**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Act 8.4 Release date

Any idea when will they release??

Comments

• Options
    JinxesaxeJinxesaxe Posts: 397 ★★★

Common consensus is April, but nothing is confirmed. I’m prepared for May. We’ll know exact release date eventually.

Jinx
  • Options
    Phantomfire500Phantomfire500 Posts: 227 ★★
    Pikolu said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Common consensus is April, but nothing is confirmed. I’m prepared for May. We’ll know exact release date eventually.

Jinx
    Jax and Miike heavily hinted it would be April during the last live stream
    I think an actual confirmation would be nice though. I've got an ally member debating spending 5k units to get Guilly in order to get 18 WoW points or risking hinging that on 8.4 releasing next month so they can get Valiant and the valiant objectives to make up the difference. They're pretty screwed if 8.4 releases in may.

I agree that Jax and Mike basically got as close to confirming it as they could without actually confirming it, but an actual, set in stone confirmation on top of that would be nice.
  • Options
    SamanunSamanun Posts: 634 ★★★
    Maybe the 1st or 6th of april if i had to take a wild guess if i were them that’s when i would release it.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Jinx
    Which is all good and dandy! But as they say time and time again, everything is always subject to change, and without a concrete announcement, there’s really nothing for me. Hints aren’t something I’ll get my hopes up over.

Jinx
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,411 ★★★★★
    Jinxesaxe said:

Pikolu said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Jinx
    Which is all good and dandy! But as they say time and time again, everything is always subject to change, and without a concrete announcement, there’s really nothing for me. Hints aren’t something I’ll get my hopes up over.

Jinx
    Nah its april as 8.3 was october and new chapters release every 6 months
  • Options
    Phantomfire500Phantomfire500 Posts: 227 ★★
    Bendy said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Pikolu said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Jinx

Jinx
    I think 8.2 was 7 months after 8.1
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,201 ★★★★★
    Better to wait as you already said things can change u mostly getting new next Friday I believe not this one maybe can’t remember.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,319 ★★★★★
    edited March 21
    Pikolu said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Jinx
    @Pikolu assuming they release it on April, since WoW ends May 1, if someone 100% Act 8 before May 1 and becomes Valiant would they get the additional Valiant objective for the final quest? Can't remember if those update or not cause I know calendars don't... Asking for a friend lol
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,201 ★★★★★

Pikolu said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Jinx
    @Pikolu assuming they release it on April, since WoW ends May 1, if someone 100% Act 8 before May 1 and becomes Valiant would they get the additional Valiant objective for the final quest? Can't remember if those update or not cause I know calendars don't... Asking for a friend lol
    There dos give the objective
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★

Pikolu said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Jinx
    I think an actual confirmation would be nice though. I've got an ally member debating spending 5k units to get Guilly in order to get 18 WoW points or risking hinging that on 8.4 releasing next month so they can get Valiant and the valiant objectives to make up the difference. They're pretty screwed if 8.4 releases in may.

I agree that Jax and Mike basically got as close to confirming it as they could without actually confirming it, but an actual, set in stone confirmation on top of that would be nice.
    Story content is every six months. It's coming in April.
  • Options

Pikolu said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Jinx
    Yes. You will. I believe as long as the last week hasn't started, then you'll get the one extra.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,787 ★★★★★

Pikolu said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Jinx

Considering how easy story content is, they shouldn't need anywhere near 5k units to explore 8.4.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,983 ★★★★★

Bendy said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Pikolu said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Jinx

Jinx
    Yes, 8.1 was September 2022 and 8.2 was April 2023.

Has Kabam confirmed somewhere that story releases are now every 6 months?
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,404 ★★★★
    I think for every thread about the 8.4 release date, they should push the release back a week.

If that's the case, we should have it by June of 2035.

They've already said they're not gonna tell us exactly when it's coming. When they announce it, that's when we will know for sure.
  • Options

Bendy said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Pikolu said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Jinx

Jinx

I don’t think they have. They’ve said to look at previous release schedules to have an idea as to when 8.4 comes out, but to me that just means 6-8 months.

I could just be completely wrong, and that’s fine. Take me and others with a grain of salt. We don’t know until it’s official!

Jinx
  • Options

Bendy said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Pikolu said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Jinx

Jinx

Yes they have.
  • Options
    Jinxesaxe said:

Bendy said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Pikolu said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Jinx

Jinx

I don’t think they have. They’ve said to look at previous release schedules to have an idea as to when 8.4 comes out, but to me that just means 6-8 months.

I could just be completely wrong, and that’s fine. Take me and others with a grain of salt. We don’t know until it’s official!

Jinx
    They aren't 6-8 months. They are 6 months. It's a very, very obvious release schedule. You won't find a single act/chapter released 8 months apart. It's 6 months.
  • Options

Jinxesaxe said:

Bendy said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Pikolu said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Jinx

Jinx

Jinx
    They aren't 6-8 months. They are 6 months. It's a very, very obvious release schedule. You won't find a single act/chapter released 8 months apart. It's 6 months.
    How is it very obviously 6 months when the release right before the most recent one was 7 months and not 6?
  • Options
    A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 992 ★★★★
    I think with them releasing showcase, WoW, and women of power all in quick succession... they are doing their best to sap our resources before the 8.4 release lol
  • Options

Jinxesaxe said:

Bendy said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Pikolu said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Jinx

Jinx

Jinx
    How is it very obviously 6 months when the release right before the most recent one was 7 months and not 6?
    April to october is 6 months.
  • Options
    A_Fungi said:

I think with them releasing showcase, WoW, and women of power all in quick succession... they are doing their best to sap our resources before the 8.4 release lol

I could probably count on 2 hands how many revs and pots I used in 8.3 and I am average to below average at this game.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,311 ★★★★★

I think for every thread about the 8.4 release date, they should push the release back a week.

If that's the case, we should have it by June of 2035.

They've already said they're not gonna tell us exactly when it's coming. When they announce it, that's when we will know for sure.

If they move up it up by a month for every snarky comment posted on said threads, it would have been released in April 1856.

• Options

Jinxesaxe said:

Bendy said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Pikolu said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Jinx

Jinx

Jinx
    And September to April is …?
  • Options

Jinxesaxe said:

Bendy said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Pikolu said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Jinx

Jinx

Jinx
    As previously stated in the thread, 8.1 going into 8.2 was 7 months. And then yes, 8.2 to 8.3 was 6 months. It’s a lot more reasonable for me to say 6-8, because that leaves more room for error on my part. I apologize if my language has been confusing.

At the end of the day, who cares when it comes? It’ll be here eventually. No need to argue about when we THINK it will come on the forums.

Jinx
  • Options
    Jinxesaxe said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Bendy said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Pikolu said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Jinx

Jinx

Jinx
    As previously stated in the thread, 8.1 going into 8.2 was 7 months. And then yes, 8.2 to 8.3 was 6 months. It’s a lot more reasonable for me to say 6-8, because that leaves more room for error on my part. I apologize if my language has been confusing.

At the end of the day, who cares when it comes? It’ll be here eventually. No need to argue about when we THINK it will come on the forums.

Jinx
    All of Act 7 was 6 months and 7.4 to 8.1 was 6 months.
  • Options

Jinxesaxe said:

Bendy said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Pikolu said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Jinx

Jinx

Jinx
    And September to April is …?
    One release out of all the others. It's been roughly 6 months for each since act 7 started. And I am almost positive 8.2 came a little later because of the new node types.
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,483 ★★★★
    Most likely be 2 weeks into April's new content month. Though I could see it being released the same day as the WoW gauntlet. Kabam has been releasing content really close to each other so you don't have time to get the full amount of free revives in your stash. While I highly doubt most valiant and skilled paragon will need revives for 8.4, I'm sure a lot of less skilled players will need some revives for both 8.4 and the wow gauntlet. So releasing the same day will see a healthy uptick in unitman being called in from the bullpen.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,411 ★★★★★

Most likely be 2 weeks into April's new content month. Though I could see it being released the same day as the WoW gauntlet. Kabam has been releasing content really close to each other so you don't have time to get the full amount of free revives in your stash. While I highly doubt most valiant and skilled paragon will need revives for 8.4, I'm sure a lot of less skilled players will need some revives for both 8.4 and the wow gauntlet. So releasing the same day will see a healthy uptick in unitman being called in from the bullpen.

They release i think 2 weeks after or second wednesday always so wont be when gauntlet happens