Options

i can't keep up with champs anymore

startropicsstartropics Posts: 568 ★★★★
too many abilities, complex interactions, and champs tend to have a novel's worth of abilities that takes too long to learn. i can't do it. anyone else barely getting by in battlegrounds because of this?

Comments

• Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,864 ★★★★★

Agree, a good example is Dani. She was released in June 2023, but alot of players including myself, didn't know how to dex her sp2 until now.

How is that a good example lmao. She was never a great defender (she was never placed against me in battlegrounds) and you could just bait sp1’s. WoW just required that we do it
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,812 ★★★★★
    I look at the champ attribute rating. 🔜 I think it will all be max 5, and game developer needs to expand either with more attribute or rating number to say like 10.
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 842 ★★★★
    When did onslaught come out? I still have no idea how to fight him since I constantly ban him. Just got photon under control tho so that’s something
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,473 ★★★★
    PT_99 said:

I just watch, "How to beat xoxo in 2 minutes" before fighting these days 🤧

I do that and then forget by the time I'm in a BG fight against them, lol

You know how many times I've watched videos on maestro? Too many, and I still don't fully understand him, even though I own him, have red his kit many times, and fought him way more than I care to have fought him but yet, he still gets me alot.

Onslaught is an insta ban, no freaking idea how to counter him.

Just recently I discovered how good zemo is against photon, but without him I'm screwed.

Only because of showcase did I finally learn some of the ins and outs of Fantman, but even then he gets me too often still.

I need to start practicing over and over on some of these champs with different counters just to figure out exactly how and why they work the way they do, and why one champ is better than the next against them and NOT forget everything. It's a struggle because my memory is terrible.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,401 ★★★★★

PT_99 said:

I just watch, "How to beat xoxo in 2 minutes" before fighting these days 🤧

I do that and then forget by the time I'm in a BG fight against them, lol

You know how many times I've watched videos on maestro? Too many, and I still don't fully understand him, even though I own him, have red his kit many times, and fought him way more than I care to have fought him but yet, he still gets me alot.

Onslaught is an insta ban, no freaking idea how to counter him.

Just recently I discovered how good zemo is against photon, but without him I'm screwed.

Only because of showcase did I finally learn some of the ins and outs of Fantman, but even then he gets me too often still.

I need to start practicing over and over on some of these champs with different counters just to figure out exactly how and why they work the way they do, and why one champ is better than the next against them and NOT forget everything. It's a struggle because my memory is terrible.
    If you have pierce buff, fantman gets turned in OG captain America fight
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,462 ★★★★
    Reading is lame
  • Options
    Zeke_the_XbotZeke_the_Xbot Posts: 329 ★★

At this rate we need a PHD in MCOC to understand champs and nodes.

The funny thing is the devs don't understand the daunting task of learning and fully understanding these champs. Then again maybe they do and that is now just another aspect of the gacha formula.
  • Options
    MystGMystG Posts: 33
    About a year ago there was a time when I used to read all the new champions abilities, how to use the champs that I've recently pulled, etc etc. and i remember reading everything about the new released champs as we had to plan and defeat them in EQs.
    Now everything is changed, there are so many champs, so much to read. So the new way is to just smash with herc and other max 6 stars and high-end 7 stars and don't need to bother reading anything about the champs.

There was a time when we were interested in learning the champion before ranking them up, but now lol, I explored necro, took Chavez from the selector, took her to r3, then only I did my first fight with her and I'm still exploring her kit.
  • Options
    KLZKLZ Posts: 140
    edited March 31
    What's the point of this post??
    If we only had champs with basic kits/ abilities/ interactions then you would be bored and ask for more and greater difficulty.
    Either is too easy (8.3 and Cerastes), or too hard (Wow Abs), all you do is complain!!
    If you want easy and braindead content then play candy crush, lol.
  • Options
    MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 471 ★★★
    Milan1405 said:

too many abilities, complex interactions, and champs tend to have a novel's worth of abilities that takes too long to learn. i can't do it. anyone else barely getting by in battlegrounds because of this?

I agree. And I'm sick of seeing maxed out/7 star bullseyes, onslaughts, dust, serpents, especially since I haven't been lucky enough to pull any myself.
    Almost 2 years havent pulled hulking. All cosmic nexus and dual crystals for nothing. It’s ridiculous not to have the right champ for a meta or a variety of challenges.

Then there are all these rank 3 7* and i have a duped spiderman.

• Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,118 ★★★★
    @Rayven5220 so this. If I don't watch videos on how they work and how to counter them, I just power through with herc, or typical hard counters to the class, kingpin, nimrod etc.

There are so many I've not read about and don't know why things happen in the fights when they do.

Onslaught, fantman, Adam, photon, shocker, werewolf, misty, infamous, sauron, scorpion, spot, maestro, bullseye, dust, viv. There will be more I'm not thinking of at the mo.

And it's probably the ones that counter their typical hard counters, or most of the class, that are most frustrating; maestro, bullseye, dust.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,096 ★★★★★

Yeah I lost against a maestro in bgs using abs man cuz I don't know maestro is incenerate immune.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,096 ★★★★★

Agreed, and it wouldn't be so bad if some of these champs were at least relevant offensively but so far the only meta relevant ones have been the defenders.
    Chee'ilth, White Tiger, Ironheart, Destroyer and (based on what I saw from the deep dive) Spider Punk are all just not relevant imo like I genuinely have no interest in ranking them up or using them. They have multiple abilities, decent utility, cool animations and good damage but I struggle finding a place for them in my deck or questing teams and unless I had the 7* versions I just don't see a point to even invest in the 6* versions.

Also as a side note, Prowler's rotation looks like a nightmare to pull off for... well for no reason, he puts the same numbers as Ironheart in the same amount of time with the same debuffs (incinerate or rupture).

Like, what's stopping kabam from making prowler or ironheart immune to neuroshocks? There's not a single champ in the game completely immune to onslaught's neuroshock.
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,481 ★★★
    KLZ said:

What's the point of this post??
    If we only had champs with basic kits/ abilities/ interactions then you would be bored and ask for more and greater difficulty.
    Either is too easy (8.3 and Cerastes), or too hard (Wow Abs), all you do is complain!!
    If you want easy and braindead content then play candy crush, lol.

Ay I ain't complaining but cerastes
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,837 ★★★★★
    Was doing the Paragon Gauntlet with Magika tagged champs and had to restart 3 times because I didn’t realize that outside of the node that kept giving Destroyer power when hes below 50%, he was still getting to an sp3. Finally i saw that you need a non damaging debuff /cant dex otherwise he’ll keep gaining power