Options

2024 Allrounder Mastery Setup

G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
So, with a lot of new stuff going on in the game, the priorities for masteries may have shifted…

For example: For the longest time I was content with 1/3 despair… Now more and more „problematic fight“ with regen show up… Necro Wiccan, WoW Absman, Showcase Sassy etc… I have therefore decided to go 3/3 on Despair. Hurts to not run 3/3 Pacify anymore, but I didn‘t know where else to take the points from.

So what would you say: What is the most general „set and forget“ Mastery setup for 2024?

Or maybe 2 setups, one with recoil and one without?

Comments

• Options
    edited March 23
    I‘ll go first:

I think I am pretty happy with this new setup.

If I had the Mastery cores, I would invest more in Mystic Dispersion (taking points from Courage away). But for now I have to be content with 3/5 MD.
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,095 ★★★
    edited March 23
    These are what I currently run. I used to have points allocated in Glass Cannon, Assassin, and Courage, but this seems to be a bit better overall for my roster.

EDIT: I’m still debating the overall defensive usefulness of Inequity in BG/AW compared to if I had Limber at a higher rank instead.

• Options
    Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★
    I really like having 1 point in assassins and 3/3 petrify helps me a lot in BGs. We all know the AI can be terrible so baiting less specials is always super nice. I also do like running courage as it can come in clutch for harder solo content or AW.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,707 ★★★★

I‘ll go first:

I think I am pretty happy with this new setup.

If I had the Mastery cores, I would invest more in Mystic Dispersion (taking points from Courage away). But for now I have to be content with 3/5 MD.

Similar to my day to day.

I run glass cannon instead of courage though, that's the only real difference between ours.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,482 ★★★★★
    edited March 23
    I really like the pacify mastery (AAR on stun) but a lot of champs/nodes punish pacify nowadays,like dani, and it shuts down some beneficial abilities
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,482 ★★★★★
    1 - you didn't have glass cannon, it is an amazing mastery.
    2 - what's the mastery below willpower?
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,707 ★★★★

1 - you didn't have glass cannon, it is an amazing mastery.
    2 - what's the mastery below willpower?

Inequity.

I sometimes run it but not very often.
  • Options
    For me it feels like 3 points are better invested in Courage than Glass Canon.

It is almost triple the attack increase and specifically in harder fights, where you will „revive and go“ you will spend a lot of time below 50% health…
  • Options
    Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    edited March 24

• I use debuff heavy champs so inequity and despair are must haves imo.
    • Chee'ilth is the only bleed champ I use, so I just put in whatever is leftover in deep wounds (in this case 2/5)
    • I like running 4/5 MD, which I find to be the sweet spot, 5/5 is overkill on some champs.

The rest is pretty standard.
  • Options
    DamageFactionDamageFaction Posts: 68

This is the set up I’ve run for the past 5 or 6 years I used to have more points in deep wounds but I don’t have as much bleed champs as I used to so it’s been scaled back in more recent times. Suicides aren’t for everyone but I’ve run them consistently across all game modes pretty much since they first came out no problems.
  • Options
    Cryptoman78Cryptoman78 Posts: 33

I recently just started using this setup as I get a little bit of everything. I was running 5/5 deep wounds but I only use moleman sometimes nick fury and cheeilth. So it makes sense to spread those points out. Also with the more challenging content that has been coming out, I think it makes sense to use 3/3 in courage especially if you are an average player like myself. I do run a lot of mystics so 4/5 MD is a must.

Im not sure if it’s best to max out inequity or if the 2 points are good enough and same applies to glass cannon. My thinking process was to have a little of both… am I wrong?
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,366 ★★★★
    My mastery tree looks like some Frankenstein's monster mismatch that would've been drawn up by a 5 year old that can't play the game. But I'm too stubborn to change it.