**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Please tell us what happened to the basic schedule

2»

Comments

• FPC3FPC3 Posts: 144 ★★
    edited June 2017
    Mikeself9 wrote: »
    Please please please don't start with complaining about this or think about using that "C" word everyone has been throwing around lately. 98% of the community hates Fixit Felix and SIM is far from outstanding at this point of the game. This is really a big nothing, there's no requirement that they stick to a schedule on arena champs.

Uhhh, no. I don't like it. I'm gonna voice my concern. Don't tell me what I can and can't complain about. I don't demand the C word for the change, I would rather just NOT see the change when I've been planning on it for a long time. Especially since they made this change with ZERO forewarning. I'm glad you have no need of either champ, but I rather enjoy SIM and would like to have a chance, better than pure RNG from crystals, of duping him.

If we don't say anything, how would they know?
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I have all the champs they replaced as well as the ones hat are doing the replacing so his doesn't affect me
  • SchapenkopSchapenkop Posts: 89
    There I was planning for SIM :(

Smdh
  • StavelotXoteStavelotXote Posts: 231
    Mikeself9 wrote: »
    Please please please don't start with complaining about this or think about using that "C" word everyone has been throwing around lately. 98% of the community hates Fixit Felix and SIM is far from outstanding at this point of the game. This is really a big nothing, there's no requirement that they stick to a schedule on arena champs.

Are you referring to the word "compensation"? I don't think anyone here is asking for that. But considering some people do want to get either of these champs regardless of how others feel about them, they can express their concern. And as far as sticking to a schedule, it is what has always been done. This is why people are asking if this is going to become a regular thing. New monthly themed quest happens (surprise) every month, so if that is the justification of it, why should we not have questions if this will happen continually.

Also, you have the option to keep scrolling and not say anything ㄟ(ツ)ㄏ
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    Damn you.... i was really looking forward to dupijg my sim... was gunna give it a go as my first run for a basic champ... like seriously... what a freaking pain in the ass... like seriously...
  • Propaganda83Propaganda83 Posts: 16
    Kabam hasn't annoyed us all enough recently so they thought they'd throw a little spanner in the works. The irritation they caused by insulting us with summoner 'appreciation' wasn't quite sufficient.
    Isn't that super?
  • AndyAndy Posts: 33
    2 of the Basic Heroes this month (Fixit and SIM) are being replaced to make room for more story-centric Champions. This will not be pushing or changing the Basic Schedule for others.

Will you be buffing Joe Fixit. You know as well as I do nobody in the game wants to pull him out of a crystal because everyone who plays him once can see how bad he is. He is not viable at all. Please look at buffing/removing Joe fixit
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    I have already Joe Fixit and I don't care SIM, securely I will not care the new basics champs, so it don't affect me.
    But I think it was unnecessary to break the schedule and this's already a precedent that the basic schedule will no longer be predictable and people cannot make plans, strategies or anything.
    I do think it was unnecessary too because basics champs story centric could be added as features, this is what has been done so far.
  • 4_ME_U_D0N34_ME_U_D0N3 Posts: 141
    I wanted SIM he is one of my oldest 4s that i have yet to dupe
  • spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    I haven't duped SIM yet. It would be worth it to awaken him with a low arena score. I already have Joe Fixit and Venom duped multiple times. Oh well. Better luck next time.
  • ZombiePriest1ZombiePriest1 Posts: 9
    I have been waiting for SIM for a while now and you are just going to replace him with some Spider-Man related ****.... unacceptable
    I have been waiting for SIM for a while now and you are just going to replace him with some Spider-Man related ****.... unacceptable

And why is my avitar Spider-Gwen... this is a conspiracy
    Where was this change of basic arena champs when Kamala Kahn and Magneto Now where in basic arena?
    The schedule for basic champs is unofficial. They can do whatever they want with the basic/featured champ.

It's weird to me, some of the things that players find unacceptable.
  • Hort4Hort4 Posts: 499 ★★★
    It maybe "unofficial" but it is intentionally put out into the public domain. Some people determine who to use awakening gems based upon the upcoming basic arenas. For example, I wouldn't want to use an awakening gem on WWII and might use now on another science champ. If I do that and then they remove WWII from the schedule then I would consider that a reasonable cause to be upset.
    Definitely. That unofficial schedule is certainly useful. I used it to gameplan how to use my rankdown tickets. But it's not an official schedule. Kabam can do what they want. That schedule is predictions from the community based on the featured champ release. But there's nothing in stone that says that schedule has to be accurate.
  • FireatwillFireatwill Posts: 98
    spumington wrote: »
    Definitely. That unofficial schedule is certainly useful. I used it to gameplan how to use my rankdown tickets. But it's not an official schedule. Kabam can do what they want. That schedule is predictions from the community based on the featured champ release. But there's nothing in stone that says that schedule has to be accurate.

What you're saying should be as obviously illogical to you as it is to everyone else. The schedule while "unofficial" is based on a pattern of behavior over several years. Kabam could legally do anything they want at any point, such as deleting all your champions for no reason. The reason this particular foul is unacceptable is because A. They are behaving less predictably in a game that is already total chaos... since it's a slot machine, and B. All things considered it's VERY short notice. We can't have anymore unpredictability in a game already designed to rip you off by making you pray that lightning strikes to succeed. There has to be some consistency somewhere in order to overcome that. Changing things up isn't the end of the world as long as they replace those heroes in the arena with a recency, AND give a much longer notice before doing so.
    Fireatwill wrote: »

What you're saying should be as obviously illogical to you as it is to everyone else. The schedule while "unofficial" is based on a pattern of behavior over several years. Kabam could legally do anything they want at any point, such as deleting all your champions for no reason. The reason this particular foul is unacceptable is because A. They are behaving less predictably in a game that is already total chaos... since it's a slot machine, and B. All things considered it's VERY short notice. We can't have anymore unpredictability in a game already designed to rip you off by making you pray that lightning strikes to succeed. There has to be some consistency somewhere in order to overcome that. Changing things up isn't the end of the world as long as they replace those heroes in the arena with a recency, AND give a much longer notice before doing so.

Yup. You're right. It's based on a pattern of behavior in the past. That doesn't mean they have any obligation to stick to it. The player community has figured out this pattern and can come up with a reasonable, educated guess at the next champ on the schedule. But that's all it is, really. It's just an educated guess. To my knowledge, Kabam never released a basic champ schedule. They haven't broken a schedule because they never released one in the first place.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    What you're saying should be as obviously illogical to you as it is to everyone else.

Actually, the illogical part to me is where Kabam is being asked to give a lot of advance warning before doing something that differs from what players are guessing they are going to do with no confirmation from Kabam itself.

If Kabam formally announced that schedule far in advance, I think they should provide some notice before deviating from it. But the basic schedule is purely an invention of the players projected over a year into the future. Holding Kabam to a player guess is not reasonable, no matter what other gripes you have with the company about other game issues.
  • FireatwillFireatwill Posts: 98
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    What you're saying should be as obviously illogical to you as it is to everyone else.

Actually, the illogical part to me is ...

Sadly logic isn't subjective, if you'd like to know what specific flaw in reasoning someone is making at any given time it's easy to find a list of common fallacies. Here's a list for you take a gander and logic might not be so puzzling from now on. http://utminers.utep.edu/omwilliamson/ENGL1311/fallacies.htm :smiley:

Obviously they don't have an obligation to stick to it, nor do they have any obligation whatsoever to your account. Us expecting that they won't just delete all of our champions for no reason is also just an educated guess. Not sure what's still confusing you. We have to hold them to certain standards, or things like 12.0 will happen more frequently. Predictability in this instance is one of the few fair things we have in this game.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited June 2017
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Actually, the illogical part to me is ...

Sadly logic isn't subjective, if you'd like to know what specific flaw in reasoning someone is making at any given time it's easy to find a list of common fallacies. Here's a list for you take a gander and logic might not be so puzzling from now on. http://utminers.utep.edu/omwilliamson/ENGL1311/fallacies.htm :smiley:

Obviously they don't have an obligation to stick to it, nor do they have any obligation whatsoever to your account. Us expecting that they won't just delete all of our champions for no reason is also just an educated guess. Not sure what's still confusing you. We have to hold them to certain standards, or things like 12.0 will happen more frequently. Predictability in this instance is one of the few fair things we have in this game.

The Guide is unofficial. Meaning, there is nothing to hold them to. No promise has been made on their part, and Arenas are announced as they come for a reason. They do reserve the right to distribute their content as they choose, and nothing official has ever been released in terms of their Arena Schedule.
    As for 12.0, I believe it's time we let it go and stop using it as a frame of reference everytime something changes. There is a vast difference. Even in that, they still had every legal right to change their product as they saw fit, as per the TOS. However, they worked with the Player Base. They did so without obligation because the feedback was large. It's not reasonable to continue to bring it up as some sort of leverage whenever we don't agree with a change. It's come and gone. Perhaps we need to stop bringing it up.
    Finally, theoretically they could delete your Champs because it is their property. Doesn't mean it's cause to believe they would. There is a contradicting factor in your statement because you realize they have the right to decide what to do with their product, and yet you imply the need to hold them responsible. What power does one have when it is their choice?
    If they want to change the Basic Schedule to create a more copacetic storyline, that's their choice. No one promised anything otherwise.
    edited June 2017
    The schedule for basic champs is unofficial. They can do whatever they want with the basic/featured champ.

It's weird to me, some of the things that players find unacceptable.

Just think if the schedule was "unofficial" They shouldn't have any obligation to inform us of these champions Joe fixit and SIM but they did inform us which means that this schedule we have is very official Since its accurate to 100% and kabam had to come out and say that they making a change to the schedule.We dont have a Featured champs schedule and there is a reason for that although i think a schedule for featured would build the hype for players that want certain champs...

I only hope hyperion stays as is and that we android users wont have any issue with the game when hyperion comes.
  • DAVIDTHDAVIDTH Posts: 224
    Yes. I planned vacation time from work for certain champs, will this change effect other champs as well?

That's a bit sad and much don't you think?
    DAVIDTH wrote: »
    Yes. I planned vacation time from work for certain champs, will this change effect other champs as well?

That's a bit sad and much don't you think?

Its not sad and much at all, alot of people do it i worked all month so i could take 4 days when Quake was in arena and did the same with GR but for 3 days