Non-dodgable specials???

JarlofModesto25JarlofModesto25 Member Posts: 41
edited March 21 in General Discussion
I’ve been playing this game for a while thru its ups and downs but this month might be it. Adding champions whose specials you can’t dodge is just straight cheating no matter how you put it. What’s the point of playing if playing perfectly isn’t even good enough?? I am done.

Comments

• Atta_MasterAtta_Master Member Posts: 39
    Which champ special u can't dex?
  • KlippKlipp Member Posts: 202 ★★
    LeoZed said:

Photon's in pure of light form

I believe I read somewhere or from someone you have to parry her hits not Dex but I never looked into it
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,708 ★★★★★
    Klipp said:

LeoZed said:

Photon's in pure of light form

I believe I read somewhere or from someone you have to parry her hits not Dex but I never looked into it
    This is a thread about non-dodging which photons comes under unless there dash back says otherwise like nc and silk who both can ignore hits when dashing back
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,708 ★★★★★

I’ve been playing this game for a while thru its ups and downs but this month might be it. Adding champions whose specials you can’t dodge is just straight cheating no matter how you put it. What’s the point of playing if playing perfectly isn’t even good enough?? I am done.

If this is about photon how ive started playing her is make sure she doesnt have power if at 10 knock her down then wait till gone or if u want to ignore photons pure light best route is aar so when attacking u dont get any debuffs on u, if its the serpent u need to neutralize the true focus buff when he specials its a lot to process but u will get hang of it if u really want to avoid them u can use champs that in kit say cant be hit when dashing so silk and nc are 2 options
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,530 ★★★★★
    There are other ways to avoid them though. If they are unblockable, use a champ that blocks unblockable etc.
  • SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Member Posts: 1,314 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

There are other ways to avoid them though. If they are unblockable, use a champ that blocks unblockable etc.

Sill a bs mechanic. Just use Silk, Vulture, Spidey 2099, Nightcrawler or other champs that can dodge undexable stuff
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    I still almost never succesfully dodge the specials of one of the most universally seen as worst characters - Cyclops.

I don't know what it is, but I almost always get hit by at least one of the beams lol.
  • ShashankGuptaShashankGupta Member Posts: 391 ★★
    Someone said impossible to dodge special
    Punisher2099 special attacks is the impossible to dex
  • TerraTerra Member Posts: 8,270 ★★★★★

Heimdall’s Sp2 is tragic 😭

Avoid making him have Armor Up Buffs and his sp2 is avoidable by dex.
  • QmonQmon Member Posts: 20
    Ikaris sp2 is one I can't dodge
  • AecynAecyn Member Posts: 96
    At least ikaris you can try to just not push him to sp2. And there are a lot of specials you can't dodge but you can block them without much issue. The problem is attacks that would be easy to dodge but the game makes it hit you anyway. Dexterity failed is just a feel bad mechanic. What's next? Intercept failed?
  • GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Member Posts: 688 ★★★
    Viv sp1…last ⚡️…every time 🥵🥵🥵
  • Toproller89Toproller89 Member Posts: 790 ★★★
    Dex failing isn't a new thing, can happen with Void, Domino and Heimdall also
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,682 ★★★★★
    Aecyn said:

At least ikaris you can try to just not push him to sp2. And there are a lot of specials you can't dodge but you can block them without much issue. The problem is attacks that would be easy to dodge but the game makes it hit you anyway. Dexterity failed is just a feel bad mechanic. What's next? Intercept failed?

sole him long time
    Just move away from the first hit blok the rest I agerd there need to stop making dexterity stop working
  • winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★
    Aecyn said:

The problem is attacks that would be easy to dodge but the game makes it hit you anyway. Dexterity failed is just a feel bad mechanic. What's next? Intercept failed?

Dexterity fail - Domino
    Intercept fail - Mighty Charge

Thought these are already in-game.
  • PandingoPandingo Member Posts: 1,030 ★★★★

PT_99 said:

I'd say Karnak sp-1 has to be the hardest sp to avoid getting hit.

Hate to admit this, but I've actually been hit by that..... hahaha

It was a terrible day.
    Been there. I was so ashamed. Almost as bad a being hit by diablos
  • i13i13 Member Posts: 105
    It’s when you dex perfectly and still it manages to put a damage over time effect on you :/

Aecyn said:

The problem is attacks that would be easy to dodge but the game makes it hit you anyway. Dexterity failed is just a feel bad mechanic. What's next? Intercept failed?

Dexterity fail - Domino
    Intercept fail - Mighty Charge

Thought these are already in-game.
    I thought mighty charge just made them debuff immune, intercept failed is more like dashing into unstoppable but at least that's an obvious mistake.
    Gamer said:

Aecyn said:

sole him long time
    Just move away from the first hit blok the rest I agerd there need to stop making dexterity stop working
    I've been hit by the first hit with a dex fail a few times when he's right up in my business. Most of the time it's fine because he throws it further away.

Dex failing isn't a new thing, can happen with Void, Domino and Heimdall also

The difference is you can block those. Heimdall you just bait the sp1 and you can get around it.

At the end of the day, it'll eventually become something we get used to dealing with because these champs do have a way to do so. It's just been a trend with defenders lately that feels bad.

Reminds me of a post a few months ago about how someone noticed kabams fall back mechanic to make quest nodes difficult is to give everyone unblockable. Now it's that plus you can't avoid the hit, AND it's part of a champs base kit.
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★
    Pandingo said:

PT_99 said:

I'd say Karnak sp-1 has to be the hardest sp to avoid getting hit.

Hate to admit this, but I've actually been hit by that..... hahaha

It was a terrible day.
    Been there. I was so ashamed. Almost as bad a being hit by diablos
    Been there as well.

We may need to create a support group. Now I know I'm not alone. Hahaha
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,242 ★★★★
    GrO_ot78 said:

Viv sp1…last ⚡️…every time 🥵🥵🥵

Viv Vision SP1 is amazing. Could be Sp.2 and nobody will notice
  • SamanunSamanun Member Posts: 696 ★★★
    🎯😡