**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Can we confirm r3 materials in 8.4?

I know they said it was dropping on April 10. And I feel like the consensus has been r3 materials will be part of the rewards but is that confirmed or stated at any point? Thanks for the help

Comments

• Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,410 ★★★★★
    They said from 8.4 exploration
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,318 ★★★★★
    R3 materials wouldn't make sense imo, I'm still thinking r3 class gem. Anyways no hasn't been confirmed, we will know on April 10th.
  • Options
    DrDisconnect.DrDisconnect. Posts: 396 ★★
    Bendy said:

No it'll be act 8 exploration
  • Options

Bendy said:

Act 8 explore 8.4 all same to me if those done all 3 100% already i just said 8.4 as its when most will need to do for the full explorations but 8.4 might still have something will have to see
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,183 ★★★★
    Bendy said:

Bendy said:

Act 8 explore 8.4 all same to me if those done all 3 100% already i just said 8.4 as its when most will need to do for the full explorations but 8.4 might still have something will have to see
    That's good that you are prepare for it by doing ACT 8.1-8.3 100% but others might have not and if they can skip 100% Act 8.1-8.3 and just 100% Act 8.4, they would.
  • Options
    DotDot Posts: 10
    It was in the November stream before Necropolis launched. There will be a r3 available in some form from act 8 exploration. My personal bet is a random class from a 2-3 crystal.
  • Options
    Deacon said:

it will not be materials. that would make ABSOLUTELY ZERO SENSE. rank up crystals and/or gems have been the main ingredient for exploration. why on earth are we even hinting at a change in that formula.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, not to mention when they explained the three ways we would be able to get Valiant they literally said:
    -Necropolis completion and exploration
    -Completion and deals
    -Completion and 8.4
    They didn't mention Banquet here which if you whaled out really REALLY hard you could get enough t4 alpha for more r3s (just look at Usafa's account 8 r3 7* already and at least three of them must've come from GBCs alone).
    This imo means that these three have r3 gems and therefore guaranteed r3s without having to buy extra mats or anything. If they were talking about r3s in general whether it's gems or rank up mats then why was Banquet not mentioned there as another possible way to become Valiant if some people did indeed get r3 mats from the GBCs?
    R3 mats for 8.4 or 8 100% make absolutely no sense to me, I agree.
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    edited March 28
    It’ll probably be a 2-3 crystal, though I’m hoping they maybe make it a nexus just so rng isn’t as big of a factor. I doubt they will tho :/
  • Options

Yes it was stated back in November I believe when Valiant first came out

Yep, and I can confirm that this hasn't changed. Act 8 Exploration will give you the materials you need to R3 a 7-Star. How that looks will be revealed later!
    Wait then no gem? Wh-
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,787 ★★★★★

Yep, and I can confirm that this hasn't changed. Act 8 Exploration will give you the materials you need to R3 a 7-Star. How that looks will be revealed later!
    Wait then no gem? Wh-
    He didn't say no gem. Only materials. That could be gems or it could be catalysts.
  • Options
    @jcphillips7 @Buttehrs he said materials, plural. Unless there's a 1-2 gem included as well it shouldn't be in plural, makes it sound more like catalysts.
  • Options

@jcphillips7 @Buttehrs he said materials, plural. Unless there's a 1-2 gem included as well it shouldn't be in plural, makes it sound more like catalysts.

Maybe I'm just overthinking it lol doesn't matter I'll take it anyways whatever it is.
  • Options
    Id rather the t4a more than a gem but really depends on what we get but only have to wait till the 10th to find out
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,035 ★★★★★
    Bendy said:

Id rather the t4a more than a gem but really depends on what we get but only have to wait till the 10th to find out

My hierarchy of what I want is:
    1) generic gem
    2) t4a
    3) class gem

I fully accept beggars can’t be choosers, but I know exactly who I want to r3 next, and I’ll be mildly bummed if it’s a class gem and I don’t roll the class I want.
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

Bendy said:

My hierarchy of what I want is:
    1) generic gem
    2) t4a
    3) class gem

I fully accept beggars can’t be choosers, but I know exactly who I want to r3 next, and I’ll be mildly bummed if it’s a class gem and I don’t roll the class I want.
    Yep i have 3 classes i dont want a r3 in so i dont want a random gem if have to cool ill just wait on a champ in that class but i want something i can use right away
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,285 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

NOOOOOOOOOOO! Ugh. The last thing I want to do is go back and 100% 8.1 and 8.2. They sucked compared to 8.3.
    That's rough buddy
    It could be worse. No objectives to meet, so I can use whoever I want and my roster is a teensy smidge better than it was when they first came out. Still, the pre-8.3 hell of excessive paths and fights is one I never want to go back to. Fingers crossed Act 8 completion will give a T4A, then I wouldn't need to bother with Exploration.
  • Options
    CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,109 ★★★★

ahmynuts said:

NOOOOOOOOOOO! Ugh. The last thing I want to do is go back and 100% 8.1 and 8.2. They sucked compared to 8.3.
    That's rough buddy
    It could be worse. No objectives to meet, so I can use whoever I want and my roster is a teensy smidge better than it was when they first came out. Still, the pre-8.3 hell of excessive paths and fights is one I never want to go back to. Fingers crossed Act 8 completion will give a T4A, then I wouldn't need to bother with Exploration.
    Most likely they're gonna make you work for that R3
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,069 ★★★★★
    well we'll see on the next live stream ... i mean technically it doesn't matter how or what gets summoners to the end goal of their next R3 (those who are chasing Valiant anyway) ... materials, gems, crystals ... if they go the materials route that's a far cry from what used to be. would i care? nope not really ... i'd probably prefer it so i can take who i want up instead of being whisked into the magical land of RNG with a crystal.

it wouldn't surprise me ... Kabam has been shaking things up a lot since announcing Valiant. but it better not be a case of well it'll be enough materials if you've already acquired such and such through deals etc. that would be a big mountain of pooooop.
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 681 ★★★★

ahmynuts said:

That's rough buddy
    Compared to pre-nerf (both times) Act 6, 8.1 and 8.2 are a breeze and no where near tedious. No class/rarity gates, paths that don't overlap for all but a couple fights, paths that require more than 70 energy, etc.
  • Options
    CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,109 ★★★★
    Deacon said:

but it better not be a case of well it'll be enough materials if you've already acquired such and such through deals etc. that would be a big mountain of pooooop.

It was already confirmed last year during one of the livestreams that Act 8 would give you enough materials to get a R3 champion. No need to buy any other deals.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,069 ★★★★★

Deacon said:

but it better not be a case of well it'll be enough materials if you've already acquired such and such through deals etc. that would be a big mountain of pooooop.

It was already confirmed last year during one of the livestreams that Act 8 would give you enough materials to get a R3 champion. No need to buy any other deals.
    yep i know .. just sayin' .. no shenanigans allowed lol