickest fight in the quest by far.

I used Titania and Sandman for Kindred. Both did really well. In fact, Titania was an MVP for the upper path. Mine is only r4 but solo'd several fights in a row - Kindred, Longshot and almost Bishop. Only got knocked out by Bishop when he was at about 3% health and wouldn't let me get in that last heavy after my SP3. By that time my haymaker had gone away and he threw his own SP3. But I only had to sneeze on him on the next attempt.

I almost had Gorr with my Black Cat on the first attempt but same thing there, he got to an SP3 when he was around 7% health. Then he decided to be super annoying and heal up whenever I went in again, so it took a bunch of revives to get him down despite me being so close to soloing him in the beginning.

Kingpin dealt with Zemo in a couple of revives but that Hazard Shift really made it difficult. I kinda wish I'd brought Hood along for his increase to Kingpin's shrug. As it were, a lot of incinerates and shocks ended up slipping through and ate away his health.

Mysterio was a nightmare. I did best with Venom despite him not being a #Decay champ. He just put in a lot of hurt and placed bleeds on Mysterio, meaning he got power throughout the fight. The problem was just that Mysterio would, inevitably, go unstoppable thanks to the Sugar Pill node.

Photon was another nightmare, but Kingpin worked best. I have a theory that Black Cat should work really well too but I constantly messed up with her when I tried her out so I couldn't really put that theory to the test.

On the other side, Ant-Man was horrid. I think I used Sand-Man since he was bleed immune and could reverse healing, but it was a revive fiesta. Red Skull wasn't as bad since you can sort of just wait out the autoblock from his SP1. Just let him spam that and take it slow. I used Venom rather successfully there, if I recall correctly.

I've already mentioned Sassy being a pain, but Werewolf was surprisingly easy with Sandman. Got myself a shiny new solo. Just spam SP1s and you'll reverse his power gain. Easy peasy.

And that's it. Still mad that I didn't get that Black Cat solo of Gorr, though. Might have to redo the quest just to get it.
  • Options
    SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 902 ★★★
    Would sandman work on sassy? Just wondering…
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,692 ★★★★
    Thanks for doing this @willrun4adonut - much appreciated!
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★
    I can give you my rundown that I absolutely would not recommend. I quakes everything in the right side except Werewolf, plus obviously kindred and Mysterio but both were titania fodder. I also quaked Photon because for some reason true strike isn't a node. I can't recommend it as the protectron fights were over 10-15 minutes each with a boosted ascended quake and the boss was just under 12 minutes. I didn't use items, but my things are hurting for the day now.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,401 ★★★★
    Wondering if photon would work on sassy?

I don't have a ranked silk 6*, nor the 7*, and my titania is only r3 6*, but I have a 7r1 photon, 7r1 hulk, 6r4 hulkling and a 6r4 galan so if photon can handle sassy, I should be good.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,987 ★★★★★
    Why won't Titania handle Sassy?
    Also, is Redskull tough against Venom? @Ercarret
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,819 ★★★★★

She can solo sassy, it’s just a longer fight
  • Options
    @Emilia90 what are your thoughts on Titania vs. Photon for Sassy? My photon is R2 and unawakened, my Titania R2 and sig 80. Looking for the most idiot proof option (recognizing that it is a challenging fight).
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,760 ★★★★★

The problem is that Sassy becomes debuff immune whenever you knock him down, and you need to knock him down in order to remove the protection from him. So either you place debuffs on him with the protection up and do 60% less damage, or you do full damage but can't place any debuffs on him/build your fury passives.

I found him super annoying since this is a problem for a lot of champions.

Regarding Red Skull and Venom, well, it's not an ideal matchup. It's just the best I could muster with my roster. I did a run just now and got down about 25% in one go. The thing about Venom is that you don't need his bleeds to do damage. Obviously they do a lot of damage in normal fights but you can also just rely on your buffs. As such, I found it to be a fairly viable strategy to knock down RS with an SP1 and then hit him while his protection was gone, despite being unable to bleed him.

A couple of things to look out for: his autoblock from his SP1 is timed so you can just wait it out, but I think his unstoppable is active until you hit it, so don't push him to his SP2. Also, since he's a #SugarPill defender and Venom isn't a #Decay attacker, you run the risk of Red Skull activating unstoppable anyway. Just be careful when he does.

It's not an "easy" fight with Venom but he can get it down. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to get a solo if you're good enough, but I personally needed revives. Like I said, I got Red Skull down to about 75% health on my latest run.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,819 ★★★★★

@Emilia90 what are your thoughts on Titania vs. Photon for Sassy? My photon is R2 and unawakened, my Titania R2 and sig 80. Looking for the most idiot proof option (recognizing that it is a challenging fight).

Unfortunately I don’t have photon so I’m not sure how well she’ll work. For Titania, she has a large health pool and her haymakers are a lifesaver. If you have maxed despair you should be fine with playing it slow. I still knocked him down a few times and got big damage in even without her debuffs
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,304 ★★★★★
    Has anyone done the Sasquatch fight with a 6* Titania? She was my first option but her damage was too low to get that last 20% out of the way I swear for the life of me I couldn't kill him. 6* Photon was able to do that last 20% easily though.
  • Options

Can confirm photon can do the fight.

I went in with her and it is a slog, but doable.

I had to pick between his regen and doing next to no damage by never knocking him down, so while I ended up saying screw it and threw Mt team at him to eventually get him down, photon did put in some work, just not quickly.
  • Options
    Thanks @Emilia90 and @Rayven5220 - I think I’ve decided I’ll take both Photon and Titania on that path (with Hulkling and Herc). That way if one isn’t able to finish sassy off I’ll have the other. I’ll do that path first, then depending on who I thought did better I’ll bring on the other path.
  • Options

Thanks @Emilia90 and @Rayven5220 - I think I’ve decided I’ll take both Photon and Titania on that path (with Hulkling and Herc). That way if one isn’t able to finish sassy off I’ll have the other. I’ll do that path first, then depending on who I thought did better I’ll bring on the other path.

I would have brought Photon instead of QS, but I had never used either and thought QS would do better in order to deal with the unstoppable from his Wrath of Ta.
  • Options

I would have brought Photon instead of QS, but I had never used either and thought QS would do better in order to deal with the unstoppable from his Wrath of Ta.
    When I did my run I brought both photon and QS, and QS proved to be almost useless.
    Photon did a way better job for sure.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,836 ★★★★★

Titania is tricky for Sassy you have to line the furys to outdamage her regen.

Ive heard Photon is better
  • Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,208 ★★★★★
    For sassy on titania. What I did was push him to sp3. Haymaker heavy to remove protection + my sp3 then I took a sp3 in the face and the power sting got him down. Play aggresive
  • Options

For sassy on titania. What I did was push him to sp3. Haymaker heavy to remove protection + my sp3 then I took a sp3 in the face and the power sting got him down. Play aggresive

Now you do the left side with Kamala and I'll do the right side with Sinister. That can be our unaccomplishable Carina's Challenge CCP.