**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Do you agree with Kabam Miike on Quake?

RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★
So, I can across this comment on the direction of Quake from @Kabam Miike:

And I couldn’t disagree more with it.

In my opinion, it makes a lot more sense to adjust (nerf) Quake such that she can be reintroduced into the game, rather than phase her out.

I just think that this is such a bad direction to take with any champion.

But what do you think? Would you rather see Quake adjusted and have her become relevant in today’s meta? Or do you agree with Kabam?

Do you agree with Kabam Miike on Quake? 407 votes

Adjust Quake and reintroduce her
52%
Kabam MiikeSnizzbarVaniteliaBendyEb0ny-O-M4wMagicBentonblacjam1the_eradicatorbenshbSecondSkriller7abo2aLuciusVorenusTerrayossKossukoseMagrailothosNescioTeddersFrankWhiteBlackPhoenix44 215 votes
Leave her as-is and phase her out
47%
Deeparvidanm11RaganatorSpity68Feeney234BigTuna_2054Ragnarok13Vegeta9001Foxhero007ThereticevilKINGwilsonMrGangster94igotgame1075akanakanMityAntBlackGekkougaShadowstrikeAshyKnucklesLilMaddogHTdarj 192 votes

Comments

• Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Bendy said:

Polygon said:

If herc is a champion that is not going to be nerfed, then there should be some way to introduce champs like magik and quake as 6*’s

But thing is due to how op herc is if 6s wasnt a thing at time and highest was a 5 he would also be stuck as a 5 star but hes stuck to being only a 6 and also i agree with moving quakes abilities to be what they said as it doesnt change her in much ways at all
    Yeah but that doesn’t mean they can’t adjust hercs kit (not immortality but him being a nuke attacker or something). Only issue is it would cause tension with the community , but they have all the grounds to do it, and if we ever want to see quake/magic as 6* , we’d have to start with herc as a precedent. Hes just too broken atm with both immortality and being a nuke attacker.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,400 ★★★★★
    edited March 23
    Polygon said:

Bendy said:

Polygon said:

If herc is a champion that is not going to be nerfed, then there should be some way to introduce champs like magik and quake as 6*’s

But thing is due to how op herc is if 6s wasnt a thing at time and highest was a 5 he would also be stuck as a 5 star but hes stuck to being only a 6 and also i agree with moving quakes abilities to be what they said as it doesnt change her in much ways at all
    Yeah but that doesn’t mean they can’t adjust hercs kit (not immortality but him being a nuke attacker or something). Only issue is it would cause tension with the community , but they have all the grounds to do it, and if we ever want to see quake/magic as 6* , we’d have to start with herc as a precedent. Hes just too broken atm with both immortality and being a nuke attacker.
    But like quake people wont like that though as theres a divide of players that would prefer it than not like id love if they nerfed quake magik and herc to just god tier so they dont get left behind but players be like no i like how hercs immortality and special intercepts work when the special intercept timing isnt like any others who have that type of stuff and immortality i wish would be changed
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,297 ★★★★★
    Ercarret said:

I'm not vehemently against the idea of reworking her in theory, but in practice, I think the dev resources are much better spent on buffing bad champions than nerfing OP ones. Presumably the process is pretty much the same between the two - tweak an old kit, then rigorous testing to make sure they land where they are supposed to be. Putting all of that effort into making some champions worse instead of others better just seems...off. That's not how I want Kabam to improve the game.

As for the proposed change, I'm not really feeling it either. I think it fundamentally changes her kit. If I were to suggest a change, I'd keep the Concussion but only allow it to shut off abilities directly from the opponent's kit while still leaving effects from nodes alone. Or possibly vice versa, depending on which alternative Kabam would deem to be more balanced. I think that would keep her more in line with how she is now, while still leaving Kabam plenty of room to counter her via a wider array of nodes or champion abilities.

It's possible that this would still be too OP for the game (especially in the hands of very skilled players) but at least to me, I would prefer something along those lines rather than changing the spirit of her kit entirely.

There is no way to keep her in line with how she is now and not keep her broken at the same time, that's kinda the issue. Either you do and she stays broken, or you don't and she loses broken status but remains very strong still, there's no in between (at least I can't think of any)
  • Options

I see many are talking about quake but I would rather prefer 6 Star magik in today's scenario many Champs are power steal and power lock immunity so will not be that useful and if kabam is scared with her limbo damage then don't forget dust and maestro has the unavoidable damage as well and also don't forget you can steal AAR against magik so she will not be a threat in any case and people can enjoy their back days

Thing with dust is u can avoid sandstorm and same with maestro gamma radiation by not being close to him magiks is pushing her a bar and only way is aar or using champs that ignore damage on hits so omega red medium hits and even then aar isnt reliable since is a chance unless 100%
  • Options
    edited March 23

I see many are talking about quake but I would rather prefer 6 Star magik in today's scenario many Champs are power steal and power lock immunity so will not be that useful and if kabam is scared with her limbo damage then don't forget dust and maestro has the unavoidable damage as well and also don't forget you can steal AAR against magik so she will not be a threat in any case and people can enjoy their back days

None of those are on the same level as limbo damage. One can be fully prevented and even if you trigger it you can mitigate some of it by holding block, the other can be mitigated just by keeping your distance, limbo triggers way more often than any of those two and deals a ridiculous amount of damage. If you had to fight a 6* or 7* high sig Magik in BGs without a counter (either aar or massive energy resistance) you would most likely leave with less than 50% health every single time even if you don't get hit.
  • Options

None of those are on the same level as limbo damage. One can be fully prevented and even if you trigger it you can mitigate some of it by holding block, the other can be mitigated just by keeping your distance, limbo triggers way more often than any of those two and deals a ridiculous amount of damage. If you had to fight a 6* or 7* high sig Magik in BGs without a counter (either aar or massive energy resistance) you would most likely leave with less than 50% health every single time even if you don't get hit.
    Magik in tb eq that is right there
  • Options
    benshbbenshb Posts: 798 ★★★★
    edited March 23
    I don't even think her concussion needs to be changed to vulnerability, it would be enough nerf to only evade if the debuff is applied, which I think should have been the intended way from her release. There are so many nodes that way that can shut her down. Debuff immunity, force of will, mighty charge from the top of my head. or heck, make that concussion potency only 80% or something.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Either they aren't changed and therefore never become any relevant, or they get changed and get the chance to be relevant as 6 and 7-stars. Also more champions for the collection and to rank up
  • Options
    benshb said:

I don't even think her concussion needs to be changed to vulnerability, it would be enough nerf to only evade if the debuff is applied, which I think should have been the intended way from her release. There are so many nodes that way that can shut her down. Debuff immunity, force of will, mighty charge from the top of my head. or heck, make that concussion potency only 80% or something.

They probably wanted to give her more damage cause remember the goal was to take her from broken to God tier. If they take away something they also have to add something to compensate just not as strong as what they took away and damage would be a good way to do this. Quake's damage isn't exactly the best it's just the fact that she's basically untouchable and unkillable on the right hands.
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★★
    I love quake will gladly take the change if we can get her at 7* rarity too.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★
    Leave her as-is and phase her out
    Could be a way to add a deathless quake into the game with that kit, but there is little no point entirely reworking a character that has been a 5* for so long when there are so many that are already 6/7* in dire need of help.

Magik I want to see the reasoning behind though.
  • Options

Could be a way to add a deathless quake into the game with that kit, but there is little no point entirely reworking a character that has been a 5* for so long when there are so many that are already 6/7* in dire need of help.

I'm willing to bet it's the limbo damage, she can't power lock every single champ in the game indefinitely anymore because of how complex some kits are, as well as immunities and nodes. Also her damage isn't really that good so I don't really see her being that game breaking on offense, not as much as on defense.
  • Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 473 ★★★
    I vote leave her as is and release in 6 and 7 stars
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

I like quake and magik and I’d like to see them as 7* and above. Honestly don’t get the stubbornness from some people who think it’s better for them to just exist as dusty 5* relics of the past

On point!
  • Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 473 ★★★
    Bendy said:

Thing with dust is u can avoid sandstorm and same with maestro gamma radiation by not being close to him magiks is pushing her a bar and only way is aar or using champs that ignore damage on hits so omega red medium hits and even then aar isnt reliable since is a chance unless 100%
    Or just bring Vision in and completely shut her down
  • Options

Emilia90 said:

I like quake and magik and I’d like to see them as 7* and above. Honestly don’t get the stubbornness from some people who think it’s better for them to just exist as dusty 5* relics of the past

Some people like to act like they're special because they were cooking with Quake back in her golden days when nothing could stop her. I played Quake back then too but I never understood that mindset of "if they nerf her, they'd be ruining all these memories I have of the game". If anything I'd love to be able to actually use her again, sucks that half the playerbase is against it.

Hear hear. Also, what a stupid mindset. Phase out a champ to preserve a memory vs adjust a champ to make them usable past Act 6. I just can’t believe Kabam decided to leave it alone.
  • Options

As someone who sternly believes that every champion should be able to exist at every rarity: if Quake will never be a 6-Star without a nerf, then release the nerfed 6-Star.

I would absolutely HATE to see a character in this game actually phased out. I know we can talk about Scarlet Witch, Thor, etc, but how long did that take? And what a different game they arrived to once they were released at a higher rarity.

That’s exactly the right attitude. I hope Kabam change their stance on this one.
  • Options

Either they aren't changed and therefore never become any relevant, or they get changed and get the chance to be relevant as 6 and 7-stars. Also more champions for the collection and to rank up

Exactly! It couldn’t be put any better than this!
  • Options

I love quake will gladly take the change if we can get her at 7* rarity too.

• Options

Actually, the situation is dire because Magik and Quake aren’t even 6, 7-stars.
    A 6 or 7-star will still retain some relevance in the game, the two champs mentioned above will not.
    That’s the direction you & Kabam are aligned on anyway.