**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Addressing the State of Alliance Wars - Changes and Comp Planned [UPDATED]

Hello Summoners,

We know the current Alliance War season has encountered a number of bugs and growing pains and we acknowledge that the game mode, in its current state, is not at an acceptable level of quality, by the game team or the community’s standards.

Today, we want to update you on the progress of a number of bug fixes. Additionally, our teams have decided to make a number of changes to alleviate the current stresses and to compensate for the frustrations in the season this far.

There will be more information on these points further down this post, but the list of changes are as follows:
  • Adjusting Attack and Defense Tactic tuning
  • Increasing points for Diversity
  • Reducing the number of Wars required for Season reward eligibility to 1
  • Compensating alliances that missed war(s) due to matchmaker errors
  • General compensation for all Summoners based on Alliance War Tier

Tactic Changes

We are aware of the discomfort caused by the meta in its current state. As a result we will be making the following changes, effective immediately.

Defense Tactic Changes
  • Indestructible timer duration adjusted from 5/10/15 to 10/15/20.
  • Stack limit adjusted from 3/5/7 to 3/4/5.
Attack Tactic Changes
  • (NEW) Each prowess lowers Ability Power Rate by 20% (capped at 100%)
  • (NEW) Killmongers indestructible charges no longer consume the attack tactic’s prowess.

Changes to Diversity Scoring

The combination of tactics and the recent wave of difficult defenders has resulted in many Alliances relying on multiples of the same defender. This, obviously, was an unintended behaviour and as a result we will be changing Defender Diversity from 30 to 270 points for this and next Season to incentivize alliances to place different champions and, as a result, reduce frustrating paths for attacking Alliances.
This will be live on Friday so all Alliances have a chance to change their Defenses.

Changes to Reward Eligibility

Due to bugs causing matchmaking errors resulting in a lower number of potential matches, we are reducing the required participation from 5 matches all the way down to one, effective immediately.

Compensation for Missed Wars

Alliances that missed war(s) due to matchmaker errors will receive full per-win rewards and points for all missed wars.
Added April 2nd: Season Points granted assume a perfect victory
Note: We will NOT be compensating and/or adjusting WR

This compensation will be released as soon as we can.

General Comp

We will be sending AW compensation to all Alliances. The package will scale depending on Alliance War Tier.

Expect this general compensation to happen at the conclusion of the season.

Bug Tracking and Fix Status

Some Alliances are encountering enlistment issues
Fix live!

Alliances who fail to match up do not receive a bye
Fix in progress

Summoners are unable to join AW after joining a new Alliance
Fix confirmed for April build

Update - April 2nd:
Due to the issue with Diversity scoring during War #7, this war will not count towards the season scoring.
Considering this issue, added to the messy season thus far, the compensation will be as follows:
General compensation for everyone that participated in S48 - A full season's worth of victory rewards at 3 Battlegroups regardless of how many BGs they ran
Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 949 ★★★★
    The tactic was terrible, I hated it.
  • Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 949 ★★★★
    It was terrible running decay on path 9 and having to deal with tactic defenders.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    Nice to see a response, this is definitely a good update.
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,458 ★★★
    Hopefully comp gets me the 500k loyalty I need for a 7 star loyalty crystal
  • Options
    JerryJiverJerryJiver Posts: 104
    edited March 27
    Nvm, thought this was effective immediately but the diversity scoring change goes live Friday
  • Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★

Crys23 said:

Points adjustment for diversity it's an overcorrection. Even if full attack bonus is lost on a duplicate defender (240), it wont matter since you gain 270 in diversity.
    Should've been like 150 per unique defender, so anyone placing duplicates would want at least 2 kills from that defender. Or 220, get 3 kills to offeset the diversity loss.
    I get that you want to promote full diversity, but removing duplicate defenders as a strategy option seems like another poor design choice.

Also, you listed the new timers as 10/15/20, so the stack limits should read as 5/4/3, since the 10s goes with the 5stacks, 15 with 4, 20 with 3.

I agree that it seems like an overcorrection, but the bigger issue is announcing this about an hour before matchmaking for the next war starts. Not enough time for an alliance to react to the changes, so those allies who went with a low diversity strategy are now penalized
    It's not for this upcoming war. It's for the one after this, i.e Friday war.
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,149 ★★★★★
    Kill the joy of having some duplicate defenders.
  • Options
    BlackOracleBlackOracle Posts: 254 ★★★

That’s it…?

They might be fresh out of ponies.
  • Options
    Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 536 ★★★
    Great idea, I'm also waiting for changes in battleground because I've been in v3 for two weeks and it's not normal
  • Options
    Dylan_1801Dylan_1801 Posts: 12
    Kabam find a reasonable middle ground challenge - difficulty: impossible.. May as well remove the tactic atp
  • Options
    Amms90Amms90 Posts: 335 ★★★

Hen4y said:

but we're joking I hope, double nerf to the global node? :-( seriously? the first nerf was perfect, a difficult global but not impossible, so it's a joke

What tier do you play at? Just asking. Don't know if you're trying to show off or something, but even top level alliance players want to quit over the **** the tactic was.
    he's nefti they're winning war season so he has the right to state he enjoys the nodes lol. Although of course generally speaking they suck
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,713 ★★★★★
    edited March 27
    I am glad they are fixing the issue with new alliance members not being able to place defense; but April update is almost end of season... that's a bit too late if people lost many wars due to this. Specially with the increase on diversity points and the atk bonus points.
    Even worse we lost war tiers due to it and the extra compensation is based on tier after the season is over.
  • Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    Amms90 said:

Hen4y said:

but we're joking I hope, double nerf to the global node? :-( seriously? the first nerf was perfect, a difficult global but not impossible, so it's a joke

What tier do you play at? Just asking. Don't know if you're trying to show off or something, but even top level alliance players want to quit over the **** the tactic was.
    he's nefti they're winning war season so he has the right to state he enjoys the nodes lol. Although of course generally speaking they suck
    Ahh. Just wanted to know. Doesn't mean that his opinion is right since we've seen a massive number of players hate the tactic and even quit but to each his own.
  • Options
    Hen4yHen4y Posts: 25

Hen4y said:

Tier 1 in nefti
  • Options
    Nicoya24Nicoya24 Posts: 38
    I believe there should be a separate compensation for the alliances who could not placed defenders or use all 30 attackers due to the AQ raid bug. My master tier 1 alliance (SGA-1) should not have to receive a generic compensation along with everyone else that were not impacted by the bug. Those ally's this season who are experiencing the same issue we did last season need to be communicated with by kabam and work out something that is fair and makes sense. We had to use more resources to compensate for the missing player and play at a 2-death disadvantage for the last 3 wars of last season. Unfair advantage that goes beyond I am sure what everyone else will be receiving.

Feel free to message me directly (Nico24) in game or the email address attached to my in-game name. Here is our thread that is around a month old when we first brought up the issue that have received over 5k views and 200 comments.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/360977/alliance-war-placement-bug/p1
  • Options
    Hen4yHen4y Posts: 25

Amms90 said:

Hen4y said:

Ahh. Just wanted to know. Doesn't mean that his opinion is right since we've seen a massive number of players hate the tactic and even quit but to each his own.
    I don't pretend to be right, or that my opinion is right, I demand stability, making such an important change in the middle of the season is shameful, however I agree with amms90, he is right from my point of view
This discussion has been closed.