7 Star R1->R2 Gem

LewisTheLlamaLewisTheLlama Member Posts: 305 ★★★

Hi all, who would you use a generic R1->R2 gem on out of these champions? I have 5 skill catalysts so it won’t be one of them, and I also have 3 science and 3 mystic so I am apprehensive to use it on one of them. I’m thinking Iron Man right now for a big burst damage BG champion especially since I only have an R3 unawakened Nimrod, no Warlock either. Only a R4 Fantman and Omega Sentinel, and if I use them on BG it’s usually for defence. But his awakened ability would be very nice to have and IDK when or if that’ll come about.

Titania is already R2.

Comments

• LewisTheLlamaLewisTheLlama Member Posts: 305 ★★★
    Apologies for the tragic photo quality
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,093 ★★★★★
    Venom is insanely good
  • LewisTheLlamaLewisTheLlama Member Posts: 305 ★★★

Venom is insanely good

He is fun to play but I find the RNG aspects of him to be hit or miss, like stealing buffs and the buffs he gets himself. It’s a little bit unreliable in BGs which is my main rank-up incentive right now.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,093 ★★★★★
    The 7* venom has higher chance for crit, along with the stat focus, so your bleed hits hard.

Also you're lucky to have a 6* venom relic, which significantly boosts his damage output. Getting the right buffs doesn't even matter as he'll just kill of the opponent with basic hits. He even hits hard in unfavourable matchups, like kingpin, nimrod or chavez.
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★
    What my boy Captain said!

Venom wrecks things, even when it's not the most favorable match up, he still does well.

But if you're pretty hurtin on the Tech front, Iron Mna is definitely a great option as well.
  • AnbeiAnbei Member Posts: 136
    Iron Man OG or Venom
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,135 ★★★★★

The 7* venom has higher chance for crit, along with the stat focus, so your bleed hits hard.

Also you're lucky to have a 6* venom relic, which significantly boosts his damage output. Getting the right buffs doesn't even matter as he'll just kill of the opponent with basic hits. He even hits hard in unfavourable matchups, like kingpin, nimrod or chavez.

He's also great against Kindred. Definitely do Venom if your focus is BG.
  • Jack2634Jack2634 Member Posts: 911 ★★★
    doggo woof woof