**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

7* Unawakened NC vs 6* Sig 200 NC

ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,301 ★★★★★
edited March 22 in General Discussion
By the time this whole saga thing is over a lot of us will probably have enough either for one 7* Nightcrawler or multiple 6* but personally I've no clue which one I should go for. Will the 7* unawakened be better than the sig 200 6*?
Edit: yes I don't even have the 6* right now lol if I did the answer would be quite obvious.

7* Unawakened NC vs 6* Sig 200 NC 73 votes

7* Unawakened NC
61%
Talha305RajaZENSecondSkrillerTC1yossWardenclockGlodeyrcm2017PikoluBonemanC19h28o2DeaconSquirrelguyNanosamaH3t3rWebhead055ErcarretLeoZedThe_Doctor_24_1ChrisRM93 45 votes
6* Sig 200 NC
38%
Wally_WooferOUYOBigTuna_2054Vegeta9001MagrailothosleviddletonJustcause102SoundwarpUsagicassidycaptain_rogersRebarkAomine_Daiki10SmokegunSirGamesBondxp21UltragamerI_tell_no_tales_113579rebel_KlippDab_west 28 votes

Comments

• Options
    GalactikDonutGalactikDonut Posts: 339 ★★★
    7* Unawakened NC
    i think short term the 6 star will be better but that’s only if you invest a lot of resources into him. the 7 star will be more useful in the long term and requires 0 catalyst to be good
  • Options
    edited March 22

i think short term the 6 star will be better but that’s only if you invest a lot of resources into him. the 7 star will be more useful in the long term and requires 0 catalyst to be good

I see, I wonder what the damage difference will be in that case. Hopefully not too big to the point the 7* looks like a noodle compared to the 6* but I see your point, makes sense.
  • Options
    Wally_WooferWally_Woofer Posts: 175
    6* Sig 200 NC

You're not wrong, but as a fan, who can finally rank him up without guilt of completely misallocating resources and use rank up gems and sig stones with limited application (though great options) that were effectively free, now feels ripe for the 6* and possible ascension over eventual 7* rank up and using resources that likely are more practical elsewhere.
  • Options

You're not wrong, but as a fan, who can finally rank him up without guilt of completely misallocating resources and use rank up gems and sig stones with limited application (though great options) that were effectively free, now feels ripe for the 6* and possible ascension over eventual 7* rank up and using resources that likely are more practical elsewhere.
    That's what I was thinking, if it's going to take me two years just to get the 7* to sig 200 might as well just r5 ascend the 6* and get him to sig 200 the same month.
    However if the 7*'s damage is on par with the sig 200 6* then yeah no point in investing really.
    Hopefully we get damage comparison videos soon cause that's the main thing I wanna see. Also, not sure how annoying he is on defense with and without that awakened ability or if he's annoying at all.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,987 ★★★★★
    6* Sig 200 NC
    He is a average champ. Having a 7* means getting most of him by least investment
  • Options

He is a average champ. Having a 7* means getting most of him by least investment

That is true, I just want to spend my runes wisely so whoever has more damage gets it tbh.
  • Options
    6* Sig 200 NC
    Remember, you can pull 6* nc from a basic anytime, but you can't pull a 7* one.

Also, they said runes can be exchanged for small amout of shards, I'll rather exchange it for shards over a 6* NC if I'm short for a 7* NC.
  • Options

Also, they said runes can be exchanged for small amout of shards, I'll rather exchange it for shards over a 6* NC if I'm short for a 7* NC.

I don't pop basics anymore, I have every strong champ in the game as 6* at r3 and above awakened I only go for featured.

Wait we will be able to exchange them for 7* shards? If so, screw that lol I'm getting shards, don't really care that much about 6* or 7* NC I thought I had no other option.
  • Options
    6* Sig 200 NC

I don't pop basics anymore, I have every strong champ in the game as 6* at r3 and above awakened I only go for featured.

Wait we will be able to exchange them for 7* shards? If so, screw that lol I'm getting shards, don't really care that much about 6* or 7* NC I thought I had no other option.
    We can exchange them for shards, but not sure what kind or shards. I hope it's probably 7* shards
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,052 ★★★★
    6* Sig 200 NC
    Am I crazy, or is nearly everyone in the comments who "voted" the 6* option then going on in their comments to reccomend the 7* option... (besides Wally)

Myself, I'm personally going for the 6* because I highly doubt I will be able to obtain all 120 required, especially with a significant amount being locked behind a mode I find cumbersome and not enjoyable in its current form (Battlegrounds) aaaand the fact that I've never made it past zone 16 in Incursions.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,375 ★★★★★
    6* Sig 200 NC

Am I crazy, or is nearly everyone in the comments who "voted" the 6* option then going on in their comments to reccomend the 7* option... (besides Wally)

Myself, I'm personally going for the 6* because I highly doubt I will be able to obtain all 120 required, especially with a significant amount being locked behind a mode I find cumbersome and not enjoyable in its current form (Battlegrounds) aaaand the fact that I've never made it past zone 16 in Incursions.

100% agree.

People talk about the resources to rank up a 6*; but for many people the time/resources/effort to acquire 120 runes is more than a significant barrier; whereas most of us literally just got free X-Magica rank-up Gems that we could use on Nightcrawler, if we want to.

As for the 6* Vs 7*, there's a lot of damage tied up in that Sig ability. The 7* will have the benefits of stat focus, and Champion Rating; but I think that overall their performance will probably be pretty close
  • Options
    GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Posts: 366 ★★
    6* Sig 200 NC

I just bought the 6*…

7* rank up stuff will never be used on NC.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,760 ★★★★★
    7* Unawakened NC
    I would still buy the 7* with the runes. The chances of you pulling a 6* version vs a 7* version anytime soon are just ridiculously different. I mean, if you really want a 6* Nightcrawler, you can just go for the Skill/Mutant dual crystal.

I still think that ranking up the 6* might be the way to go since his sig seems to be fairly important, but I would nonetheless not waste those runes on the 6*.
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★★
    6* Sig 200 NC
    I used my x-magica 4-5 on him and sig 200 mine, I will acquire the 7* night crawler but won't invest in him till I can get him to a high sig which will take alot of time do imo if you like NC rank up the 6* you will enjoy him till the 7* is ready.
  • Options
    edited March 23
    6* Sig 200 NC

That's what I was thinking, if it's going to take me two years just to get the 7* to sig 200 might as well just r5 ascend the 6* and get him to sig 200 the same month.
    However if the 7*'s damage is on par with the sig 200 6* then yeah no point in investing really.
    Hopefully we get damage comparison videos soon cause that's the main thing I wanna see. Also, not sure how annoying he is on defense with and without that awakened ability or if he's annoying at all.
    Well...pre-BuFF he was better unawakened on defense because it was a little harder to switch his stance (for those that employ that approach ). Now beside access to a large increase in damage, his evade can only be countered by tech champs when awakened. Seems pretty relevant to me. I'm not contending that there aren't better champs to use those resources on...just that if you've been saving working your way to a rank up, someone else is likely to get it. So why not use the pleasant surprise resorces for something less conventional, but desireable.

I too will not likely get what tokens I need for the 7*, but I made the choice to 6r5 and eventually ascend my personal favorite, before I knew that. Doesn't hurt that he accompanies my 7r3 Prof X well.
  • Options

Well...pre-BuFF he was better unawakened on defense because it was a little harder to switch his stance (for those that employ that approach ). Now beside access to a large increase in damage, his evade can only be countered by tech champs when awakened. Seems pretty relevant to me. I'm not contending that there aren't better champs to use those resources on...just that if you've been saving working your way to a rank up, someone else is likely to get it. So why not use the pleasant surprise resorces for something less conventional, but desireable.

I too will not likely get what tokens I need for the 7*, but I made the choice to 6r5 and eventually ascend my personal favorite, before I knew that. Doesn't hurt that he accompanies my 7r3 Prof X well.
    You can't switch his stances by hitting on block anymore?
    I haven't faced an awakened one on defense yet so I'm absolutely clueless, that is very interesting if that's the case.

And yeah 100% agree on that last part, that's why I have been leaning a bit more towards the 6* cause I know I can sig him up easily.
  • Options
    6* Sig 200 NC
    Perhaps limited to his auto evade. ..he can be switched, but I'm going to investigate other anti evade stuff.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,169 ★★★★★

aaaand the fact that I've never made it past zone 16 in Incursions.

Willrun4adonut is on his way. Send me a friend request, as long as you don't mind matching my schedule (time zone wise).
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,201 ★★★★★

You can't switch his stances by hitting on block anymore?
    I haven't faced an awakened one on defense yet so I'm absolutely clueless, that is very interesting if that's the case.

And yeah 100% agree on that last part, that's why I have been leaning a bit more towards the 6* cause I know I can sig him up easily.
    you still can but the chances for that to be done is pretty slim he evade like maniac. Now I even tried to light that’s unreliable to do now