Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Magic Thief - NEEDS NERF ASAP

Comments

• Options
    Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 455 ★★★

cSunspot is essentially the only character in this **** magica lineup who fits the bill and he cant even do shock/bleed.

I'm nervous on how the blacklist affects it as well, so don't take this as me saying you have no cause for concern. But just so you know, if it does end up being something you need to plan for, any mutant can take shock/bleed. With horseman, or odin, or ideally both. Depending on your organisation in an alliance, that would be my advice.

My group has theory crafted those solutions, but testing this season has shown the margin for error when fighting in those nodes without tactic becomes microscopic which is to say the counters are hardly counters
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 463 ★★★

I can’t stress this blacklist issue enough. Let’s say, by some miracle, only Bishop is blacklisted.

My alliance is stacked with r5 ascended, r2 and r3 bullseyes. What do we do? Well we ban Kushala, iceman and Wep X.

Now, I can throw 3 bullseyes on hazard shift stack the final diamond and slap one on boss for good measure and the options for running this gauntlet are what exactly? Sunspot is essentially the only character in this **** magica lineup who fits the bill and he cant even do shock/bleed. Again, this is ONLY with Bishop blacklisted. If two tactic attackers get banned (they almost certainly will) this becomes infinitely worse

There is always a champion can do these fights, but our resource is not unlimited, how many players can afford to upgrade 5-10 champions every 3 months. I hate this....

• Options
    Jez25Jez25 Posts: 44
    edited March 19
    2 Sentences they will tell u.. "I DONT CARE".. and "NOT EVERY CONTENT IS FOR EVERYONE, U HAVE A CHOICE NOT TO PLAY".. So instead of them putting that in the forums.. they just keep silent..
  • Options
    PIKESTAINPIKESTAIN Posts: 177 ★★
    That was a fun “war”. Had one of our guys say he is going to retire (he runs path 1)…… fun stuff.

War tactics shouldn’t illicit that reaction. I’m all for more difficult, just not fun sucking/killing.
  • Options
    PIKESTAIN said:

That was a fun “war”. Had one of our guys say he is going to retire (he runs path 1)…… fun stuff.

War tactics shouldn’t illicit that reaction. I’m all for more difficult, just not fun sucking/killing.

sorry to hear that, the guy did the thing fight in my alliance was also very upset, took a while to calm him down
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 671 ★★★★
    A member of my alliance actually deleted the game after dying in war, no one even said one thing about his death but he was so pissed off that he deleted the game
    Idk what's going on with the direction of AW that the devs chose but it needs a clear change, we can't keep having this nightmare in aw every single month, it's not healthy for the game or the players
  • Options
    PIKESTAINPIKESTAIN Posts: 177 ★★
    edited March 20
    FunnyDude said:

PIKESTAIN said:

sorry to hear that, the guy did the thing fight in my alliance was also very upset, took a while to calm him down
    Yeah man. It’s quite a shame sadly. When game content [becomes this frustrating] for people who are at such a high level, they really need to take a step back and examine things.
    Post edited by Kabam Jax on
  • Options
    Diem926Diem926 Posts: 37
    Surprised that this thread hasn’t been addressed since the last time.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

cSunspot is essentially the only character in this **** magica lineup who fits the bill and he cant even do shock/bleed.

I'm nervous on how the blacklist affects it as well, so don't take this as me saying you have no cause for concern. But just so you know, if it does end up being something you need to plan for, any mutant can take shock/bleed. With horseman, or odin, or ideally both. Depending on your organisation in an alliance, that would be my advice.
    apoc, cable, and odin synergy just for 1 fight for 3 players is a crazy amount of work. how is this possible or fun?
    How is it possible? One player brings apoc/cable or one player brings Odin? Ideally both if you can, but hazard shift can be taken by champs who only counter one of the debuffs pretty simply.

That’s fairly low level organisation imo, kind of an exaggeration to call it a crazy amount of work.

I look at a defender and think ok, I’ll bring toad for it and I’ll bring Odin so I can take the shock part of the node. Or ask a team mate and they bring it.
  • Options
    And again, i'm okay with this tactic. In fact, i'm enjoying it. My favorite champs are in it, and I am content. But I have other accounts in alliances where people aren't really enjoying the ask, and challenge.
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,059 ★★★

apoc, cable, and odin synergy just for 1 fight for 3 players is a crazy amount of work. how is this possible or fun?
    How is it possible? One player brings apoc/cable or one player brings Odin? Ideally both if you can, but hazard shift can be taken by champs who only counter one of the debuffs pretty simply.

That’s fairly low level organisation imo, kind of an exaggeration to call it a crazy amount of work.

I look at a defender and think ok, I’ll bring toad for it and I’ll bring Odin so I can take the shock part of the node. Or ask a team mate and they bring it.
    Bitter, this is where i will disagree. This tactic is complex enough, along with other non tactic challenges to make planners a little stressed.
    A lot of path splitters can easily be placed making planning hard.
    making space for one horseman is fairly okay, Multiple is pushing it.
    Also, lower level organization is much different from what you are accustomed to. I know where i'm at is organized, but there are plenty of places that do fixed lanes that are stuck with this tactic with no overall planning.
    This tactic requires overall planning that many alliances just do not do. t1, and t2, sure. Any thing below, this is a massive ask.
    We did a little practice in off-season, and then when season popped off, even into the second war people were still forgetting to bring an X-Magica attacker to counter one or two fights. Myself and the other officers were like "No...you HAVE to choose that tactic and choose one of those attackers if you have one of those fights on your path. There is no maybe with this thing"
  • Options
    Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 542 ★★★

Bitter, this is where i will disagree. This tactic is complex enough, along with other non tactic challenges to make planners a little stressed.
    Also, lower level organization is much different from what you are accustomed to. I know where i'm at is organized, but there are plenty of places that do fixed lanes that are stuck with this tactic with no overall planning.
    This tactic requires overall planning that many alliances just do not do. t1, and t2, sure. Any thing below, this is a massive ask.
    We are tier 4 and we do full planning. I know the tactic is easier for tier 4, but it honestly hasn’t been that bad. We’ve had to get creative in how we handle wars, but it is doable.

If you don’t plan, yes, this would be a disaster. There’s no way I can see people successfully going at this tactic without a plan and succeeding.

Also, there is a 10th person for a reason. In alliances that just assign paths, it’s not that hard to have your 10th person assist with prefights or a problem fight or 2.
  • Options
    Matty_Ice said:

We are tier 4 and we do full planning. I know the tactic is easier for tier 4, but it honestly hasn’t been that bad. We’ve had to get creative in how we handle wars, but it is doable.

If you don’t plan, yes, this would be a disaster. There’s no way I can see people successfully going at this tactic without a plan and succeeding.

Also, there is a 10th person for a reason. In alliances that just assign paths, it’s not that hard to have your 10th person assist with prefights or a problem fight or 2.
    Hello, Jon Snow

• Options
    FunnyDude said:

Matty_Ice said:

Hello, Jon Snow

3-0 so far this season. So, I know something. 😁
  • Options
    Doctor_Doom94Doctor_Doom94 Posts: 55
    It's 0-3 so far & we have stooped low in p3 now. Started in p2- 20ish alliance. Doesn't feel like this tactic is worth to go after seriously. Too much going on in certain fights even with right counters. All u want in that moment is to either die or just smash the phone for good & buy a dial phone instead. Back to old days🤣💀🤣
  • Options
    PIKESTAIN said:

Matty_Ice said:

FunnyDude said:

Matty_Ice said:

Hello, Jon Snow

3-0 so far this season. So, I know something. 😁
    Look man. I’m not here to give you a hard time or anything and don’t think anyone should. But you’re dealing with a much more dialed back tactic. 3-0 is great. But 3-0 at tier 4 is a lot different than the higher tiers. I think you’d be having much more trouble at the top level.
    I know I am in an easier version of the tactic and I admitted that many times earlier. I stopped commenting on tier 1 stuff from before. The post I was responding to before was talking about lower tiers and planning, which is where I’m at. So I gave my opinion on lower tier handling tactic/non tactic on a path.

I will step back and allow you tier 1 players to have an convo amongst yourself. ✌🏼
  • Options
    DanxorDanxor Posts: 91
    Its funny they also increased AB values from 80 to 90 this season, so deaths are more impactful and diversity is slightly less important at the same time they bring out a tactic that has encouraged some alliances to abandon diversity.
  • Options
    Danxor said:

Its funny they also increased AB values from 80 to 90 this season, so deaths are more impactful and diversity is slightly less important at the same time they bring out a tactic that has encouraged some alliances to abandon diversity.

This is news to me. Checking up on this.
  • Options

Danxor said:

This is news to me. Checking up on this.
    The first war that the change happened in was the 1st offseason war. You can look through history and do math.
  • Options
    Got a confirmation from DLL in a stream the change was intended and was to do with making the total points a war clear is worth about the same as it was back on our old 55 node maps.