**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why am I taking damage against Dani?

Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Posts: 308 ★★★
edited March 20 in General Discussion
Trying to do WoW with Stryfe, and I keep randomly taking damage from mediums and heavies. Not after time, but only after she gains an Illusion charge. I know you take damage when you prevent or remove one of her abilities, but the only thing mediums and heavies prevent is evade, which she can't do. I'd post a video, but can't figure out how.

Is this just not a Stryfe-able fight?

Comments

• Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 823 ★★★
    It happened to me when I was using Magik and Domino as well
  • Options
    LJFLJF Posts: 172 ★★★
    Magik is taking damage when her Limbo procs, and I have no idea why. I suspect it's bugged because I've read everything and can't figure out the damage source, but I'm open to learning why it's not if that's the case.
  • Options
    ribsandbbqbeef69ribsandbbqbeef69 Posts: 14
    I don’t think it’s an intended effect but this is it.
    Stryfe removes and reapplies the passive shock with his psionic attacks and it’s triggering this node. The node was no doubt meant to affect Dani’s prowess’s but it’s affecting stryfe’s shock too.

It also effects iceman’s frostbites when removing them with a heavy.

• Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,035 ★★★★★

It happened to me when I was using Magik and Domino as well

Domino is triggering Just Desserts whenever an ability fails to proc due to her passive AAR.
  • Options
    TyDollarSignTyDollarSign Posts: 227 ★★
    edited March 20
    Completed this but didn't get the dupe? Did you have to do anything special?

*EDIT* - Posted this in the wrong thread. Sorry.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,997 ★★★★★
    Shut down pacify mastery. I took damage while using sunspot cuz The falters failed to apply on block due to pacify on parry stun
  • Options
    @Kabam Jax, sorry to tag you, but is this an intentional interaction? Or is the node bugged?
  • Options
    Wond3rLadWond3rLad Posts: 12
    Noticed it with magic too. Not on a stun. Just standing there
  • Options
    SkyfawSkyfaw Posts: 171 ★★
    Wond3rLad said:

Cuz of the limbo dmg presumably. Y’all not reading the nodes. Someone above already explained it’s from the Just Deserts node.
  • Options
    Wond3rLadWond3rLad Posts: 12
    Skyfaw said:

Wond3rLad said:

Cuz of the limbo dmg presumably. Y’all not reading the nodes. Someone above already explained it’s from the Just Deserts node.
    Just desserts is for affecting the defenders buffs and passives. Unless i'm mistaken, limbo is a passive on magik that causes passive damage against the opponent.

• Options
    SacrificialSacrificial Posts: 60
    edited March 20
    This feels like terrible design if it’s intended, your own passives falling off (not even being removed) makes the fight impossible with a large number of characters, including Sam Wilson (who is one of the only 3 mighty avengers characters in the base pool)
  • Options
    SacrificialSacrificial Posts: 60

Shut down pacify mastery. I took damage while using sunspot cuz The falters failed to apply on block due to pacify on parry stun

Nope, pacify can cause that, but even in a fight in which I didn’t parry I was still taking damage with some of the mentioned characters.
  • Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,453 ★★★★
    Maybe it's because Limbo is a passive that affects the opponent but doesn't actually sit on them, so it's considered as being blocked??

Sounds like a weird interaction...
  • Options
    Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 288 ★★★

Trying to do WoW with Stryfe, and I keep randomly taking damage from mediums and heavies. Not after time, but only after she gains an Illusion charge. I know you take damage when you prevent or remove one of her abilities, but the only thing mediums and heavies prevent is evade, which she can't do. I'd post a video, but can't figure out how.

Is this just not a Stryfe-able fight?

Ran into the same issue and wondered why. I think another commenter above, as well as one of my ally mates, explained that reapplying the shock probably counts as removing a passive from her. Which is real dumb considering it’s your own passive DOT being refreshed. But even DUMBER is that Stryfe shouldn’t be taking passive direct damage from mediums and heavies. It’s in his kit. Not sure why this is an exception.
  • Options
    Well, as an update, Stryfe will work, you just have to play him differently, and his ramp is slower. Use your SP1, hope she attacks into you alot, but don't throw your heavy while invisible. Just use Lights while the shock is on her. If you don't refresh it, you don't take damage. Then just build to your SP3 to bank charges as normal.

The damage isn't as high as normal, since you likely won't be able to reach an SP2 while she still has shock on her. But it can work.