**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Stop camping on Victory Track

Comments

• Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,420 ★★★★★
    Give better rewards and I’ll rush to get to the top.
  • Options
    RhythmDeviceRhythmDevice Posts: 25
    I don’t think all those big accounts are camping in VT. I think we may be seeing a side effect of having less participants in BG. I have a big account and I’ve been facing mainly big accounts even if I am currently in Diamond 1.. Win a few, lose a few, a few days ago I had a 3 win, 7 loss string. It’s like spinning in circles this season.

All that to say OP, it’s not always by choice.

• Options
    GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Posts: 367 ★★
    I just faced 4 packed valiants in D2…but, i managed to win 3 straight…and on to D1…prob even worse there…

That feeling…🤭😂🤣
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,309 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Exactly. 1 star or 2 star BGs would be interesting. All one class or "No More Mutants" BGs. Something creative and thematic to sass it up. I'm not interested in account-measuring contests against megawhales, BG fiends, and/or CCP. I'll play enough to get decent seeding if I remember to and that's it. The potential is there, Kabam just isn't doing anything with it.

Athos69 said:

I’m a top 1,500 acc and I’m in a top bg alli and am still in vt. I’m not farming…. I’m there because the game mode sucks. It shouldn’t have sucked as at the beginning it had all the promise to take over the games direction but not enough care and vision has been given to nurture it.

Upping the rewards to previous lvls (that were meta at the beginning) just won’t b enough for me now as I expected some fun with diff game modes within bgs, fun tournaments (as in 4/3/2 star challenge, alli battles where allis pick the top 5 players to compete against other allis until a champ alli is found etc etc. im not that creative 😂 although I do consider myself a tester rather than game mode designer) but what we have over a year on is just stupidly hard nodes or easy af nodes month by month that r not interesting or enticing just a long ass read and a headache to play through.

One of the worst parts is being conditioned to gain and rank champs I wouldn’t even look at before and only last 1 meta. Why not up the rewards and sell elders in deals instead of just selling ridiculously hard def that no one really wants to fight without 1 specific counter or it’s a loss.

it’s not fun and the rewards suck that’s why I’m in vt not gc. It used to take me 2 days to get to cg now it’s over 2 weeks. Apologies that was so long.

I actually like the sound of that, deleting a specific class for a whole season. I've never been a fan of nuke metas they're all so damn boring cause it's really just a roster competition not a skill one.
    People will say what they wanna say about the armor burn and dot metas and even hate on them but compared to metas like the current one, they were actually extremely fun. The metas lately have just been boring and annoying and I'm sure that's another reason people don't wanna get out of VT, GC metas lately have also been extremely unfun and boring.
    It sounds good in theory until you think about it a bit. Let’s say science class is banned, no science attackers or defenders. Mystic defenders will be monsters without any natural counters in the pool. I have no desire to be fighting Ascended Abs Men or r3 Mangogs without access to the champs who shut them down.

Meanwhile, the stock of skill attackers would plummet, without any need to counter Photons or Scorpions. Banning a class from the mode is just too big a swing.

I fully agree with you about nuke metas though. Especially since, on a personal level, I find the most popular nuke champs boring to play and so I choose not to rank them (Herc, AA, CGR, etc.). I much prefer metas that require actual thought beyond “yellow number go brrrr”
    I mean yeah fights would definitely be tougher and it would supercharge certain defenders but they wouldn't be unkillable, the difficulty would just increase a lot which yeah maybe too much for average players. I've killed Abs Man with FAM in sub 40-50 secs before though so it's definitely possible you don't necessarily need a science counter, the fight may be slower but it's doable.
    The main reason I liked this idea is cause I'm already tired of fighting the same defenders and banning the same attackers every match. When people use the same champs over and over again the game gets really boring and that's personally why I absolutely hate nuke metas.
  • Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 473 ★★★
    Matchups should be prestige based in addition to being rank based, should similar prestige not be available due to numbers, it just matches with what is available.
  • Options

Matchups should be prestige based in addition to being rank based, should similar prestige not be available due to numbers, it just matches with what is available.

So you get matched with Cavaliers or whatever your progression title is only and get to GC on week one? What a silly suggestion lol
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

If the goal was to find the best 1000 prestige player, and the best 1100 prestige player, and the best 1200 prestige player, and the best 1300 prestige player, and so on, that would be great.

However, it isn't.
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★
    Finally did my 5 matches to get my starting at silver II bracket rewards. I have about 18 R5 / R2 on the deck. I am still facing similar account size in silver II. Players just stop caring about BG.
  • Options
    Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 536 ★★★
    Two tablets then I lose in vibranium 3 pity that the objects for diablo 7 are too high .. 3 seasons again it's good I'll stop the bg next month 😕
  • Options

So you get matched with Cavaliers or whatever your progression title is only and get to GC on week one? What a silly suggestion lol
    You misunderstood what I meant by prestige based, so if my prestige is say 18,500 and i am in Diamond 1, then system will try to match me in Diamond 1 like its meant to. And also pick another summoner who's prestige is closest to mine.

If I am 9,000 prestige and in Gold 3, same deal! System will look for the closest prestige Gold 3 summoner that happens to be looking for a match at the same time.

Are you following me now?
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

If the goal was to find the best 1000 prestige player, and the best 1100 prestige player, and the best 1200 prestige player, and the best 1300 prestige player, and so on, that would be great.

However, it isn't.
    I'm legitimately not following you on that one.

I'm proposing the matchmaking system uses an extra parameter for its matchmaking, I don't understand how that wouldn't work in the VT.

Read my comment above to better understand what I'm trying to describe.
  • Options
    The top summoners will still reach the top when all is said and done in the GC.

It just makes things fairer for everyone else in the victory track, I'd much rather that system then have a bunch of whales squashing everyone on their way to the top.
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,420 ★★★★★

You misunderstood what I meant by prestige based, so if my prestige is say 18,500 and i am in Diamond 1, then system will try to match me in Diamond 1 like its meant to. And also pick another summoner who's prestige is closest to mine.

If I am 9,000 prestige and in Gold 3, same deal! System will look for the closest prestige Gold 3 summoner that happens to be looking for a match at the same time.

You want big rewards? You have to beat the big accounts.

Now if you said you want to lower rewards for lower prestige accounts, then keep them only fighting each other, I am certainly down for that.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

However, it isn't.
    I'm legitimately not following you on that one.

I'm proposing the matchmaking system uses an extra parameter for its matchmaking, I don't understand how that wouldn't work in the VT.

Read my comment above to better understand what I'm trying to describe.
    All people understand what you are proposing.
    The issue is that you don’t understand what your are proposing.
    You are proposing Prestige Matchmaking.
    Kabam tested it and it was the worst decision they ever made, even worst than deck matchmaking.
    Prestige Matchmaking is the most unfair and most damaging matchmaking that can be implemented at a contest with a shared pool of placements and rewards.
    It took Kabam a few seasons to realize that they were damaging deeply the game and ultimately their own profits.
    There is ZERO chance they go back to a Prestige based matchmaking.
    So drop that idea, because it was tested in two game modes for quite long (AW and then BGs) and it failed gloriously in both 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 743 ★★★
    i mean, most of the playerbase, we have a job and works too. We are not BeroMan or Kurt who tried hard everyday to climb to Celestial 1,2,... I dont know bout u guys, but me and my valiant ally mates happy with doing 3-4 matches every 2 days. Pushing to GC soon doesn't give any bonuses any way, so why should we do that?
  • Options

I've been following you since you posted the first comment. You want to face opponents just as strong as you but not stronger than you, which makes absolutely no sense.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,432 ★★★★

I've been following you since you posted the first comment. You want to face opponents just as strong as you but not stronger than you, which makes absolutely no sense.
    It makes total sense in the same way my 13 year old wants to be rewarded for putting the exact amount of effort he feels like putting into a task with exactly the amount of skill he has at the current time, but not against more skilled people who put in more effort.

I suspect we may have to keep his room ready for his return after college.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,432 ★★★★

It just makes things fairer for everyone else in the victory track, I'd much rather that system then have a bunch of whales squashing everyone on their way to the top.

Pro tip: hide your darn email on your board profile before someone starts spamming onlyfans pages with it.
  • Options

Pro tip: hide your darn email on your board profile before someone starts spamming onlyfans pages with it.
    I think you just gave the trolls the idea cause I was born terminally online and this is the first time I've heard that one 🤣
  • Options
    Athos69Athos69 Posts: 38
    Does that work if they already have an account? 😂
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    Jefechuta said:

Kabam should implement something that does not allow that big accs to just camp on Victory Track

I largely disagree with the premise of your post (there is no real incentive to 'camp'. If Players have a roster full of 6R5 and 7R2, why would they want 6-star shards from Solo Milestones or if they get a high enough Rank, 15k 7-star shards? 6-stars are meaningless to them, and 15k 7-star shards doesn't really mean that much compared to what they can get elsewhere).

But, I have a huge issue with your statement here. You want Kabam to dictate when a player can and should play BGs, when they already mandate so much? There's already so many things players miss out on if they don't login and play regularly, and you want to add another log to the pile.

I am being facetious here, but in this scenario a high end Valiant will be strongly encouraged to put off Work / Vacation / Doctor's Appointments until the 2nd half of the month, because they have to get to BG GC in the first half of the month so that lower strength players don't feel 'camped' on.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,330 ★★★★★
    I love camping, sniping and reading crying texts on ALL CHAT.
    Peak relaxing time.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,401 ★★★★
    I wish I was going against these smaller accts everybody keeps saying are in the VT.

I haven't seen one yet and I'm currently still trying to get 5 tokens for vibranium 3 🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★

I wish I was going against these smaller accts everybody keeps saying are in the VT.

I haven't seen one yet and I'm currently still trying to get 5 tokens for vibranium 3 🤣🤣🤣

I havent seen one in like 10 season and I refuse to think that I am the smaller account...
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    With how abundant rank up materials are now, especially for Valiants, many players have big decks. And most of those players don't play BGs, outside maybe the objectives. So, you're gonna run into them a lot. You're all competing for same rewards.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,401 ★★★★

Feels like vibranium is the new arcane but without the rewards lmao
    It really does seem like that lately.
    It's been a slog.

Legit facing accts 2mil+ rating over mine, and I'm around 3.7 mil, with a pretty decent BG's deck.
    It's crazy.