**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Do you agree with Kabam Miike on Quake?

Comments

• Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★
    Adjust Quake and reintroduce her

Final score 175:171
    @Kabam Miike we won lol

177-171 😉
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,396 ★★★★★
    Rookiie said:

@Kabam Miike we won lol

177-171 😉
    How is it still this close haha but yay haha a majority
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★★
    Most people forget that quake damage will be boosted with the physical vulnerability and as well having her in 6/7 rarity the only downside is she won't be able to counter all the nodes in the game and might not be able to take some defenders she used to take. But looking at mcoc now one of the pain points in the game is the AI not throwing special, quake has always had the ability to finish fight without having to bait special which is a great utility to have as most defenders or troublesome nodes starts giving issues the moment you push the AI past one bar of power or having to touch the. Imo she will be a wonderful addition to the game moving forward.
  • Options
    IggyPopIggyPop Posts: 29
    Leave her as-is and phase her out

The thing is, I feel as if though every character in the game is a fun work of art, and leaving them behind is not only a shame to the developer but also to those who enjoy a different play style that the character offers.

Totally understandable. I would hate if my work that I spend days and maybe weeks working to perfection was forgotten and left on a shelf collecting dust.
    But, what about other great looking/animated champs that could use a facelift and already present at 6* rarities? Why try to reinvent a wheel that works perfectly when there are plenty of other things to be working on? Makes sense to spend resources at this time where they needed most. Don’t think Quake needs it now though, maybe down the road for sure.
  • Options
    IggyPopIggyPop Posts: 29

@Kabam Miike we won lol

I didn’t see no timer to indicate that poll is over 👀 maybe more people will pull up to vote for or against, let’s just sit, comment on other people’s opinions and wait 😁
  • Options
    IggyPop said:

@Kabam Miike we won lol

I didn’t see no timer to indicate that poll is over 👀 maybe more people will pull up to vote for or against, let’s just sit, comment on other people’s opinions and wait 😁

I think it’s done - unless this poll gets a lot of attention from Kabam or a prominent content creator - we won’t see that many more votes.
  • Options
    Rookiie said:

IggyPop said:

@Kabam Miike we won lol

I think it’s done - unless this poll gets a lot of attention from Kabam or a prominent content creator - we won’t see that many more votes.
    Yeah wish kabam could provide more details of the change as with just the 2 they mentioned its not enough to convince everyone but maybe a more detail explanation will
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,296 ★★★★★
    IggyPop said:

@Kabam Miike we won lol

Poll's been up for nearly week lmao I'm sorry.
  • Options
    IggyPop said:

The thing is, I feel as if though every character in the game is a fun work of art, and leaving them behind is not only a shame to the developer but also to those who enjoy a different play style that the character offers.

Totally understandable. I would hate if my work that I spend days and maybe weeks working to perfection was forgotten and left on a shelf collecting dust.
    But, what about other great looking/animated champs that could use a facelift and already present at 6* rarities? Why try to reinvent a wheel that works perfectly when there are plenty of other things to be working on? Makes sense to spend resources at this time where they needed most. Don’t think Quake needs it now though, maybe down the road for sure.
    Also Quake's nerf wouldn't put a halt to the rebalancing program or delay anything that much. It would take a month just like every other buff so far, one month is really not that big of a deal we'd be back to seeing buffs in no time.
  • Options
    Can we bring Quake back now please?
    @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    MadGodOryxMadGodOryx Posts: 55
    IggyPop said:

What about Cyclops? Why are we buffing X champ instead of Cyclops? Wont someone please think of the Cyclops!!

Buddy. Its a rebalancing program. Its built to rebalance. There is a champ so awfully balanced that they cant even be a 6 star. We even have a blueprint on what do change with them already.

So, how about we just stop throwing around absolutely worthless whataboutisms and REBALANCE THE CHAMP then?
  • Options

IggyPop said:

What about Cyclops? Why are we buffing X champ instead of Cyclops? Wont someone please think of the Cyclops!!

Buddy. Its a rebalancing program. Its built to rebalance. There is a champ so awfully balanced that they cant even be a 6 star. We even have a blueprint on what do change with them already.

So, how about we just stop throwing around absolutely worthless whataboutisms and REBALANCE THE CHAMP then?
    It's pretty funny to me how people keep acting like this would totally delay future buffs by a couple of months because a lot of time and resources have to go into her nerf when half of it is pretty much already done lol.
  • Options
    MadGodOryxMadGodOryx Posts: 55

IggyPop said:

It's pretty funny to me how people keep acting like this would totally delay future buffs by a couple of months because a lot of time and resources have to go into her nerf when half of it is pretty much already done lol.
    9 out of 10 people who trot out that line dont even care that much about how long it would take. They just dont like the nerf word attached to it
  • Options

IggyPop said:

9 out of 10 people who trot out that line dont even care that much about how long it would take. They just dont like the nerf word attached to it
    Yeah, and I'm willing to bet 50% of the people who voted no don't even play Quake at all, just here to complain for the sake of complaining as per usual.
    In what world is it logical to think "champion fading into obscurity completely even if that means I will never be able to use them again cause the game is moving forward > nerfing them slightly so they can move forward too and be relevant again".
    It just really REALLY doesn't make sense to me, what even is the logic behind that? Elitism? Wanting to feel special? Lol
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★

IggyPop said:

Yeah, and I'm willing to bet 50% of the people who voted no don't even play Quake at all, just here to complain for the sake of complaining as per usual.
    In what world is it logical to think "champion fading into obscurity completely even if that means I will never be able to use them again cause the game is moving forward > nerfing them slightly so they can move forward too and be relevant again".
    It just really REALLY doesn't make sense to me, what even is the logic behind that? Elitism? Wanting to feel special? Lol
    Nostalgia will be like that. I think it doesn’t have to be a binary choice though and there’s a great alternative suggestion floated on this thread. I missed Piklou’s first mention of a Deathless Quake but any reskin of her that was launched with an adjusted kit that lives in all rarities could satisfy both sides here (outside of the people trying to “win” the discussion).
  • Options
    BigBlueOx said:

IggyPop said:

Nostalgia will be like that. I think it doesn’t have to be a binary choice though and there’s a great alternative suggestion floated on this thread. I missed Piklou’s first mention of a Deathless Quake but any reskin of her that was launched with an adjusted kit that lives in all rarities could satisfy both sides here (outside of the people trying to “win” the discussion).
    I understand nostalgia, I played the game back then too but it is precisely because of nostalgia that I wish I could use her again. I miss using Quake, and if a slight nerf is all it takes then for me it's a yes go for it as long as she doesn't get completely gutted and her playstyle remains the same.

As for that suggestion I wouldn't mind that either personally, I just want to be able to play Quake (or a reskin, doesn't matter to me) efficiently in 2024. I understand she can't be as good as she was but after Miike mentioned her playstyle would not change just the number of matchups she can take I was sold.
    Also I don't know if people realize this or not but she would hard counter Photon Onslaught FAM and Dust completely. She's the answer to all our problems lol.
  • Options

BigBlueOx said:

IggyPop said:

I understand nostalgia, I played the game back then too but it is precisely because of nostalgia that I wish I could use her again. I miss using Quake, and if a slight nerf is all it takes then for me it's a yes go for it as long as she doesn't get completely gutted and her playstyle remains the same.

As for that suggestion I wouldn't mind that either personally, I just want to be able to play Quake (or a reskin, doesn't matter to me) efficiently in 2024. I understand she can't be as good as she was but after Miike mentioned her playstyle would not change just the number of matchups she can take I was sold.
    Also I don't know if people realize this or not but she would hard counter Photon Onslaught FAM and Dust completely. She's the answer to all our problems lol.
    Bullseye too, definitely agree with your perspective on this one.
  • Options
    BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

IggyPop said:

Glad we agreed on something lol not sure about Bullseye though, do you get instant bleeds if you evade too? Can't remember.
  • Options

BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

IggyPop said:

Glad we agreed on something lol not sure about Bullseye though, do you get instant bleeds if you evade too? Can't remember.
    Nope, only if you Dex. I had to confirm it for myself. So if you are able to Quake and Bake or do the evade only method she can rock him.

• Options
    BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

IggyPop said:

Nope, only if you Dex. I had to confirm it for myself. So if you are able to Quake and Bake or do the evade only method she can rock him.

Oh nice thats actually great then
  • Options
    BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

IggyPop said:

That's even crazier then wow that's 5 meta defenders down the drain. I want that nerf or reskin even more now, praying it happens.
  • Options
    TheNepperTheNepper Posts: 24
    BigBlueOx said:

It works now like that because of concussion. If it would be removed, you would bleed from evade as well.
  • Options
    TheNepper said:

BigBlueOx said:

It works now like that because of concussion. If it would be removed, you would bleed from evade as well.
    Ah. Good catch.
  • Options
    Even with that i would still rather her be nerfed to remove concussion for physical vuln
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 814 ★★★
    edited March 30
    Honestly Quakes playstyle involves using the heavy and evade or parry heavy Otherwise, when you play her the normal way she's pretty much average. What about the rest of her kit or specials her normal hits and all? I mean if you change her she can be played the normal way and do great damage.
  • Options
    No Bullseye I guess, too good to be true.
    Don't care though, she'd still obliterate FAM Photon Onslaught and Dust so easily without concussion.

Anyways 192:177, still not overwhelming majority but it's something. Last time there was a poll we stood no chance, hope more people open their eyes as time goes by lol.
  • Options

Don't care though, she'd still obliterate FAM Photon Onslaught and Dust so easily without concussion.

Anyways 192:177, still not overwhelming majority but it's something. Last time there was a poll we stood no chance, hope more people open their eyes as time goes by lol.

Only one in that list id need to actually counter is photon or fam like i like learning onslaught and dust
  • Options
    Bendy said:

Only one in that list id need to actually counter is photon or fam like i like learning onslaught and dust
    Same here, Dust only needs someone with incinerate and Onslaught is easy to counter in general (champs who can't crit like Shocker make it even easier) but I know 90% of the playerbase absolutely despises fighting them so that's why I said Quake is the answer to everyone's problems lol quite literally.
  • Options

Bendy said:

Same here, Dust only needs someone with incinerate and Onslaught is easy to counter in general (champs who can't crit like Shocker make it even easier) but I know 90% of the playerbase absolutely despises fighting them so that's why I said Quake is the answer to everyone's problems lol quite literally.
    Ive been learning the havok cheese on onslaught not there yet though but will do once timing and dust will see as havent seen her on defense yet to actually practise i just know in incursions that month she was a pain to fight
  • Options
    Bendy said:

Bendy said:

Ive been learning the havok cheese on onslaught not there yet though but will do once timing and dust will see as havent seen her on defense yet to actually practise i just know in incursions that month she was a pain to fight
    For Dust, you're good if you have someone with incinerate or plasma that's all you really need. If you don't however good luck with light intercepting the whole match cause you won't be able to hit on her block or block any hits.