**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Should I be stressing about the deathless champs?

Mrwarren96Mrwarren96 Posts: 425 ★★
I'm currently missing two peices from the deathless guilly champ as I think I missed the peice that was in battle grounds whenever it was. I still have the final peice to get from the guilly challenges so I'm only short 1 peice really..

I see that they are giving a dupe of her from the WOW objective over the next two weeks so now I'm feeling a bit stuck and wondering if I should be stressing about getting the 5k units together,(currently at 3.3k) buying the missing peice and doing the final guilly challenge all so I can get another point in the WOW objectives and cover the gamma one I missed earlier on and also get the dupe on her?

Or should I not stress and not worry about it and just go on as I was as I won't be missing out on much?

I am up to date on the KG deathless peices so hopefully this 5k spend will be the one and only that I have to do. Ideally I was trying to save up for 8.4 and be ready for that so I currently don't know what to do... any suggestion or help or info would be appreciated people?

Comments

• Options
    P.ss I missed the first two WOW objectives (gamma and sinister 6) as I didn't have the proper counters but i did manage to get the robot objective done so it covered one of them with the extra point given by kabam, so by going for the guilly peices and getting the champ and doing the objective it would also allow me to cover the other one I missed which would then get me to the final milestone of the WoW rewards aswell, where as if I don't, I'm going to fall one short I think.
  • Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 473 ★★★
    Up to you, if I was sitting at 3.3k I'd go for it, but I'm pretty dry on units so I'll have to miss out on the dupe and just save slowly and dupe her one day when awakening gems are a thing.
  • Options

Up to you, if I was sitting at 3.3k I'd go for it, but I'm pretty dry on units so I'll have to miss out on the dupe and just save slowly and dupe her one day when awakening gems are a thing.

Yeah i was thinking this, but my only issue is I've now got to farm 1700 units to get to 5k and then also farm enough revives/ units to finish the last stage the guilly challenge, ( cerastes is gonna be a pain) and also enough revives to somehow get the deathless wow objective done.

and to add to all that I don't actually have a 'mighty avengers' counter for dani for that objective so all that work could end up being a waste unless I somehow pull white tiger or photon in the next two weeks aswell...
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,328 ★★★★★
    Yes, eventually one of the deathless will be so OP that it'll break the forums.
    It's just the wait of WHEN it drops
  • Options
    FolkvangrFolkvangr Posts: 90

Yeah i was thinking this, but my only issue is I've now got to farm 1700 units to get to 5k and then also farm enough revives/ units to finish the last stage the guilly challenge, ( cerastes is gonna be a pain) and also enough revives to somehow get the deathless wow objective done.

and to add to all that I don't actually have a 'mighty avengers' counter for dani for that objective so all that work could end up being a waste unless I somehow pull white tiger or photon in the next two weeks aswell...
    Cerastes is very easy to one shot
    The hulk boss is way more annoying
  • Options
    Folkvangr said:

It's been a while since I done 8.3 so can't even remember the fight tbh but I remember the hulk fight being a **** so thought it was gonna be more of the same lol, think hulk took me like 15 revives to get down🤦🏻
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,680 Guardian

Folkvangr said:

It's been a while since I done 8.3 so can't even remember the fight tbh but I remember the hulk fight being a **** so thought it was gonna be more of the same lol, think hulk took me like 15 revives to get down🤦🏻
    I'd recommend watching videos of what others did for Bahamet. I personally had no issues on my actual run due to how OP guillotine is on the heal sponge node. You block a good amount of hits to lose some health, sp2 and get a bunch of volatility on bahamet from reversing his healing. The only long phase is phase 4 which you can eventually cheese with g99 sp3
  • Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 473 ★★★

Ah yes I see, that's a bit of a grind to do all that in less than 2 weeks tbh, especially not having an optimal champ for the valiant objective.
  • Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 829 ★★★
    I think you should just suck it up and spend the 5k units this one time. Get your dupe out of it to justify the expense (not that Deathless Guillotine is even good). Then try to keep up from here on out. I don’t know that any of them will even be good, but at least now we know that it will be possible to awaken them without an AG.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,537 ★★★★★
    mbrace said:

I think you should just suck it up and spend the 5k units this one time. Get your dupe out of it to justify the expense (not that Deathless Guillotine is even good). Then try to keep up from here on out. I don’t know that any of them will even be good, but at least now we know that it will be possible to awaken them without an AG.

What? You just said it. She's not that good. Don't waste your time.
  • Options
    Wally_WooferWally_Woofer Posts: 175
    No, and don't limit what game content you're stressing about to just that. If you're stressing you are losing.

On a similar note, I feel like this month Kabam said, "so....you think it should be normal to do every event and meet all ovjectives....hold my beer..."
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,680 Guardian
    Here you go OP, I made a new video showcasing how much you can suck at the bahamet fight and still get through it easily with Guillotine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7TLMXE9_7E&ab_channel=Pikolu

I played really badly in this fight because I forgot what the phases were (and missed a few parries), but here is a text guide for ya.

With heal sponge, bahamet gains volatility whenever you heal reverse him, so you want to take a decent amount of block damage after using your sp2 so you can heal reverse bahamet and give him a chunk of volatility.

Phase 1: Use your special into the green blast. The way you break his armor is by knocking him down after using a special into the blast.
    Phase 2: Use your special into the blast to get the cleanse charge, then you can safely parry the blast back at him.
    Phase 3: Same as phase 2, except you can't parry the occasional orange blast back at him.
    Phase 4: You can actually ignore the whole blast mechanic by just alternating sp2 and sp1. After you use your sp2, bait a sp2 from bahamet and you will heal reverse him down in no time. Alternatively you can play the ping pong game with bahamet, no special into the green blast required.
  • Options
    TheBlindSalmonTheBlindSalmon Posts: 73
    I'm in a similar situation - haven't done the act 8 challenge yet because my best guillotines are both 5*. I only have 6* morningstar and purgatory, so was hoping to get higher rarities of the actually good champs from this bunch before going in. Guess I'll have to make do with 5*s, doubt I would spend more than 5k units doing this so it's better to slog through than buy the piece.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,760 ★★★★★
    I would do the challenge first and then see where you are, unit-wise. If you manage to get through it without using any units, then that's great and you can focus on building up to those 5K units.

It will probably be worth it to pick up that last piece eventually since it seems like a lot of future content will hinge on us having access to those Deathless champs, and Kabam has already stated that the final Deathless Thanos will be a very potent champion that (I'm guessing) will be worth the wait and effort. However, "worth picking up at some point" and "worth stressing about right now" are two very different things.

That said, if you miss out on the last tier of the WoW rewards by not completing the Deathless Guilly objective, that would be quite bad. It's bad if you're Valiant because you miss out on half a Titan crystal among other juicy things, but it's probably even worse if you're Paragon since I think their last reward is the final Deathless King Groot piece. If you miss out on that, it'll make the catch-up even harder and it might be worth it to work hard these next two weeks to get everything sorted.
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 807 ★★★★
    I think if you are asking about “stress” in a mobile game, you probably know the answer.

It’s a carrot gimmick. Big accounts aren’t sweating these challenges as they have everything they need to complete them. Mid paragon and below are being baited into unit drains and resource intensive rank ups. If that’s fun for you, have at it. If it’s a stress… don’t waste a year. It’s not like this is going to be the last time you’re questioning spending 5k units instead of dealing with some content.

And all the big accounts are going to tell you it’s all worth it- because they don’t have much else to chase. But be realistic- if deathless thanos is so broken that he is the answer to everything in the game and only the few who have him can accomplish anything after his arrival… none of us are going to be in this game very much longer.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,400 ★★★★★

I'm currently missing two peices from the deathless guilly champ as I think I missed the peice that was in battle grounds whenever it was. I still have the final peice to get from the guilly challenges so I'm only short 1 peice really..

I see that they are giving a dupe of her from the WOW objective over the next two weeks so now I'm feeling a bit stuck and wondering if I should be stressing about getting the 5k units together,(currently at 3.3k) buying the missing peice and doing the final guilly challenge all so I can get another point in the WOW objectives and cover the gamma one I missed earlier on and also get the dupe on her?

Or should I not stress and not worry about it and just go on as I was as I won't be missing out on much?

I am up to date on the KG deathless peices so hopefully this 5k spend will be the one and only that I have to do. Ideally I was trying to save up for 8.4 and be ready for that so I currently don't know what to do... any suggestion or help or info would be appreciated people?

I wouldnt stress take ur time on it these aint supposed to be meta and even if u miss the sig u can always wait on 7 gems to be out there but u could also before spending units wait till thanos drops to know if hes worth the grinding of units
  • Options
    So slight update I've just done the guilly challenge and got the 4th peice, now debating to get the 5th with units to do the challenge.

I've just realised im currently on 14 pounts so even if I do both challenges and get the bonus point from doing the 7* deathless one I'm still only going to be on 17...

So I'm still one short.. can anyone confirm if the 'robot' by point has already been handed out? I was pretty sure I had only missed two on the first week and was hoping the robot and dealthless extra points would cover them but apperently I've missed 3 so even doing what I planned is pointless as I'll still be one short of the final milestone🤦🏻

• Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,453 ★★★★

So slight update I've just done the guilly challenge and got the 4th peice, now debating to get the 5th with units to do the challenge.

I've just realised im currently on 14 pounts so even if I do both challenges and get the bonus point from doing the 7* deathless one I'm still only going to be on 17...

So I'm still one short.. can anyone confirm if the 'robot' by point has already been handed out? I was pretty sure I had only missed two on the first week and was hoping the robot and dealthless extra points would cover them but apperently I've missed 3 so even doing what I planned is pointless as I'll still be one short of the final milestone🤦🏻

Robot point has gone out already.
  • Options

Robot point has gone out already.
    Damn it🤦🏻 I've missed another challenge somewhere but I don't know which one...
  • Options
    Update:

All challenges done and 5k spent on guilly peice😭 but on the bright side I will be on 17 points once the grace points get given and atleast 7 points are up for grabs in the final month so I will still be able to get to 24 points😁

Thanks for all the info everyone much appreciated
  • Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 720 ★★★
    I like them. Even guillotine who got a lot of grief is becoming a must have r2 champ for some people. She's fun. She bears down. Can't wait for kg
  • Options
    Pandingo said:

I like them. Even guillotine who got a lot of grief is becoming a must have r2 champ for some people. She's fun. She bears down. Can't wait for kg

Yeah from my initial fight with her she seems pretty nice, I've always though guilly was very smooth to fight with and it looks like DKG is gonna be a beast aswell
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,397 ★★★★

Update:

All challenges done and 5k spent on guilly peice😭 but on the bright side I will be on 17 points once the grace points get given and atleast 7 points are up for grabs in the final month so I will still be able to get to 24 points😁

What grace points are you talking about?

They're not giving anymore grace points.

The grace points were 1 for robot if you didn't do it, and the deathless gully one.

How many points do you currently have?
  • Options
    ChrisPowellChrisPowell Posts: 114

Update:

Well done. Glad to hear you pulled the trigger. I really like deathless guillotine, simple and effective. The awakened ability seems helpful too.

The deathless champs are a fun addition to the game. I really like getting champs for doing difficult content.