**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

How is everyone enjoying the MCOC Discord Server?

winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,958 ★★★★★
edited April 1 in General Discussion
Discord: I checked the dictionary meaning. B)

Registered but found it totally confusing for me. I think I am old school. Can't teach an old dog new tricks. :s

Comments

• Options
    shield311shield311 Posts: 376 ★★
    Discord was simple before its update, its a bit complicated now but definitely fun :wink:
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,692 ★★★
    OK so I don't use discord how does it work
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,642 ★★★★★
    I don't use discord and am already used to the forums.
  • Options
    AtzeKrankAtzeKrank Posts: 121
    IlociaM97 said:

Got banned for not talk on English so, no

Sounds like a you problem.
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,821 ★★★★★
    I prefer the LINE chat that I’m on, and the forums.
    The discord channel is cool in theory, but I can’t say that I enjoy it as much as the others.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,561 ★★★★★
    xLunatiXx said:

I've been using discord for 5 years for various games including for my alliance in mcoc. It's far superior compared to Line.

However when it comes to this official discord, the only use I see is following all of the "Information" category so they appear automatically in your own server. That way you can stay up to date without checking the forum every time.
    Also maybe the infographic section since I don't use Twitter, it's going to be easier to find them and add them to my own server.

I can't tell if the recruiting part is nice and will work, I don't deal with that.

The rest is just random discussions, hard to follow cause not structured like the forum. It's like a decent version of global. Which is nice for some. I just don't have any interest in engaging with randoms about which champ is best etc

This is a great way to put it. It's literally just global chat but moderated 💀
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,033 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

I have Line for specific chats. I like the forums, even with all their weaknesses. Maybe Discord will be better eventually, but the game feels like it is beginning to have too many locations players have to access to find information.

Dr. Zola

This!!!

I complain about the same thing at work. We have network drives, sharepoints, OneNote, etc. All with the goal of having everything in one place, but reaching the inevitable conclusion of everything being splintered across the enterprise.

Here, we now have the forums, X (Twitter), Instagram, I think Facebook still, the official game website, and now a Discord server.

I'll never understand the desire to change just for the sake of changing.
  • Options
    Godslayer_1Godslayer_1 Posts: 329 ★★★
    edited April 1
    ahmynuts said:

The forums are far superior, which is something i never thought i would say but here we are

I agree. I find discord very cluttered
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    Agree with most of the sentiment here ... it was the first thing I asked .. how can anyone keep up with anything meaningful over there .. it's best to just tag the categories of info and call it a day ... way way too confusing and busy to digest anything worth the time.

Cool for the Discord lovers but in general just too tall an ask to embrace right now.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,406 ★★★★★
    A lot of people don't even bother looking for answers in the forums, they start they own thread even if there are 10 others who asked the same thing. Doubt a chat running 24/7 will be better.
    Also communication via ingame mail is not the greatest sometimes, and people complain that they shouldn't need to come to the forums to be informed, a 3rd source might not be the greatest Remember the Zemo trello board situation.
  • Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 879 ★★★
    As soon as it was launched I think a lot of us just thought....but why....forums work just fine for responding to concerns and communicating information and events. I feel like this is either a collab thing or for the younger generation of gamers who live on discord. (Trying to get new players maybe?) But overall I think most of us will just stay here and unless they are outsourcing more mods/employees discord is just gunna be a another headache for kabam staff to keep on track. I don't know how modding a discord server works but it can't be as simple as modding this. Maybe there is something about it that makes their lives easier but it definitely isn't more simplified for us. I checked it out. Wasted 10 minutes I could have been in game completing content. And checked out. Time is the second most important currency in MCOC atm. I'm not wasting it on trying to navigate that mess.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,925 ★★★★★
    I've never been a discord guy, and don't plan to start now.
    I like the forums.
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,176 ★★★★
    I've never been a huge Discord person outside of playing some PC games with friends, and using it for PS5 once that became available.

As others have stated, the MCOC Discord is like a better moderated Global chat. There's been a few conversations that have substance to them and people go back and forth, but you also have others talking about a completely different thing at the same time, so it gets cluttered. Sure, the "reply" feature helps, since it highlights when someone responds back to you, but it's still so high traffic the times I've been on there.

Other times you can ask something, and someone might not even acknowledge you at all. Then you have "those" that want to spam "anyone want to race with me to see who can become Cavalier quickest??" or "if this post gets 50 likes, I'll do 50 pushups!" and it's like...grow up, Peter Pan.

I still think I like the structure of these forums better, because once a post is made, it stays there, and we can go back and address others replies and keep a discussion going without everything getting lost to the void.
  • Options
    Heavyweight users over at Discord.

• Options
    IlociaM97IlociaM97 Posts: 163
    Got kicked out for typing a message on Spanish
  • Options
    NEXTONNEXTON Posts: 594 ★★★
    Slayer banned me for speaking
    ahmynuts said:

The forums are far superior, which is something i never thought i would say but here we are

Well, you are on here quite a lot lol. 😆

• Options
    IlociaM97 said:

Got kicked out for typing a message on Spanish

Nobody gets kicked out or banned for not speaking English (unless what's being said is inappropriate) - we just don't have enough people to moderate other languages, yet. The most we'll do is give a gentle reminder and delete a message. Nobody's getting banned from the server or something because of it.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,437 ★★★★★
    Installed the app.
    Joined the server.
    Observed some toxicity.
    Uninstalled.

Life is back to peace, no more chaos.
  • Options

Installed the app.
    Joined the server.

Set app with notification.
    Close app.

Maybe to give traction to Discord, announcements happening over there first plus some nice graphics.