**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Mastery Update Incoming!!!

124»

Comments

• Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,179 ★★★★★
    When we had that free week with mastery points cost eliminated, I did the Carina's challengers Abyss vol 2. I swapped masteries every fight (or virtually every fight) because I had suicides on for Diablo whenever I used him and the next fight I'd take them off. I saved so many units. I can see why they have to have a cost. Also, 35 units is way better than I thought they would do.
  • Options
    Kabam CrashedKabam Crashed Posts: 69 ★★★
    Polygon said:

Polygon said:

@Kabam Crashed @Kabam Miike

Very good job on the update, only one concern I have regarding the 35 units. Its definitely cheaper than before but when you consider the fact that when you swap to a temporary loadout for a given quest and then switch back, it’s going to be 70 units each time.

Say, I’m about to the CCP avengers challenge, I dont need MD, i may want to temporarily switch it out for Collar Tech. But after that, MD is what I would normally use.

Alternatively if i want to do the Tigra Challenge , I may want to have max Deep Wounds etc.

The possibilities are numerous, but the point I’m trying to make is it would make much more sense for us to be able to disable points in certain masteries to be able to spec points in other ones. That way we don’t have to pay to spec the whole tree or pay 70 units via the loadout switches

Let me know your thoughts

As I said above, you can still choose to manage your active mastery loadout exactly how you do now. So if there is a mastery swap that would be cheaper using the current system, you can absolutely just do what you are currently doing now. The system is designed as a Pareto improvement, nobody is made worse off and many players are made better off.
    I understand this but my post was more so referring to removing single points at a time (also brought up by @Wicket329 i believe) as opposed to the current system because that would actually cost even more units than from the new system, as if you want to switch points out from say deep wounds to inequity you would have to reset the whole offense tree.
    Ahhh I see what you are saying now. The way that players will switch individual masteries within loadouts is not changing and there are no plans to change it at this time.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,949 ★★★★
    Finally I’ve been waiting for this. It’s always so annoying to change masteries for different champs (ex: suicide and not suicide friendly) and now we have these
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,798 ★★★★★

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Very good job on the update, only one concern I have regarding the 35 units. Its definitely cheaper than before but when you consider the fact that when you swap to a temporary loadout for a given quest and then switch back, it’s going to be 70 units each time.

Say, I’m about to the CCP avengers challenge, I dont need MD, i may want to temporarily switch it out for Collar Tech. But after that, MD is what I would normally use.

Alternatively if i want to do the Tigra Challenge , I may want to have max Deep Wounds etc.

The possibilities are numerous, but the point I’m trying to make is it would make much more sense for us to be able to disable points in certain masteries to be able to spec points in other ones. That way we don’t have to pay to spec the whole tree or pay 70 units via the loadout switches

As I said above, you can still choose to manage your active mastery loadout exactly how you do now. So if there is a mastery swap that would be cheaper using the current system, you can absolutely just do what you are currently doing now. The system is designed as a Pareto improvement, nobody is made worse off and many players are made better off.
    I understand this but my post was more so referring to removing single points at a time (also brought up by @Wicket329 i believe) as opposed to the current system because that would actually cost even more units than from the new system, as if you want to switch points out from say deep wounds to inequity you would have to reset the whole offense tree.
    Ahhh I see what you are saying now. The way that players will switch individual masteries within loadouts is not changing and there are no plans to change it at this time.
    Would it be possible to unlock Mastery on the right side of tree and remove mastery point restriction on the preceding mastery.

Can I unlock Liquid Courage without needing to have a point in Recoil?
  • Options
    AvnishAvnish Posts: 295 ★★
    Finally it is happening! Thanks a lot Kabam. I have just one question may be it got covered in chat. I didn't read all the massage.

As I have unlocked suicide, deep woulds despair etc. so do I need to unlock them again in other 2 setup or it will be unlocked already. Or on future unlocking any mastery will apply all 3 master setup?
    @Kabam Crashed
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,798 ★★★★★

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Would it be possible to unlock Mastery on the right side of tree and remove mastery point restriction on the preceding mastery.

Can I unlock Liquid Courage without needing to have a point in Recoil?
    That would be way too OP my dude. There's a reason you get so much attack from those, because you trade it for taking damage when using specials. Everyone and their mother would be running LC/DE 24/7 if Recoil wasn't required, even if the champs weren't suicide friendly.
    It is merely unlocking it, not bypassing to put in a point.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,338 ★★★★★
    edited March 27

Wicket329 said:

I’m theory crafting some efficient ways to handle the three loadouts, and here’s what I got:

For your primary, day to day loadout, save it with everything you would normally use EXCEPT willpower. Just leave those points unspent and save the loadout. I’d say leave dexterity of too, but that means missing an entire tree and that defeats the purpose.

After saving, then put your willpower points in. That way when you have to fight a beefy Warlock or some other fight where you need to turn willpower off, you just swap to the loadout and don’t need to redo the entire defense tree. And when you’re done with that fight, you only need to spend the handful of units for willpower and not the ones you’d need for every other defensive mastery.

Forgive my lack of T1-ness, but, is this a common thing for people to do? Think the only Warlock I've ever turned Willpower off for has been that EOP one back in the day.
    True lol, this whole thing of, "OMG WARLOCK, MUST TURN WILLPOWER OFF OR I WILL LOSE 5% HP"
    What the hell, just use champion loaded with giga buffs like Hulkling, Angela, Vox. I didn't even turned it off for EOP 😆 I indulge in sadomasochism yes
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 743 ★★★★

I donno why everyone is thinking cost is 35 units when it's really 70 units, because you switch back again, also if someone has to do it frequently that is hell of a cost compared to what one casual players gets in terms of units and how much one has to save for so many different content and events in the game.

The loadout feature is great and to assign one to war is pretty good. Other than that I don't see myself using this feature much due to the unit cost.

Exactly. I will make a defensive setup and that's AW defense. Then one with recoils that I'll use during offseason.
    And the third loadout will be like it is right now. Switch masteries as needed, like this fight needs max MD, or max Pacify. Next needs collar tech, then max despair or deep wounds.

The day to day usage and needs will be the same and these loadouts won't do a thing to help with that. But they will be big help not having to worry having correct defensive masteries at the moment AW matchmaking starts. And once season ends, switching to recoils will be 1 tap and 35 units away, instead of 100-150 units (and possibly that many taps too).
  • Options
    AvnishAvnish Posts: 295 ★★

I donno why everyone is thinking cost is 35 units when it's really 70 units, because you switch back again, also if someone has to do it frequently that is hell of a cost compared to what one casual players gets in terms of units and how much one has to save for so many different content and events in the game.

The loadout feature is great and to assign one to war is pretty good. Other than that I don't see myself using this feature much due to the unit cost.

Whatever! But it is still cheaper than previous. If you use full despair and deep wounds. That alone take 30 units and then 30 units for precision and cruelty around 20 units for suicide. If you switch to suicide it will cost you around 90-100 units. And switching back costs 60-70 units.

In comparison 70 units are very less than 160 units. And main benefit is you can setup mastery for AW in which you can configure the mastery for defence only and set that for aw permanently. And for attack use other 2 as suicide and non-suicide.
  • Options
    PT_99 said:

Wicket329 said:

I’m theory crafting some efficient ways to handle the three loadouts, and here’s what I got:

For your primary, day to day loadout, save it with everything you would normally use EXCEPT willpower. Just leave those points unspent and save the loadout. I’d say leave dexterity of too, but that means missing an entire tree and that defeats the purpose.

After saving, then put your willpower points in. That way when you have to fight a beefy Warlock or some other fight where you need to turn willpower off, you just swap to the loadout and don’t need to redo the entire defense tree. And when you’re done with that fight, you only need to spend the handful of units for willpower and not the ones you’d need for every other defensive mastery.

Forgive my lack of T1-ness, but, is this a common thing for people to do? Think the only Warlock I've ever turned Willpower off for has been that EOP one back in the day.
    True lol, this whole thing of, "OMG WARLOCK, MUST TURN WILLPOWER OFF OR I WILL LOSE 5% HP"
    What the hell, just use champion loaded with giga buffs like Hulkling, Angela, Vox. I didn't even turned it off for EOP 😆 I indulge in sadomasochism yes
    Actually, that EoP Warlock is quite horrible if you have Willpower enabled. Definitely way more than 5% HP taken as damage. Especially when you're trying to do some of the CCP Challenges :)
  • Options
    GMAX77GMAX77 Posts: 505 ★★★

DNA3000 said:

I was so excited when I read that Mastery Loadouts were coming to the game, until the end of the post. Don't get me wrong, it's a very good news for sure, but having a cost for switching them is ridiculous. Unlocking masteries is very costly as is, and the big complaint on switching them was exactly the unit cost. Please consider removing the cost, or at least making that we can mark a loadout for arena, just as it appears that we can mark one for AW defense.

I wish there were no loadout cost as well. It is, however, a significant decrease to the 100+ (150?) units it was costing me to rebuild them each time I went into necropolis.
    It is an improvement for sure. But as always, Kabam put a big turd on top of the cake, then wonders why people hate on them so much. Guess this will never change.
    That's one way to look at it. However, if it isn't enough for you to have an improvement in the game if it doesn't happen exactly the way you think it should, I suspect you go through life eating a lot of those turd sandwiches.

Personally, I didn't expect mastery switching to be free, nor do I think it is even desirable for it to be completely free. For it to be a) more convenient, b) cost less, and c) have a way to eliminate the *need* to switch for one of the most common use cases is... hmm, actually this is something I suggested years ago. Right down to the AWD specific settings. I called them "mastery profiles" back then.

In effect, the slots in BG are mastery profiles: mastery configurations that are specific to BG. Using those, we don't have to switch masteries at all just to use a different one for BG. We set it once, and then BG automatically uses that one. We will now also be able to set an AWD one, and then AWD will automatically use that one. In both cases, there's a cost to actually set up the mastery configuration, but from that point on there's no cost to "switch" to it: the game simply uses that set up in that mode regardless of your mastery set up elsewhere.

For all other game modes, we will have a shared set of profiles that we can switch between for less cost than it would normally take to completely redo our masteries. If we primarily use just two different set ups - outside of AWD or Battlegrounds - our switching costs are now a flat amount, and switching is now far more convenient.

Hate Kabam all you want. If it was up to me, we'd have had this capability long ago. But you wouldn't have gotten free unlimited mastery switching from me either. Nor would you likely have ever convinced me it was a good idea.
    1) The cost for swapping masteries was the biggest reason why people asked for a loadout in the first place. Reducing the cost instead of removing it is only half of a good job.

2) Arena is the biggest reason why many players, myself included, uses the recoil masteries. Having to pay 35 units every time I go to arena, then another 35 when going back to questing, AQ, or AW attack is ridiculous.

3) I never said things have to be the way I wanted, let alone demanded it. The only thing I did was sharing an opinion on something that I saw happening many times before, but of course a white knight would get triggered by the fact that someone shared an opinion they don't' like.
    -------------------------------------------------
    1) If 35 units is too much, consider a few rounds in Arena. Between that and whatever 22 hour even is going on, it should be relatively easy to snag the units.

2)It is not a requirement to switch the loadout. If the 35 unit asking is more than one can handle, they can stick to a standard mastery set up and play as they've been playing for the last however many years.

3) Is one considered a "white knight" if they are pro-Kabam but agree with you? Are they only a white knight if their pro-Kabam opinion is in opposition to the individual. I do not agree with everything the company does, but in all fairness that's the beauty of us all having opinions. I would love if we could all get to the place where both pro and con opinions are seen as valid, and someone does not have to get the dreaded "white knight" label just because they have a viewpoint that promotes or is in line with the developer's action, perspective, or choice that a potentially vocal minority is against.

" of course a white knight would get triggered by the fact that someone shared an opinion they don't' like"
    The hypocrisy of this statement is staggering. :s
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,338 ★★★★★

PT_99 said:

Wicket329 said:

Actually, that EoP Warlock is quite horrible if you have Willpower enabled. Definitely way more than 5% HP taken as damage. Especially when you're trying to do some of the CCP Challenges :)
    Sorry I didn't mentioned CGR as giga buffs champion 😔
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 819 ★★★★
    edited March 28
    Thank you.

Genuinely. If this isn't some April fools joke, this is an amazing pro-player move Kabam.
    Thank you so much. The associated cost is fine, it's not unreasonable at all, yeah there may be loadout modifications that are cheaper but if so - just do it manually. This potentially saves units as well as time. Huge win.

My only ask of clarification, is does the loadout saved for defense actually save? Is it truly "set and forget"? Meaning, if I check the box and set that loadout, set my defenders. Am I free to switch my mastery loadout around as many times as I want and my defensive masteries will never change because the box was checked? Or will my defensive masteries switch around to whatever loadout is active?
  • Options
    Avnish said:

Finally it is happening! Thanks a lot Kabam. I have just one question may be it got covered in chat. I didn't read all the massage.

As I have unlocked suicide, deep woulds despair etc. so do I need to unlock them again in other 2 setup or it will be unlocked already. Or on future unlocking any mastery will apply all 3 master setup?
    @Kabam Crashed

Nope! The masteries you've unlocked are unlocked across all of your Loadouts. No need to unlock them again.
  • Options
    KenkylKenkyl Posts: 8
    Hope this is not APRIL FOOLS.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    This looks really really well done and fairly executed with a solid launch plan. Tip of the cap to the team on this