Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Grinding Units

shield311shield311 Posts: 268
edited March 24 in General Discussion
I recently came across the July 4 deals, for paragon, I'm TB rn but I've compleyed 7.2 do im pretty confident I will be paragon by the time the deals arrive.

Currently I have 500 units and only 400 units left in act 5 exploration, act 6 exploration and classic back issues untouched.

I can slow down my story progression and only use the revives and heals from apothecary.

So basically can I get from 500 to 12k in 3 months without doing 100% milestones in all arenas (i can only initial 2-3 milestones per day)

Comments

• Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,111 ★★★★★
    If you cant do all the milestones I'm very inclined to say there's a 5000% chance you cannot. RichTheMan put out a video breaking down unit grind for FTP players recently if you want to check that out
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,500 ★★★★★
    I regularly get roughly 8k units a month as a fairly active grinder between bcs and milestones. When i really use to push it 12k was pretty normal. I get both new feature champs 1 round each time. The 5* the other period that week, putting up roughly 60-80. The off weeks I again do about 60-80 each period in the feature. I put up 10-15 in the basic each period just getting into 1-10%. Make sure to do at minimum the unit milestones in the alpha, basic, and whatever the other one is called. Though no reason not to do them all. Other benefits besides a lot of units is never having to worry about gold or iso.

Tips. Suicides. Get a treadmill and exercise bike at home. Or if you go to the gym just grind while you exercise. Watch sports? A game lasts about 3 hours. Grind away. Before long you can pay roughly 25% attention to grinding and literally do it one handed so you can do pretty much anything else at the same time.
  • Options
    Thanks for the help guys, as a conclusion, since I can't put alot of time in the game on daily basis, arena grind is very hard, so should i save the units for something cheaper and almost equally spicier coming in future or should I spend on these 7.2, 7.3 completion deals
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,455 ★★★★★
    Just do however much of Arena is bearable to you, Paragon and Valiant deals will be mind breaking this July-4th, any units will help.

Do not miss out on that, if you think, "hehe I'll just grab cyber and Banquet (bruh) deals" then you'll be very disappointed.
  • Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 492 ★★★

I regularly get roughly 8k units a month as a fairly active grinder between bcs and milestones. When i really use to push it 12k was pretty normal. I get both new feature champs 1 round each time. The 5* the other period that week, putting up roughly 60-80. The off weeks I again do about 60-80 each period in the feature. I put up 10-15 in the basic each period just getting into 1-10%. Make sure to do at minimum the unit milestones in the alpha, basic, and whatever the other one is called. Though no reason not to do them all. Other benefits besides a lot of units is never having to worry about gold or iso.

Tips. Suicides. Get a treadmill and exercise bike at home. Or if you go to the gym just grind while you exercise. Watch sports? A game lasts about 3 hours. Grind away. Before long you can pay roughly 25% attention to grinding and literally do it one handed so you can do pretty much anything else at the same time.

12k? That's pure insanity, how many fights per day would that be?
  • Options
    ShuGokisShuGokis Posts: 418 ★★★
    Pikolu said:

If you do every milestone in all arenas, then that is like 1020 or 1200 units or so Weekly. Definitely possible, but that is a lot time invested into the most mind-numbing gamemode in the game

I believe its just over 1k a week, It is for sure a lot of time investment for arena I know personally as I arena grind myself but I will say it pays off in the long run, I am currently sat on about 16.7m battlechips and almost 40k units from it.

The best way to arena grind is do it when you have something to watch as it helps take out all the mind numbing parts of the mode and make sure if you do invest in arena grinding use the sigil for express mode lol
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,111 ★★★★★
    shield311 said:

Thanks for the help guys, as a conclusion, since I can't put alot of time in the game on daily basis, arena grind is very hard, so should i save the units for something cheaper and almost equally spicier coming in future or should I spend on these 7.2, 7.3 completion deals

I'd say spend on the completion deals if you either need them or think you're going to need them for later content because they're pretty decent bang for your buck. But if you think you'll be able to make it by without the items then hold the units until you have to spend them
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,500 ★★★★★

More than most people want to do. But roughly 1 million battle chips a week earned to get 12k a month. I don't know what the breakdown is. But a lot. But at least 1000-1500 a week. What still pisses me of to this day and people really don't understand the unfair advantages alliances like tcn has that still continue to this day is that the vast majority of those players botted 3000+fights every 3 days. Easily 10k units a week or over 500,000 units a year they stole for many years. Every new champ duped. Just bs they got a week vacation and rewarded when it was over.
  • Options
    SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 904 ★★★
    12k? I thought you need 36k nowadays to get all the deals…
    I aim for 500 a week but not sure how big your roster is and if you can do the infinite streak with rank 3s now skewing the algorithm. Also feels like the champs are getting harder to deal with as well. Many abs man, doom, bullseye in arena the last couple of cycles.
  • Options
    SammyDe said:

12k? I thought you need 36k nowadays to get all the deals…
    I aim for 500 a week but not sure how big your roster is and if you can do the infinite streak with rank 3s now skewing the algorithm. Also feels like the champs are getting harder to deal with as well. Many abs man, doom, bullseye in arena the last couple of cycles.

36k is just inhumanely high and not possible at all in 3 months without spending some money in ig so...I asked to try for tier 3 rewards, I will be grabbing tier 2 rewards at the least but I was looking forward for that 2019 to 2021 champion selector
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,527 ★★★★
    Do you not value sleep?
    You must be young.

One day you're young and living off next to no sleep, then you're 40+ and always want a nap. Hahaha
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,455 ★★★★★

Do you not value sleep?
    You must be young.

One day you're young and living off next to no sleep, then you're 40+ and always want a nap. Hahaha

Ummm, have you tried not getting old? Sheesh. 🙄
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,527 ★★★★
    PT_99 said:

Do you not value sleep?
    You must be young.

Ummm, have you tried not getting old? Sheesh. 🙄
    Getting old is better than the alternative. Lol
  • Options
    SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 904 ★★★
    40 is the new 20, didn’t anyone tell you?
  • Options
    Cure2024Cure2024 Posts: 119 ★★

More than most people want to do. But roughly 1 million battle chips a week earned to get 12k a month.
    BS there is no way to grind 1 million chips in 1 week ni matter how hard you grind Arena.
  • Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    Cure2024 said:

More than most people want to do. But roughly 1 million battle chips a week earned to get 12k a month.
    BS there is no way to grind 1 million chips in 1 week ni matter how hard you grind Arena.
    I would normally agreed, but then it also depends how much willpower of your own time you’re willing to invest in the arena and how larger your champion collection is. I had for me that the higher star rarity versus higher star rarity equals more battlechips rewards? I think I got 60 battlechips during one 1 fight out of 3 when I used a 5* against a 6* in featured arena.

So it is definitely possible to grind that much battlechips in a week if you’re willing to do so.
  • Options
    Daddrieda said:

Cure2024 said:

I would normally agreed, but then it also depends how much willpower of your own time you’re willing to invest in the arena and how larger your champion collection is. I had for me that the higher star rarity versus higher star rarity equals more battlechips rewards? I think I got 60 battlechips during one 1 fight out of 3 when I used a 5* against a 6* in featured arena.

So it is definitely possible to grind that much battlechips in a week if you’re willing to do so.
    You need to be examined if you’re doing 1M battlechips a week. I arena grind every week and the most I can bring myself to do is the milestones on all arena and that’s it.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,828 ★★★★★
    By next year, I may reach 50k Units, but what can I get as TB?
  • Options

By next year, I may reach 50k Units, but what can I get as TB?

Use the units to progress to paragon don’t worry about what TB gets you. Focus on progressing
  • Options
    So as a conclusion, spending units on revive bundles for paragon and future content is wiser than save for 4th july deals?
  • Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    ShuGokis said:

Daddrieda said:

Cure2024 said:

You need to be examined if you’re doing 1M battlechips a week. I arena grind every week and the most I can bring myself to do is the milestones on all arena and that’s it.
    Oh, I barely can reach 1 million battlechip with my measly champion collection as it is. Too much power difference in arenas that ranking my champions can’t catch up so I’m just happy enough to get those milestones and that’s it using the kamikaze style.