Addressing the State of Alliance Wars - Changes and Comp Planned [UPDATED]

Comments

• startropicsstartropics Member Posts: 729 ★★★★
    does this mean extra deaths are going to continue being a design goal in future seasons?

"....but especially if the goal is for deaths to rise a little bit higher..."

is this a hypothetical or something else?

57:28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIA8wGsbepg
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,938 ★★★★★
    Too little too late. I'm only in tier 4 in my retirement ally and it is a disaster. I can't imagine being in tier 1.

I get that you need defenders but releasing this many this quickly has been a horrendous error on your part. AW was already the most hated made in the game and this just made it worse. BGs are not far behind.

No one likes fighting these defenders in addition to the nodes that you clearly don't understand when making them.
  • WardrunaWardruna Member Posts: 34
    For the changes to diversity points, I like the move. Fighting alliances who place 3,4,5 bullseyes and serpents is brutal. But there’s also a problem with the changes to diversity points… What about all the players that ranked up duplicate tactic defenders specifically for aw defense? Do we get rank down tickets for resources wasted on defenders that we now have to remove from our defense? Personally, I used my X-Magica 4-5 rank up gem on serpent who is a great champ, but had I known this change was coming, I most likely would have used the gem on someone else so kind of feels like a wasted rank up
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,317 ★★★★★
    edited March 28
    Wardruna said:

For the changes to diversity points, I like the move. Fighting alliances who place 3,4,5 bullseyes and serpents is brutal. But there’s also a problem with the changes to diversity points… What about all the players that ranked up duplicate tactic defenders specifically for aw defense? Do we get rank down tickets for resources wasted on defenders that we now have to remove from our defense? Personally, I used my X-Magica 4-5 rank up gem on serpent who is a great champ, but had I known this change was coming, I most likely would have used the gem on someone else so kind of feels like a wasted rank up

Yeah well that's just taking it a little too far and making excuses. Its not like people ranked those defenders and will never ever use them somewhere else...
    So your alliance mate ranked Bullseye and you did the same, are you never gonna use him in BGs?
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Member Posts: 1,001 ★★★★★
    When exactly does alliance war defence needs to be changed by to be in effect for the next war? I think Kabam may have underestimated the amount of coordination needed to change defence up.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,317 ★★★★★
    Wozzle007 said:

When exactly does alliance war defence needs to be changed by to be in effect for the next war? I think Kabam may have underestimated the amount of coordination needed to change defence up.

Like right now
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Member Posts: 1,001 ★★★★★

Wozzle007 said:

Like right now
    That’s what I thought. It’s all a little bit poopy in our Alliance trying to sort this out now. Never going to happen in time for next war.
  • AecynAecyn Member Posts: 96
    The compensation for missed wars looks like it's for this season. This has happened to our alliance once for each of the last three seasons, including missing out on a higher tier of rewards for one of those seasons. Any compensation in the works for prior seasons?
  • EdarimEdarim Member Posts: 30
    Jez25 said:

Now to make things worse.. they are compensating those who failed to get a match win rewards.. while the rest gets nothing for the units, resources used in any other win/loss for a clear cock up by them..

really? „failed to get a match“ .. that sound like we are just to dumb to enlist proberly. weve missed two wars because of this, we fell from g1 to g4 because of this … this is just nonsense
  • Jez25Jez25 Member Posts: 45
    Edarim said:

Jez25 said:

Now to make things worse.. they are compensating those who failed to get a match win rewards.. while the rest gets nothing for the units, resources used in any other win/loss for a clear cock up by them..

really? „failed to get a match“ .. that sound like we are just to dumb to enlist proberly. weve missed two wars because of this, we fell from g1 to g4 because of this … this is just nonsense
    I know very well its none of the alliance fault but a bug from KABAM.. so thats what i meant.. sorry that u r so sensitive..
  • Avenger_A1Avenger_A1 Member Posts: 337
    edited March 29
    Isn't allowing me to join war attack - says my champs are in other teams, when I'm not on any other quests. I've been in this alliance for months, so it isn't about recent joining either.

This month has already been a chore and a drag, and then you have to waste time on such nonsense.
  • QuikPikQuikPik Member Posts: 811 ★★★★

Isn't allowing me to join war attack - says my champs are in other teams, when I'm not on any other quests. I've been in this alliance for months, so it isn't about recent joining either.

This month has already been a chore and a drag, and then you have to waste time on such nonsense.

Are some of the attackers you want use on defense on other war map difficulties?
  • Avenger_A1Avenger_A1 Member Posts: 337
    QuikPik said:

Are some of the attackers you want use on defense on other war map difficulties?
    No. Support said some earlier defenders (from last season probably, if that's possible) were stuck. So for a change, it was a real bug.
  • MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Member Posts: 591 ★★
    edited March 29
    As someone said earlier, too little to late for this season. Making changes, that's fine but doing it during the season instead of cancelling it but not making a change once but twice during a season makes a mockery of it and takes out the whole integrity of it. These issues were flagged well in advance and nothing done. It's a shambles.

This made me laugh "We know the current Alliance War season has encountered a number of bugs and growing pains". I'm sorry, how long have we had war seasons now?
  • JerryJiverJerryJiver Member Posts: 108
    The scoring change for diversity was supposed to go live for the next war, in order to give allies time to adjust. That didn’t happen… we’re already seeing 270 pts per diversity placement.
  • KlippKlipp Member Posts: 202 ★★
    We just won because of it 😅
  • Xingu39Xingu39 Member Posts: 5
    edited March 29
    🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Xingu39Xingu39 Member Posts: 5
    Same with my alliance. We just lost because of the diversity scoring was already updated. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • thisisimpossiblthisisimpossibl Member Posts: 69
    Xingu39 said:

I thought this wasn’t going to start until next war? We just lost because of diversity scoring was updated already. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Same. What a BS season this is. Crushed the other alliance in everything except diversity, not expecting it to take effect yet.
  • JerryJiverJerryJiver Member Posts: 108
    Thecurler said:

End the season.

Compensate accordingly.

Please get your house in order. This season has been an unmitigated disaster.

And to be clear about what it means to get your house in order (at least from my perspective) - you clearly do not allocate enough resources for testing, and/or you do not hold people accountable for their errors. It’s been that way for years now. That needs to change.
  • SkyeAtticusSkyeAtticus Member Posts: 5
    We also lost due to the diversity scoring change being live for the war that just ended.
    @Kabam Miike can we get some official word on whether that was intentional or not and what, if anything, Kabam is willing to do about it? I'm happy to provide any specific in-game information necessary to investigate.
  • EvilleEville Member Posts: 11
    Same- we lost war due to diversity scoring already changing on the last war… which it wasn’t announced until after the last war started. It was implemented a war earlier than said. This didn’t allow us time to change defense and we fell a ton of ranks because of it.
  • MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Member Posts: 591 ★★

The scoring change for diversity was supposed to go live for the next war, in order to give allies time to adjust. That didn’t happen… we’re already seeing 270 pts per diversity placement.</blockquote

Even though won war because of that, it seems strange to pick end of current war. Change could have been made at end of last war, pretty sure say change would be for Fridays wars but Fridays war starts today. Not yesterday

• Milan1405Milan1405 Member Posts: 952 ★★★★
    Just end the season already. They've been cancelled for MUCH less in the past.
This discussion has been closed.