**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AW showcase is perfectly tuned to be as annoying as possible

TP33TP33 Posts: 1,601 ★★★★
It’s not optional content, we need to explore it for the king groot piece. Why exploration? Why not completion, you’re telling me I have to do that photon fight twice, horrible.

Also why are the paths so long, I’ve never played a war with this many miniboss fights, in fact on the new map it’s not even possible. At least include some nice path fights if you really want to show off war and how fun it can be.

The AI is horrible on some fights, funnily enough Venom seems to be fine, but Longshot, Fant Man and Mysterio especially seem exceptionally erratic just to trip you up.

This is harder than WoW Abs Man for sure, especially that photon fight I don’t think it’s actually possible to solo her without having devoted far too many hours into Kate bishop (a process I am in the middle of)

Oh and what’s the kicker? It’s only here for 2 weeks. Not permanently, not even for a month, two weeks. A two weeks also filled with WoW, Raids, a new (very hard) war season, Side Quest which you have to play 50 times to get any rewards, the game is so busy already, why add another constraint on our time?

Even more the rewards outside of the King Groot piece are just half a 7*. Compare that to WoW (the closest comparable content imo) the time and effort to reward ratio is pretty poor.

That’s my whining done, maybe I’m just bad at the game but this just seems unnecessarily hard (harder than actual wars from the seasons it’s “showcasing”) and the short time limit feels over the top

Comments

• Options
    avs7733avs7733 Posts: 46
    I found it to be enjoyable outside of photon. It took restarting a few times to get some of the fights down, but she is the only fight that really requires items. The rest just require your time to figure out. Yes, some of the fights are restrictive but it is aimed at t1 war so those people would have all the counters. I’m in plat 6 war and I found champs to get through it.
  • Options
    GarloGarlo Posts: 201 ★★
    As a T1 war player, I enjoyed it, I've done those fights many times. Itemless for me without much effort.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,201 ★★★★★
    Harder the abs no shot.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,008 ★★★★★

It ain't that hard bruh

Your name is cool lol
  • Options
    Atta_MasterAtta_Master Posts: 34
    TP33 said:

It ain't that hard bruh

It’s harder to do itemless, I managed it eventually but it took far too much time because of silly AI, and I’m just kinda annoyed that I had to do it and that I had to do it in such a tight time frame and that it cost me as much energy. As a piece of content it was kind of just useless
    Well it was showcase of t2 and t1 war and I enjoyed it very much cuz there isn't an offline content with mastery and everything....these fights were really good and solo is definitely possible cuz most did it and once again it ain't that hard
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,320 ★★★★★
    edited March 19
    I don't think the content itself was too hard (I got impatient and spent units like a dumbass but that's on me). Fights like Bishop Sasquatch and Red Skull are 100% soloable and so is Photon with the right counter and playstyle (the latter can take time and practice).
    I do however wish they gave us war boosts to do these cause every single fight required a good counter and a relatively high skill level due to the nodes. You don't normally take 8 fights with this level of difficulty in war and when you do, you're probably using boosts because of how unforgiving the fights can be.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★
    People complaining about sasquatch should try quaking it, and quaking through the protectron without knocking him down, that's over 15 mins of life and thumb pain I'll never get back 😩
  • Options
    WhiteKnightWhiteKnight Posts: 240 ★★★
    Yeh this content is Bull.

The ai seems to be dexing me, parrying me, refusing to throw specials, the damn Photon refused to throw a heavy and just hits by block doing 23k damage wtf is that about?

It's actually terrible let's be honest way over tuned
  • Options
    Sir_GlobalotSir_Globalot Posts: 168 ★★
    Someone explain how I beat this Sassy? Knock him down to do some damage, I do about 6% damage, then he heals up whilst debuff immune and right back over 40%. I just can't see a way to do this??
  • Options
    Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 817 ★★★
    Them putting a bugged photon as the boss is flat out disrespectful to the entire community. I don't even care if they make it a harder boss.....but don't put a bugged ANYTHING as a boss . And they are aware she is currently bugged.....I'm shocked they didn't add a nightcrawler to the path to be honest.
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,211 ★★★★
    Literally was way easier for me to do the Abs boss than this AW Showcase; whoever decided to do this design, dont let him do it again.

Unless you have the exact champions you need for the bosses you are screwed, and even then, you are still screwed.

Temporary content must take into account the problems we are facing right now in the game, you cant just throw this stuff with the AI problems we have right now.
  • Options

Someone explain how I beat this Sassy? Knock him down to do some damage, I do about 6% damage, then he heals up whilst debuff immune and right back over 40%. I just can't see a way to do this??

Photon, her passive petrify instantly removes all his regen effects, that's the only way I was able to do that fight 6* r3 Titania couldn't even make a dent once his regen started going off.
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 557 ★★★★
    edited March 19
    ugh
  • Options

Them putting a bugged photon as the boss is flat out disrespectful to the entire community. I don't even care if they make it a harder boss.....but don't put a bugged ANYTHING as a boss . And they are aware she is currently bugged.....I'm shocked they didn't add a nightcrawler to the path to be honest.

How is Photon bugged..?

She was the consistent meta boss for both seasons this Tactic was active, it made perfect sense for her to be the boss here.

She doesn't even have the Defense Tactic, there are many counters that could take her down very efficiently - especially with a choice node right before the boss allowing you to bring a dedicated Champ just for her.
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 831 ★★★★
    The two paths weren’t bad but the boss just sucked without a direct counter which is far and few in between. I’d take wow abs man everytime over that photon bs. Having her throw a special in her form is insta death and she’ll throw it when you're holding block.
  • Options
    Can anyone explain what part of Photon's kit is bugged? Cause I used Zemo and the fight wasn't that bad, neither did I notice anything weird. It did cost me like 2-3 revives per run but if we had invulnerability boosts like in actual AW I can definitely see her getting soloed with not a ton of effort.
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 661 ★★★★
    The only thing i hated about this quest is the insane block damage for the photon boss, there were times i died simply because i HAD to block the special (since the genious design don't let you dex), it's just not fun you die for something you can't avoid
  • Options
    PP96PP96 Posts: 45
    edited March 19
    Didn't know everyone at tier 1 war has 7 star rank 3 sig 200 champs! The healthpools definitely might be overturned
  • Options
    KeltanKeltan Posts: 472 ★★
    PP96 said:

Didn't know everyone at tier 1 war has 7 star rank 3 sig 200 champs! The healthpools definitely might be overturned

Maybe USAFA might have R3 sig 200
  • Options
    Keltan said:

PP96 said:

Maybe USAFA might have R3 sig 200
    Multiple lol
  • Options

How is Photon bugged..?
    switching to light mode is busted because most times her timer doesn't show or it disappears.

and if we die we she carries her charges over and we get stuck in a loop of not being able to switch her and taking lots of special block damage.
  • Options
    photon was the standard boss during sugarpill and a great fit, but not in the current state.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,413 ★★★★

Photon. Just don't knock him down.

It's a long fight, but it's doable.

Or just use a mixture of photon/Herc.
  • Options
    kus234kus234 Posts: 187 ★★
    Who said we need to SOLO or do Itemless... If everyone can Solo or be Itemless, how will Kabam make their ends meet?

Dont forget Items are Kabam's bread and Butter, the event is for the masses to use their stash and buy more..

for few handfull its a means to show off, but only for few handful