Options

Addressing the State of Alliance Wars - Changes and Comp Planned [UPDATED]

Comments

• Options
    MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 574 ★★

The scoring change for diversity was supposed to go live for the next war, in order to give allies time to adjust. That didn’t happen… we’re already seeing 270 pts per diversity placement.</blockquote

Even though won war because of that, it seems strange to pick end of current war. Change could have been made at end of last war, pretty sure say change would be for Fridays wars but Fridays war starts today. Not yesterday

• Options
    Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★
    Just end the season already. They've been cancelled for MUCH less in the past.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Why, just why address the diversity issue on the 6th war of the season. Its been going on since last war tactic because both tactics were annoying.
    This is so annoying.
  • Options
    SkitchenSkitchen Posts: 6
    We just lost as well and would have won by 640 pts. Instead of going to plat, we fell lower in Gold 1…smh
  • Options
    KameraryKamerary Posts: 7
    The message about changing the award of points for diversity came while searching for an opponent. The message says that there should be changes not in the last war, but in the one that will happen today. in fact it is a fraud. we lost points and most importantly category from 3 we are now 4. 9 times you raised points for diversity in the middle of the season without warning and did not give any way to fix the defense.
  • Options
    BettaLucNxtTimeBettaLucNxtTime Posts: 158 ★★
    The incompetence is truly incredible lmao. They will likely shrug and say it was only one war and we will investigate. Then group this in with the “compensation” at the end of the season.
  • Options
    XtremeMachineXtremeMachine Posts: 43

Another affected by your mistake/lie that the diversity changes wouldn't be live till today. Here we are thinking we won, only to see it finished as a loss, leaving us with a wtf!? How!?

Cancel this abomination of a season! War is LOATHED! Players who enjoyed it, now hate it. There is no fun factor, it is a chore. I have dreaded war since season 2 when everyone would place multiple duplicate defenders and not give 2 **** about diversity. Its great that you are FINALLY starting to address the diversity issue, but in doing so, you wasted the rest of this season by jumping the gun towards end of season. I hate war and I doubt anything can make me think otherwise. Go back to the drawing board. Before you do though, compensation for the entirety of this season is in order. The amount of wasted resources...you got what you wanted...Warcropolis. Would be nice to play a mode that works correctly and is fun. War should be like Raids. Everything should be like Raids.
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 463 ★★★
    I can fully understand the rage here, for those appliances pushed hard, they invested time and resources in this game mode but things went wrong again and again, giving up means what they have done is a waste, continuing could be a waste too because nobody knows what else bugs there could be.

Canceling the season right now and giving out compensation is the only way out
  • Options
    i13i13 Posts: 89
    Point system is whack, we’ve had our alliance fully explore maps, getting 3x bonus points on every win.

The other team will explore 2 paths, going for the lower cp defenders, and getting 0 bonus points.

And for some reason they still get a win with more points???

The fudge???

• Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,592 ★★★★★
    Why does stuff like this keep happening…
  • Options
    DarkNightRiseDarkNightRise Posts: 87
    FunnyDude said:

I don't want to be a jerk, but I honestly think Kabam should fire a couple of people, the guy made the decision of the first release of the tactic, and the guy insists to continue the season, or they could be the same one?

Who do you think that person?
  • Options
    KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 446 ★★★
    Ngl I didn’t think the tactic was all that terrible since the original nerf…Bullseye if you don’t plan for him still sucks tho lol guess this is cool for the ones struggling with it tho
  • Options
    SoldierBlue68SoldierBlue68 Posts: 8
    So the changes has now created a bug where my xmagica champs prowess doesn’t pop for well timed blocks. It pops sporadically for hits into defenders block.

I previously was unable to join my AW as it wrongly said I had joined after it despite my defenders being placed. I e-mailed support, you say you are waiting on a response from me I have sen you 5 of them. Including the videos you requested. 😮‍💨
  • Options
    CioCristiCioCristi Posts: 1
    I don't know what's going on with the AW this season but everything is wrong. We have been matched with an alliance from G1, we are G6 (have been there for the last few wars).
    How is that even possible? We are not even close to each other's tiers.
  • Options
    MoghazyMoghazy Posts: 43
    End the season already.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,769 Guardian
    CioCristi said:

I don't know what's going on with the AW this season but everything is wrong. We have been matched with an alliance from G1, we are G6 (have been there for the last few wars).
    How is that even possible? We are not even close to each other's tiers.

Have you played as 3 BG wars all season to this point ?
    Or only 2 before and now increased to 3.
    (I assume that Gold-1 Ally was doing 3 BG all along. But if not then maybe 2 vs 1, same would apply)

Anyways, matching is NOT based on what Medal standings you are in (or even “were” in last season).

It's ONLY based on your War Rating, which also determines what Map Tier (and Multiplier) your wars are in.

You could be similar War Rating, but play wars much differently so your actual results/standing is different.
  • Options
    Potatoslice500Potatoslice500 Posts: 225 ★★
    Well we lost a battle due to the diversity changes happening mid battle. Might cost us our first platinum season.
  • Options
    rotterdamasrrotterdamasr Posts: 2
    Thanks for ruining a season. We have studied the global situation, we have learned to counter it and we have studied a difficult defense for our opponents. It used to work, but now they close us with very few kills. you should have made the Tactics changes at the end of the season, you should have continued like this and waited for it to end. after this shame I decided to leave the game, because it is already difficult to play against the strongest alliances in the world, then when you manage to do it you change the rules. No, I don't play anymore. goodbye, you should just be ashamed
This discussion has been closed.