**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Is Professor X bugged? 🤔

Hey, yall please let me know if I’m overlooking something. Today I’m in a new alliance, I’m running Map8 for the first time. Trying to impress these fellas, I come across Prof X in section 1. I bright ghost for him, after reading that his “anti miss” mechanic SHOULDN’T work on tech champs(ghost). I go in, start of taking a phase hit and of course I get comboed into oblivion.

But was that even supposed to happen? I’m reading his kit again and it says that his mechanic won’t trigger against tech champs or those with #psychic shielding. So he shouldn’t be able to hit ghost during phase, right?

Not just that, but he’s anti evade/miss mechanic isn’t even active until he reaches 25 charges. He starts the fight with 0, so he shouldn’t even be able to counter miss and evade at the beginning of a fight REGARDLESS of class type. I’ve even looked over the nodes again and there is no mention of AAR coming into play. Is he just broken or am I overlooking something? You never can tell with this game man. 🤦🏽‍♂️

Comments

• Options
    GrizzleGGrizzleG Posts: 19
    I just practiced against my Prof X. Is this supposed to be happening? 🤔
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,559 ★★★★★
    Read the abilities of ghost for once. Ghost cannot miss against psychic attacks, and all of prof x attacks are psychic. Ghost cannot miss against Emma's specials as well since they are psychic.

I have seen atleast 100 people before raising the same question as you, no it isn't a Bug.
  • Options
    GrizzleGGrizzleG Posts: 19
    edited March 26

So it’s obviously an issue than?

So I guess my second question is. Which ability trumps the other? And how (with over 250 playable characters) can players tell which abilities take precedence over the other.

I appreciate the help even if your tone came off a bit snarky. I understand that ghost cannot phase against psychic attacks, but what about the part of Profs kit that states “this ability WILL NOT ACTIVATE AGAINST TECH CHAMPIONS”

How can we discern what ability will actually work when two different champions have opposing abilities built into their kit?

I’m sure I’m not the only player that feels like this is an issue.

Read the abilities of ghost for once. Ghost cannot miss against psychic attacks, and all of prof x attacks are psychic. Ghost cannot miss against Emma's specials as well since they are psychic.

I have seen atleast 100 people before raising the same question as you, no it isn't a Bug.

• Options
    RicoShayRicoShay Posts: 228 ★★
    Regardless of whether prof x has or doesn't have a vigilance the psychic hit will land which means ghosts ability is working as intended and so is prof x. None of them cancel each other out because any champ with a psychic blast or hit is going to land on phased ghost. Viv vision can miss prof x so I assume no bugs. Just read champ abilities. Making a problem out of clearly written text and the way an interaction works.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,976 ★★★★★
    Game team should update one of these; descriptions in-game or on the official site.

Agrees it is awkward, but the general idea is that Ghost will get hit by Prof X.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,559 ★★★★★
    Sorry if I'm being rude, I just burst out cuz I've seen a lot off people raising this issue.

Prof x is not bypassing miss cuz of his vigilance, he is bypassing miss cuz of ghost 's abilities. Ghost cannot miss psychic attacks, and all of prof x attacks are psychic. So he need not to trigger vigilance and still attack ghost.